Game & Movie Releases...
Last post by Evil Avatar
Yesterday 05:21 AM
4 Replies, 934 Views

Old 02-01-2017, 07:38 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

BioWare Teasing new Multiplayer Title for 2017

BioWare has made a short post teasing their new IP for 2017, a title that "has the potential to fundamentally disrupt the way people think about an action title, bringing friends together to play in exhilarating new ways."

Quote:
As we’re working hard to finish Mass Effect: Andromeda, I wanted to take a minute to talk about our new IP. As our CEO Andrew Wilson mentioned, we’re creating a unique IP that will bring players together in exciting new ways.

There’s much more to say in the coming months, but for now, I wanted to offer this additional background.

In 2012, we began crafting a new universe full of new characters, stories, and gameplay. Our ambition is simple: Draw upon 20+ years of development knowledge and lessons to create something fun and new for you to enjoy with your friends.

There’s nothing quite as exciting as building a new IP from scratch, and it will be even more thrilling for us to share more with you in the future.
Sounds like another multiplayer-only title. I don't know about anyone else, but I see multiplayer focused titles and I kinda tune out.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 07:56 AM   #2
Capt_Thad
Evil Dead

Supposedly launching by April 2018.

Quote:
"At the end of the fiscal year, our BioWare studio will be delivering an all-new IP, a clean-sheet design with new concepts, new gameplay mechanics, and new stories set in a unique new universe," Wilson said. "This game has the potential to fundamentally disrupt the way people think about an action title, bringing friends together to play in an exhilarating new way. We're very excited about the future of this new franchise and its ability to attract a large, global audience."

When pressed for further details during the Q&A portion of the call, Wilson described it as an action-adventure game, rather than an RPG, and suggest it will blend genres.

"What we're seeing more and more is genre-melding, which is great components of a number of different genres really kind of coming together into single games," he said. "And so when you think about this game, you should be thinking about the great RPG character development and storyline progression that BioWare is known for, but in a world of greater action and greater adventure, which is growing to be one of the larger categories in games."
Co-op Action/Adventure title with RPG elements, maybe? Considering their other wholly owned IP's were Mass Effect, Jade Empire, and Dragon Age, seems likely that whatever they've come up with will be high quality.
Old 02-01-2017, 08:23 AM   #3
Terran
Evil Dead

Not really interested in Mass Effect: Androgynous or whatever else they have coming up. They've fallen a long way from their heyday, Bioware. Sad.

Giving people more of their own money...WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS? :D
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 08:38 AM   #4
Nowyn
Dread Lord

They tried this before with "Shadow Realms" and then cancelled it, right?
Nowyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 08:42 AM   #5
EL CABONG
Evil Dead

Multi only is a hard sell. Most of us have been burned case in point Titian Fall .
EL CABONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 09:16 AM   #6
actusoul
Evil Dead

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! Do not waste your time. Single player PLEASE!!! Keep multiplayer to FPS etc.
actusoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 10:27 AM   #7
Meeks
Evil Dead

For me, multiplayer-only, by definition, isn't a bad thing. I think that recent offerings in this space have been so uninspired that the perception has almost become the reality. If done right, there's no reason someone like Bioware can't come along and shake things up... give us all a reason to rethink multiplayer-only titles.
Old 02-01-2017, 10:30 AM   #8
Meeks
Evil Dead

Or just give me a mindless coop romp Golden Axe 2017 and I'd be good with that too.
Old 02-01-2017, 11:18 AM   #9
Chief Smash
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeks View Post
Or just give me a mindless coop romp Golden Axe 2017 and I'd be good with that too.
This might be the best idea in the world right now.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 11:42 AM   #10
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Sounds like they are pursuing EA's dream; a BioWare Microtransaction Money Machine!
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 02:14 PM   #11
screwyluie
Evil Dead

it would be nice to see the idea of neverwinter night fully realized. While NWN and NWN2 are fantastic games and the online aspect of them eventually took off, the idea of creating a world and scripting an adventure was still too difficult and unapproachable for the vast majority of people.

as much as I love paper and dice it's getting harder and harder to find the time and the people for it. MUDD's were an awesome evolution of that back in the day. I would love to see the fully 3D vision of paper and dice finally realized in a way that works really well.

This would allow for single player adventures as well as multiplayer. People drop in and out like they do in many modern games as well as paper and dice.

It can happen, the elements are out there it just hasn't been put into a really cohesive, attractive, approachable package.
screwyluie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 02:40 PM   #12
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL CABONG View Post
Multi only is a hard sell. Most of us have been burned case in point Titian Fall .
No one said it was multiplayer-only...other than Evil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
Sounds like another multiplayer-only title. I don't know about anyone else, but I see multiplayer focused titles and I kinda tune out.
No one said it was mutliplayer-only. Other than you, of course.
Old 02-01-2017, 09:01 PM   #13
Anenome
Autarchist

First everyone tried to be WoW, now they tryin'a be CoD I guess.
Old 02-02-2017, 08:12 AM   #14
Sammael
Nope, nope. Not this time

There is a need for Co-op RPGs. My wife and I have been playing Diablo 3 on PS4 with her sisters (4 player) and it is well done.

My problem is that I have so many hours logged on the PC version already... and I am still mourning my fallen HC Crusader...

There need to be more games like that. Give us a game where we can enjoy the story together and you did it right. Make us play capture the flag over and over again, or death match, and I won't be interested.

Biggest Ranger Fan on EA!!!!!!!!
Lets go Rangers!!!!
Sammael is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bioware