Evil Avatar  



Go Back   Evil Avatar > Daily Gaming News > News Items

» Sponsored Links


» Recent Threads
Godzilla King of the...
Last post by EGO
Today 12:54 PM
9 Replies, 408 Views
John Romero Releasing...
Last post by EGO
Today 12:50 PM
5 Replies, 201 Views
Netflix gives some...
Last post by Demo_Boy
Today 10:25 AM
2 Replies, 278 Views
No Manís Sky Developer...
Last post by PatrickRes9
Today 09:21 AM
3 Replies, 435 Views
Katy Perry is Coming to...
Last post by Meusli
Today 08:42 AM
14 Replies, 689 Views
First Avengers Endgame...
Last post by Chimpbot
Today 08:38 AM
18 Replies, 1,003 Views
Monster Hunter World...
Last post by Chimpbot
Today 07:28 AM
7 Replies, 425 Views
DOOM Celebrates its 25th...
Last post by Evil Avatar
Today 07:12 AM
13 Replies, 489 Views
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2017, 12:36 PM   #41
PacerDawn
Choadwanger
 
PacerDawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,914
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
You: Poor oppressed men. Women get everything and we get nothing. We're treated so poorly.
Me: Baby. Be a man. That's not true anyway.
You: *mumble mumble mumble*
Better than:

Person 1: Poor oppressed women. Men get everything and we get nothing. We're treated so poorly.
Person 2: Baby. Be a woman. That's not true anyway.
Person 1: Did you just assume my gender? And my age? I demand an apology while I write up a strongly worded email to your employer requesting that they fire you.
__________________
The last time someone slipped viagra in my drink, I found out the hard way.
PacerDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 05:40 PM   #42
Phoenix1985
Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
I think ME 2 really screwed Bioware up. ME2 was a megaton and it made Bioware say " MORE OF THAT AND LESS OF EVERYTHING ELSE!". But what exactly made ME 2 popular was elusive to them. The success of ME 2 was what made them chunk basically all of Dragon Age in favor of Dragon Age 2, which was a mess. Then it led to ME3 which was ostensibly also a mess, but gave them phantom sales just because of the number of people who like ME 2.

So in a way, Andromeda wS somewhat of a right-sizing for the series. This is the first game that's not a direct response to ME 2.
In a sense I think you're right. In turn however, what messed up Andromeda was probably Inquisitor. That game had some neat story beats and cool ideas but was mired in the open world padding, which ME:A got stuck with.

What's actually messing it up now? Well, EA, but we knew that from the start. The slow decline of the company under their direction was long-awaited.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintBlitzkrieg View Post
Also, Telltale signed with xbox, with fear that if they released Jurassic Park on the PS3, the dinosaurs would get loose.
Phoenix1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 08:55 AM   #43
Mojopin
Evil Dead
 
Mojopin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: BEHIND YOU!!!
Posts: 843
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
I'm occupying so much space in your limited cognitive capacity that both yourself and Jiz reply to and about me with no effort or initiation on my part whatsoever, as happened right in this thread.

THAT is how that works. Both of you are snowflakes and you've been triggered!
Oh yes, "so much space" for your easily predicted response. You are a carbon copy of a carbon copy dude, it's so easy to know your next move because you do the exact... same... thing... everytime. Your name gets mentioned, you enter the fray like a child with his feewings hurt and just add insult to your injury with pointlessness that is really only funny to yourself and a few of your alt-right circle jerk trolling bud-rose. I just knew what was coming and had to get a laugh out of it Thanks for doing exactly what was expected from you.
Mojopin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 09:51 AM   #44
bub64882
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,354
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
ME:2 is simply overrated and is arguably the weakest of the 3 titles despite ME3's shit ending. It's totally a filler title and the main plot goes absolutely no where. The whole fight against the collectors felt entirely worthless.
Completely agree.
bub64882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 11:18 AM   #45
ministryofwrath
Evil Dead
 
ministryofwrath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 336
You don't even have a argument, shaming someone with images is just a fail.


If I'm a fat ugly woman, but I fuck some poor man and decide to keep the child rather than murder him, I can milk tax paying money form the smart men who didn't fuck me as most tax is paid by men.

that means women get resources from men smart enough to keep their distance in the first place, so yes women get things handed to them.

Secondly child support, what a joke in the first place, as the one with the money should be the one who takes care of the kids, not artificially suck money out of the productive one and give it to the helpless one.

thirdly if you were foolish enough to get married, you will lose most of your money fighting it in court , and give half of whatever is left over or more to the woman.

Men have no fault rape in court now, that means all a woman has to do is say you raped her and it's true, even if you didn't even touch her.



