Evil Avatar  



Go Back   Evil Avatar > Daily Gaming News > News Items

» Sponsored Links


» Recent Threads
DC Comic To Launch New...
Last post by Emabulator
Today 08:38 AM
0 Replies, 82 Views
RetroN 77 REVIEW - Pros...
Last post by Metal Jesus
Today 07:35 AM
2 Replies, 243 Views
Liberals gone wild
Last post by Terran
Today 06:16 AM
1,762 Replies, 189,738 Views
Rumor - Red Dead...
Last post by Rommel
Today 05:41 AM
1 Replies, 266 Views
Sir Patrick Stewart...
Last post by Terran
Today 05:25 AM
28 Replies, 2,068 Views
Star Wars Fans Campaign...
Last post by Terran
Today 05:20 AM
51 Replies, 1,818 Views
Pure Evil - Heroes of...
Last post by Evil Avatar
Today 02:10 AM
27 Replies, 1,620 Views
Shadowrun Returns:...
Last post by vallor
Today 01:38 AM
4 Replies, 333 Views
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2018, 11:05 AM   #41
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 8,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
Very true. You're not multilingual. Your first and only language is "bullshit" and you never shut up.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 11:35 AM   #42
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bawwston
Posts: 7,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
Very true. You're not multilingual. Your first and only language is "bullshit" and you never shut up.
Says the guy who thinks forcing diversity above one's actual technical skills for a position is far more important. Speaking of bullshit, you're piling it up pretty high in this thread. You're so fucking drunk off the progressive kool aid you're not even making sense at this point.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 11:36 AM   #43
Booda
Beam another Blast
 
Booda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Streets of Dis
Posts: 1,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
I'll leave it at this: Is it more likely that all these companies are spending money on diversity and representing diversity because of "SJW"s, or because they actually see a monetary benefit from doing so? These are corporations. They don't do ANYTHING that doesn't benefit them financially.
I'd like to introduce you to Starbucks.
Booda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 12:14 PM   #44
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 12,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
Your first and only language is "bullshit"
__________________
Why would Republicans pass such a terrible tax law? lol...

Giving people more of their own money...WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS? :D
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 01:03 PM   #45
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 8,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booda View Post
I don’t understand your point in posting this with my quoted text.

Starbucks revised their policies on welcoming the public after they suffered a massive PR hit from an incident wherein they discriminated against people in their store. The move was PR related, which directly involves their financial standing.

I repeat, companies don’t do anything that doesn’t positively affect their bottom line. Managing brand perception is part of that.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 03:33 PM   #46
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 12,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
I don’t understand your point in posting this with my quoted text.
__________________
Why would Republicans pass such a terrible tax law? lol...

Giving people more of their own money...WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS? :D
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 03:55 PM   #47
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 8,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
You're absolutely right. I absolutely am an expert On Bullshit. I also have a branded Bullshit Detector that I sell alongside my book. I'm using it right now. You're off the needle.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 04:00 PM   #48
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 12,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
You're absolutely right. I absolutely am an expert On Bullshit..
You wrote the book because you're full of bullshit.
__________________
Why would Republicans pass such a terrible tax law? lol...

Giving people more of their own money...WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS? :D
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 04:12 AM   #49
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game
 
Evil Avatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 32,491
Blog Entries: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
Ugh.

You're the worst kind of stupid, which is so stupid you don't even KNOW how stupid you are.

I'll leave it at this: Is it more likely that all these companies are spending money on diversity and representing diversity because of "SJW"s, or because they actually see a monetary benefit from doing so? These are corporations. They don't do ANYTHING that doesn't benefit them financially.
This is actually not true, look at Marvel comics. They know diversity is hurting their bottom line and have flat out said it is killing their business and they keep doing it anyway. If the people entrenched at the top don’t care what it does to their profits, companies will keep pushing diversity right up until they fail... which will probably happen to the print end of Marvel soon.

They really don’t need the comics at this point anyway.
__________________
I'm bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be than me.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 05:33 AM   #50
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 8,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
This is actually not true, look at Marvel comics. They know diversity is hurting their bottom line and have flat out said it is killing their business and they keep doing it anyway. If the people entrenched at the top don’t care what it does to their profits, companies will keep pushing diversity right up until they fail... which will probably happen to the print end of Marvel soon.

