Last post by Chief Smash
Yesterday 08:22 AM
12 Replies, 619 Views

Old 03-31-2020, 07:44 PM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Campaign Remastered Now Available for PS4

Quote:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Campaign Remastered – Available Now on PlayStation 4

One of the most iconic, blockbuster video game story experiences in gaming entertainment history has returned. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Campaign Remastered, a complete enhancement of the critically-acclaimed single player experience, is available for purchase now, first on PlayStation 4 on the PlayStation Network, with other platforms available for pre-purchase. The game includes the full campaign with stunning high-definition visuals – up to 4K resolution and HDR support on console; and uncapped framerate as well as ultrawide monitor support on PC.

Published by Activision, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Campaign Remastered features improved texture resolution and detail, revamped animation, remastered audio, and much more.

In this famed experience, originally developed by Infinity Ward and now re-mastered by Beenox, players enlist as members of Task Force 141 and Tier 1 Operatives in a breathtaking series of missions to save the world from destruction. “Cliffhanger,” “Takedown, “No Russian,” and more all return in this intense story experience.

“Modern Warfare 2 campaign was incredible. We all remember the lasting impression the story left upon us. This campaign was very special and we thank Infinity Ward for creating such an amazing experience,” said Thomas Wilson, co-studio head, Beenox. “Restoring and remastering this campaign for a new generation of players was a labor of love for our team. We wanted to make sure that the feelings and power of the story was accurately represented with full high-definition visuals and the latest audio fidelity.”

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Campaign Remastered is available now on PlayStation network. Players who purchase will also receive, free with purchase, Underwater Demo Team Classic Ghost Bundle for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare including the UDT Ghost Operator skin inspired by the ‘The Only Easy Day…Was Yesterday’ campaign level that featured an action-packed hostage rescue attempt from an oil rig in in the arctic. Alongside the Ghost Operator skin, players will also receive two weapon blueprints, a weapon charm, new finishing move, voice quip, animated calling card, emblem and two Battle Pass tier skips all for immediate access in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and the recently released Call of Duty: Warzone*.

Players can pre-purchase Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Campaign Remastered for other platforms and receive the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Underwater Demo Team Classic Ghost Bundle with the UDT Ghost Operator skin instantly for play*.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Campaign Remastered is published by Activision, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard. For the most up to date information on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Campaign Remastered, check out the Activision Games Blog at blog.activision.com/call-of-duty.
Launches April 30 for Xbox One and PC.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 07:44 PM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 06:04 AM   #3
Wolfgang
Evil Dead

Shame they had to leave this tied to PS4 for 30 days during this stay at home stuff. I would have enjoyed getting this on my PC. I still might, but I certainly would have bought it today if it were available to play today on PC.
Wolfgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 04:48 AM   #4
karaliusbronius
Evil Dead

MW2 multiplayer and SpecOps is what I want, not the campaign.
karaliusbronius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 07:47 PM   #5
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgang View Post
Shame they had to leave this tied to PS4 for 30 days during this stay at home stuff. I would have enjoyed getting this on my PC. I still might, but I certainly would have bought it today if it were available to play today on PC.
Hasn't Modern Warfare 2 been available on the PC since 2009? LOL.
Old 04-03-2020, 05:57 AM   #6
Chief Smash
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
Hasn't Modern Warfare 2 been available on the PC since 2009? LOL.
It is but it's pretty buggy on modern Windows and displays. It still looks good and I think you can mod it enough to get it looking even better. But I'd prefer they just remaster MW2 multiplayer on he consoles so I could try and get my old crew back into it. Those maps... man they were great.
Chief Smash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 12:31 PM   #7
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
It is but it's pretty buggy on modern Windows and displays. It still looks good and I think you can mod it enough to get it looking even better. But I'd prefer they just remaster MW2 multiplayer on he consoles so I could try and get my old crew back into it. Those maps... man they were great.
The reason they're not including multiplayer is because they're using the Modern Warfare 2019 reboot as a base for what they do going forward with MP. Many of MW2's maps are going to be ported over.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 02:18 PM   #8
Chief Smash
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
The reason they're not including multiplayer is because they're using the Modern Warfare 2019 reboot as a base for what they do going forward with MP. Many of MW2's maps are going to be ported over.
Yeah I saw that. Makes me wonder if there will be a MW2 playlist I can limit my matchmaking to.
Chief Smash is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
modern warfare 2