If you are going to make fun of the fact that men work for their value and women aren't handed it due to artificial value by social standing you're not even worth debating.

Logic is objective, your feelings and opinions on it are subjective.

I don't like the facts, but I live with them and make choices accordingly.


So yes, women have life on easy mode compared to men.


if the government didn't replace men as a provider you'd see a completely alternative reality and a return to feminine women.


As of now, women emulate the worst characteristics they see in men while ignoring the virtuous ones and name it "equality"

of course you see them lobby for CEO jobs...but never construction jobs, or custodian jobs.

because that's beneath them.


As for all you liberal mind jobs who thinks the white man needs to pay back for all his years of betrayal, allow me to throw you a counter cluster fuck.

If women want equality, they should have to realize that without the sacrifice of the countless wars that were fought by almost 100% men they wouldn't have the equal freedom they have today, thus if I have to pay back for historical sins, women have to pay for the lack of historical female body counts in past wars.


Dance around that you SJW twits.


Of course I don't actually think like a monkey with downs syndrome so your logic would have realistically enter my mind, but if I were, that's what I would propose.


Yes, when you make a game filled with technical retardation, social retardation and agendas it will fail.

Nature always wins.

And nature is going to take back the rainbow bitch.
ministryofwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 11:21 AM   #46
Phoenix1985
Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,256
ME2 was a pretty great standalone title, but as part of a series it kind of floundered.

That is of course not mentioning the many problems with its own lore and the execution of some plot points. It is my favorite in the series in terms of gameplay and overall polish, but 1 will always have my fav story. 3 is just a mess from start to finish. Multiplayer is great though.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintBlitzkrieg View Post
Also, Telltale signed with xbox, with fear that if they released Jurassic Park on the PS3, the dinosaurs would get loose.
Phoenix1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 11:51 AM   #47
bub64882
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,354
Quote:
Originally Posted by ministryofwrath View Post
You don't even have a argument, shaming someone with images is just a fail.


If I'm a fat ugly woman, but I fuck some poor man and decide to keep the child rather than murder him, I can milk tax paying money form the smart men who didn't fuck me as most tax is paid by men.

that means women get resources from men smart enough to keep their distance in the first place, so yes women get things handed to them.

Secondly child support, what a joke in the first place, as the one with the money should be the one who takes care of the kids, not artificially suck money out of the productive one and give it to the helpless one.

thirdly if you were foolish enough to get married, you will lose most of your money fighting it in court , and give half of whatever is left over or more to the woman.

Men have no fault rape in court now, that means all a woman has to do is say you raped her and it's true, even if you didn't even touch her.



If you are going to make fun of the fact that men work for their value and women aren't handed it due to artificial value by social standing you're not even worth debating.

Logic is objective, your feelings and opinions on it are subjective.

I don't like the facts, but I live with them and make choices accordingly.


So yes, women have life on easy mode compared to men.


if the government didn't replace men as a provider you'd see a completely alternative reality and a return to feminine women.


As of now, women emulate the worst characteristics they see in men while ignoring the virtuous ones and name it "equality"

of course you see them lobby for CEO jobs...but never construction jobs, or custodian jobs.

because that's beneath them.


As for all you liberal mind jobs who thinks the white man needs to pay back for all his years of betrayal, allow me to throw you a counter cluster fuck.

If women want equality, they should have to realize that without the sacrifice of the countless wars that were fought by almost 100% men they wouldn't have the equal freedom they have today, thus if I have to pay back for historical sins, women have to pay for the lack of historical female body counts in past wars.


Dance around that you SJW twits.


Of course I don't actually think like a monkey with downs syndrome so your logic would have realistically enter my mind, but if I were, that's what I would propose.


Yes, when you make a game filled with technical retardation, social retardation and agendas it will fail.

Nature always wins.

And nature is going to take back the rainbow bitch.
Couldn't find the Lithium this morning?
bub64882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 12:04 PM   #48
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Terran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 13,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojopin View Post
Oh yes...Your name gets mentioned
EVERY TIME you enter a thread and respond to or about me with no initiation on my part you further prove how deeply entrenched you've allowed thoughts of me to become in your sad little mind. I am flattered you spend so much time and energy thinking of me. Who the hell are you again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ministryofwrath View Post
So yes, women have life on easy mode compared to men.
In the Western world, damn straight. Leftist lesbian intellectual Camille Paglia on how indispensable men have been to the developed world.