They really don’t need the comics at this point anyway.
This is a vast mischaracterization of what happened. Axel Alonzo, as editor in chief, theorized that it would help the business if they catered to marginalized people groups to get those people on board with comics. It DID work, as the continual letters column submissions proved, but overall not in the numbers that Marvel would have wanted. It turned off more people than it turned on. So Axel Alonzo was fired and they got a new Editor in Chief.

My original point stands. There are a lot of times when a company does something in an effort to make more money and fail. That doesn't change the fact that it was still motivated by money. JC Penny, years ago, hired an Apple executive to lead the store and he tried to make JC Penny function like an Apple Store. He tried to get rid of "sales" and instead charge true prices for all products. It failed as an attempt to
Boost business. They fired him and then got a new CEO.

Same thing.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 05:54 AM   #51
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Diego, California
Posts: 6,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
Ugh.

You're the worst kind of stupid, which is so stupid you don't even KNOW how stupid you are.
You are the last person who has the right to type that sentence.

I've been working with making products for different cultures for over 20 years and in all that time rarely did having a diversity hire trump simple research, in fact outside of localization (in the form of ensuring context corrections) I can't think of a single CULTURAL advantage provided by a diversity hire.

I'm neither a German or from Japan but I can tell you, culturally, what they play game-wise and what will or won't sell there (and what the governments will and won't let you release!). I can tell you what you can or can't have in a game going to China or the Middle-East. I give you a laundry list of tips and tricks of how to attract females and children to a title, yet I'm a old man.

I have seen geopolitical insanity from near international incidents because China felt Microsoft accidentally recognized Tibet through the way they designed the "Time zone" highlight in the world clock of Windows 95, to bomb threats against developers homes for using a flowing script texture on floor tiles that looked arabic so could be from a holy text.

I've had to release patches to many years-old products that we had to find source code on dusty ass hard drives because someone felt like some spotlight beams, when viewed from a certain angle, could be construed to spell out "KKK".

So you can take your self-righteous bullshit and gobble it right back down. None of these cases, or hundred or even thousands more cultural issues we preemptively spotted, would have been avoided by spending millions on diversity or inclusion (especially on less qualified candidates) simply to fill a diversity hire, than we found through sheer research.

Having diversity hires to target a product for a market is also questionable unless you are trying to avoid the label of "cultural appropriation". For example the Disney movie "Coco" could have just as easily been done by people of any race who did their research.

You might remember one of the best examples of the Mexican Day of the Dead prior to Coco was Grim Fandango; developed by mostly white people at Lucas Arts, and still praised by people of all backgrounds for its depiction of the traditions surrounding the Day of the Dead and the Aztec/Mexican afterlife.

Expensive and mediocre diversity checkbox hires will rarely provide the same value as good ol' fashioned research.

Look for the BEST hire. Diversity be damned; if you really need to find out about Mexican or African American or Female likes or whatever you can

1) Find Mexicans out in front of Home Depot; hire some of them as "consultants" for $30 an hour for a few days. It saves a lot of money and they will love it much more than the typical landscaping they usually do for day labor

2) Do a work study at a prison to get the black perspective. There's a great concentration and all sorts of backgrounds. Take a few cartons of smokes and the world is your oyster!

3) Hire a hooker. They're happy to tell you anything you want AND you can get a blowjob out of it without having to worry about an HR backlash or some bullshit coming back to halt your career in it's tracks years later from some vengeful female co-worker. PRO TIP: Double check she's actually a woman (right Eddie Murphy?!)

There, all covered and you still have all your headcount so you can actually find the BEST person to fill your job. Purple, male, female, Zer, Zim, White, Black, Chinese, whatever that most qualified person happens to be.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 06:03 AM   #52
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 12,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
1) Find Mexicans out in front of Home Depot
They don't hang out at Home Depot any more; the founder is a patriot who triggers liberals.

Quote:
2) Do a work study at a prison to get the black perspective.
lol. Triggered again!

Quote:
3) Hire a hooker.
She better be ugly, or you'll trigger libs a third time.
__________________
Why would Republicans pass such a terrible tax law? lol...

Giving people more of their own money...WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS? :D
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 06:49 AM   #53
AlfredT
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,088
I think the first guy who posted this site has turned into a jerkoff platform for tangentially relevant commentary (and general curmudgeons) is spot on.

Also whoever called him triggered has no sense of fucking hypocrisy. lol
__________________
There are sharks in the water, and your mangina is bleeding heavily.
AlfredT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 06:50 AM   #54
AlfredT
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,088
Also Jaz's point, companys do shit for money.. is pretty spot on.