Quote:
Indeed, men are absolutely indispensable right now, invisible as it is to most feminists, who seem blind to the infrastructure that makes their own work lives possible. It is overwhelmingly men who do the dirty, dangerous work of building roads, pouring concrete, laying bricks, tarring roofs, hanging electric wires, excavating natural gas and sewage lines, cutting and clearing trees, and bulldozing the landscape for housing developments. It is men who heft and weld the giant steel beams that frame our office buildings, and it is men who do the hair-raising work of insetting and sealing the finely tempered plate-glass windows of skyscrapers 50 stories tall.
* Men make up the lion's share of workplace deaths...because they work in dangerous jobs that women refuse to do.
* Men receive lengthier prison sentences and capital punishment more often for similar offenses to women.
* Men are on the losing end of most divorces, leading to alimony, lack of custody/contact with kids, loss of assets, and even mandatory childcare payments for children proven not to be their own!
* In a consensual sexual encounter the man can easily be accused and assumed guilty of sexual assault but not the woman under the same set of circumstances.
* Women are considered disadvantaged in education despite being the majority of our college-attending and degree earning population.

Are you driving a car, on a road, in a major urban center with skyscrapers, and flushing a toilet, turning on lights, and otherwise enjoying the modern amenities of the infrastructure of the developed world? THANK MEN FOR THAT. Men built almost all that you see that makes your modern life possible.

SJWs are morons with no understanding of the mutually beneficial abilities and unique contributions of the sexes.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
"...boys lining up outside a room to take a turn gang raping a woman?...I went to frat parties where shit like this was going down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 12:34 PM   #49
DarkestHour00
Subscriber
 
DarkestHour00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by bub64882 View Post
Couldn't find the Lithium this morning?
Couldn't find a good counter argument this morning? Care to put your big boy pants on and come up with one? That's what adults do.
DarkestHour00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 01:04 PM   #50
bub64882
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,354
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkestHour00 View Post
Couldn't find a good counter argument this morning? Care to put your big boy pants on and come up with one? That's what adults do.
To what? The rantings of a madman?
bub64882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 01:04 PM   #51
Phoenix1985
Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkestHour00 View Post
Couldn't find a good counter argument this morning? Care to put your big boy pants on and come up with one? That's what adults do.
Only when the person they're talking to is not mentally ill or just posting screeds they copied from an MRA forum.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintBlitzkrieg View Post
Also, Telltale signed with xbox, with fear that if they released Jurassic Park on the PS3, the dinosaurs would get loose.
Phoenix1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 01:24 PM   #52
DarkestHour00
Subscriber
 
DarkestHour00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by bub64882 View Post
To what? The rantings of a madman?
Also @ Phoenix1985

Point out where he is wrong & why. That's how you win the war of ideas, not by using insults.

I would love if either of you would point out why you think he's wrong. Not just a blanket "he's CRAZZZZZZZZY".

Calling someone a "trigger word" seems to be the go-to thing instead of debating.
DarkestHour00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 01:38 PM   #53
Phoenix1985
Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkestHour00 View Post
Also @ Phoenix1985

Point out where he is wrong & why. That's how you win the war of ideas, not by using insults.

I would love if either of you would point out why you think he's wrong. Not just a blanket "he's CRAZZZZZZZZY".

Calling someone a "trigger word" seems to be the go-to thing instead of debating.
I'm not insulting him (other than possibly calling him lazy for posting a lot of somebody else's ideas). Not engaging the mentally ill is the only way to have a reasoned debate elsewhere. If he isn't ill, he's just throwing out long rants like he was trying to imitate Ayn Rand. There's no point in trying to counter that person because either they don't give a shit about an argument and are just ranting for the sake of it (or are unwilling to engage in the debate as presented) or are so sick the argument only exists as a form of expression for their very broken state, so it will go on ad nauseam.

Edit: To clarify: I'm not simply saying he's mentally ill for presenting a strange idea. I'm saying: Look at the way he writes, in the context of how he writes it and in what amount he writes it and you'll come to the same conclusion, most likely.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintBlitzkrieg View Post
Also, Telltale signed with xbox, with fear that if they released Jurassic Park on the PS3, the dinosaurs would get loose.

Last edited by Phoenix1985; 08-23-2017 at 01:40 PM.. Reason: Additional clarification.
Phoenix1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 02:12 PM   #54
ministryofwrath
Evil Dead
 
ministryofwrath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 336
I'm not MRA.

second these are facts not ideas or concepts.


observing objective reality is anything but lazy, what is lazy is coming up with a entire belief system that is dependent on years of confusion and lies while refusing objective reality and facts, and even farther trying to get them and anyone to speaks about them shamed, banned or arrested.


Observe my text craft, because one day you might have to actually mold a concept without depending on the belittlement of someone to prove a point.


I am cynical and have warped humor, if you can't comprehend that perhaps you should stop throwing around the mentally ill card so easily.

Besides, the mentally ill are a minority, I thought you people got off on protecting the innocent minorities from the evil snowflake oppressors.
ministryofwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 04:13 PM   #55
Grumsh
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Alaska
Posts: 1,671
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
I'm inclined to agree with you there. But as with most of these discussions, where you might see "sjw", I see capitalism.

It's a myth that the gaming industry has "grown". That suggests that more people now are playing "games" than used to play games. In reality, the games industry has grown by becoming more populist. They, especially EA, know that they capture REAL people with REAL dollars by making bizarre watered down products that appeal to people who want to do a things with a controller in their hand that in no way resembles a video game. That is to say, there really are people out there who want to play Mass Effect mostly as a dating simulator. And when you are a company obsessed with growth, you are constantly obsessed with how to "convert" people into " gamers". I.e. "Customers". EA doesn't really care if they are making Video Games, or not.

So, yeah, gay dlc seems ridiculous to you and I who want an RPG. But the number of nerds who want an RPG is smaller than the potential number of people who knits want to play dress up and dating simulator.
I know this doesn't mean as much to most here on EvAv but sadly the board game industry is kind of heading this way now too. My hobbies I enjoy are getting homogenized. This sucks, death to dumbing things down! /soapbox
__________________
Clarkes 1st law

1:When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is probably wrong.
Grumsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 05:29 PM   #56
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Diego, California
Posts: 7,247
It's a shame when you hand over something precious to the "B" team and they ruin it beyond the point where you can recover.

I think the studio in charge was emboldened by the vitriol being shoveled by the anti-gamergate contingent and the fact that faction was apparently "on the right side of history" due to the amount of superficial support they were getting in the industry which was entirely contrary to all empirical data.

This allowed them to feel safe in allowing some of their staff free rein to shit post on twitter without repercussions, making politically correct hires rather than merit based hires, and encourage overloading the game with agenda based crud both subtle and glaring.

And that's before we even get to the technical issues.

Now the best thing to do is let the IP run fallow for a long while and let the stench wear off before picking it up again. The less said about Mass Effect from the Bioware and EA side in the next 5 years or so the better off they will be.

Then it had better be a game to entertain, not a game for preaching. For example if the same team were making the next version of ME today you can bet it would be about bigotry and supporting antifa agendas despite antifa being perceived more and more by people as a terrorist group (based on public comments by news, petitions, as well as politicians).

By the time the game came out it would be 3 years behind and insulting again because it would be supporting values which are no longer "on the right side of history". The movement would be laid bare as the terrorists they are and the people at Bioware Montreal or wherever who called everyone bigots and cursed them and wished and prayed for the death of entire populations who disagreed would be fired as scapegoats.

And so on and so on.

Just make a fucking game people.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 06:17 PM   #57
Mojopin
Evil Dead
 
Mojopin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: BEHIND YOU!!!
Posts: 843
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
EVERY TIME you enter a thread and respond to or about me...
Yeah, I'm sure you get a nice jerk out of it along with your kiddy porn. It's fun getting to chirp like a bird and respond even when it's a just picture and quote (ohhhhhhhhh so much time and effort on my part) to see what inane thing you'll come up with in response. I usually have you muted and never respond to your stupidity unless I read something that strikes me funny in something someone else posts. It always gives me a nice chuckle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
Who the hell are you again?
Just one of the many posters, that have been here longer than yourself, that can easily make you bark anytime I want. Good boy
Mojopin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 06:41 PM   #58
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Terran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 13,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedoPin
Yeah, I'm sure you get a nice jerk out of it along with your kiddy porn.
Continually thinking about raping children makes you a sick fuck. Using a SMILEY FACE on the topic makes you a member of the population who should remove himself from the gene pool, preferably with a sharp knife on your own nutsack.

Feel free to root around my posts on any thread you wish and then pretend you didn't come licking my feet for attention, pedopin.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
"...boys lining up outside a room to take a turn gang raping a woman?...I went to frat parties where shit like this was going down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 06:46 PM   #59
Mojopin
Evil Dead
 
Mojopin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: BEHIND YOU!!!
Posts: 843
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
Continually thinking about raping children makes you a sick fuck. Using a SMILEY FACE on the topic makes you a member of the population who should remove himself from the gene pool, preferably with a sharp knife on your own nutsack.

Feel free to root around my posts on any thread you wish and then pretend you didn't come licking my feet for attention, pedopin.
Triggered
Mojopin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 06:48 PM   #60
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Terran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 13,010
Thanks for the space in your head. Not much in there. I am, though.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
"...boys lining up outside a room to take a turn gang raping a woman?...I went to frat parties where shit like this was going down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bioware, ea games, mass effect andromeda

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:55 PM.