Even when they are pandering to SJWs at a loss, its because they are re-couping it elsewhere or have plans to do so.
__________________
There are sharks in the water, and your mangina is bleeding heavily.
AlfredT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 07:10 AM   #55
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist
 
Chimpbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Third Planet of the Black Hole
Posts: 8,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
This is a vast mischaracterization of what happened. Axel Alonzo, as editor in chief, theorized that it would help the business if they catered to marginalized people groups to get those people on board with comics. It DID work, as the continual letters column submissions proved, but overall not in the numbers that Marvel would have wanted. It turned off more people than it turned on. So Axel Alonzo was fired and they got a new Editor in Chief.
You can't really use the letters section they publish in every issue as legitimate evidence of anything; they select what letters are printed and responded to. Cherrypicked evidence isn't indicative of anything because it can only support the narrative they want it to support. Of course they would only print the positive letters that supported the changes they were making.

Their efforts didn't work because their sales figures tanked. This is why most of the "diversity" changes they made either have been or will be walked back.
__________________
EvAv's Senior Godzillaologist
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front
Chimpbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 08:16 AM   #56
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 8,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
You can't really use the letters section they publish in every issue as legitimate evidence of anything; they select what letters are printed and responded to. Cherrypicked evidence isn't indicative of anything because it can only support the narrative they want it to support. Of course they would only print the positive letters that supported the changes they were making.

Their efforts didn't work because their sales figures tanked. This is why most of the "diversity" changes they made either have been or will be walked back.
You're absolutely right. That's the point I was making in my original post, although I might not have stated it properly.

My point was that the changes DID work, because there were letters from people describing how the changes affected them and how they were brought into comics because of it. But just because they found 500 letters of that type doesn't mean it didn't lose them 5000+ book sales overall.

That's why, we both said, they fired Alonzo and are walking back those changes. But clearly they won't walk them back entirely because, as stated, they were effective in some regard.

I doubt we will see Ms. Marvel go anywhere, for instance.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 11:23 AM   #57
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bawwston
Posts: 7,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
You're absolutely right. That's the point I was making in my original post, although I might not have stated it properly.

My point was that the changes DID work, because there were letters from people describing how the changes affected them and how they were brought into comics because of it. But just because they found 500 letters of that type doesn't mean it didn't lose them 5000+ book sales overall.

That's why, we both said, they fired Alonzo and are walking back those changes. But clearly they won't walk them back entirely because, as stated, they were effective in some regard.

I doubt we will see Ms. Marvel go anywhere, for instance.
As sales tank claiming that diversity hires for the sake of it WORKED! Is just about the most retarded and wrong comment one can make. You racist piece of shit.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 01:11 PM   #58
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 8,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
As sales tank claiming that diversity hires for the sake of it WORKED! Is just about the most retarded and wrong comment one can make. You racist piece of shit.
Are you insane or do you just half read things? I mean, Terran is an idiot, but you make him look like a savant.

No, dummy, nobody is claiming that “diversity hires” “worked”. Nothing I have ever said on this entire site has been about “diversity hires”. In fact, YOU are the only person invoking “diversity hires”. The original post topic was about a diverse writers room which you just ASUMED AND DECIDED meant that they were “diversity hires” and unqualified for their jobs.

So who’s the racist piece of shit again? Because spoiler, it’s always you.

Moreover, what we were talking about regarding Marvel were the CHARACTERS. Unless you think Marvel hires their characters. Honestly that would not surprise me.

The characters worked because the letters pages were chock full of very real people saying they were drawn to the books because of the diversity. It worked. Nobody cares if that makes you mad. But it didn’t work to increase overall numbers, so Alonzo was fired. That’s the way it goes.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 02:18 PM   #59
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 12,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
Nothing I have ever said on this entire site...
...has been of any value to anyone.

__________________
Why would Republicans pass such a terrible tax law? lol...

Giving people more of their own money...WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS? :D
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 05:08 PM   #60
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Diego, California
Posts: 6,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
She better be ugly, or you'll trigger libs a third time.
I won't know if she's beautiful or not. For maximum effect you have to get the hooker to wear a burka; to cover all the bases.

/so racist... oh wait, Sharia isn't a race just an ultra regressive orthodoxy which goes against everything the left has tried to stand for since the 1960s but for some reason finds its strongest allies in the left!
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
watchmen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:00 AM.