Last post by vallor
Yesterday 04:14 PM
3 Replies, 249 Views

Old 01-18-2018, 12:24 PM   #41
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
So does the game teach you how to make things without the kit or is it a plastic bag accessory kit of cheap corrugate?
They come with instructions and appear to be fairly complicated; the keyboard, for example, will probably take a good couple of hours to assemble.

Instructions are included.
Old 01-18-2018, 01:13 PM   #42
ashikenshin
Subscriber

meanwhile...

ashikenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 01:19 PM   #43
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashikenshin View Post
meanwhile...

Xbox has been pretty vocal about the fact that they are rebuilding. They will have a big E3 this year, I guarantee it.

They are going to have first party Scorpio games that are going to be be best-in-industry in terms of graphics and that’s going to play big for those people who get giddy over that nonsense.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 02:30 PM   #44
Hellstorm
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
So does Nintendo cut you a check for shilling for them? Or does Reggie just fuck you in the ass as payment?
Both actually. Doesn't Sony and MS spit roast you too??
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front
Hellstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 05:46 PM   #45
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellstorm View Post
Both actually. Doesn't Sony and MS spit roast you too??
Not really since I give both sony and MS as much shit as Nintendo. Try again shill.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 11:44 PM   #46
mojo_x
Soul Reaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
Xbox has been pretty vocal about the fact that they are rebuilding. They will have a big E3 this year, I guarantee it.

They are going to have first party Scorpio games that are going to be be best-in-industry in terms of graphics and that’s going to play big for those people who get giddy over that nonsense.
*puts hand up*

On topic: This looks really cool. The pricing is completely off but if I had kids (thank the maker that I don't), I'd love constructing & colouring these toys with them. I have no doubt that there will be a thousand and one custom creations on the internet shortly after release too.
mojo_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 01:18 AM   #47
Rommel
International Playboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashikenshin View Post
Paying top dollar for cardboard.
It's actually a poor material choice right now. Corrugate prices spiked last year in China, leading to shortages that persist to this day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
Innovative idea, wrong construction materials. These will last about a day before the cardboard rips and breaks.
Paperboard might be more desirable, especially printed with a UV coating. I dislike touching corrugate. You'd have to use the print to connect the pieces, however, since the material scores poorly and is terrible for mock up-style creations.
drive into the daughter's womb proper, fill the uterus with the dick snot
Quote:
Originally Posted by screwyluie View Post
Rommel gave the right answer
*Not in context
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 01:48 AM   #48
Juan
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
Xbox has been pretty vocal about the fact that they are rebuilding.
Errr no. Microsoft has had their head in the sand for the past few years. At no point have they acknowledged the fact that they have no games and their platform is dying nor have they ever said they are rebuilding. All they have said for the past 12 months is 'MOST POWERFUL CONSOLE!' over and over and over again.
Juan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 07:51 AM   #49
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan View Post
Errr no. Microsoft has had their head in the sand for the past few years. At no point have they acknowledged the fact that they have no games and their platform is dying nor have they ever said they are rebuilding. All they have said for the past 12 months is 'MOST POWERFUL CONSOLE!' over and over and over again.
Well, technically they indirectly acknowledged that their sales numbers aren't where they want them to be by deciding not to report their Xbox console sales numbers anymore

I personally don't get it. I think they were banking on having a better service or a better box in their mind, and thought that would win the day. They figured - sure we'll have all of the same 3rd party titles as the PS4, but our box/services will be seen as better, and that'll be the edge.

Only it wasn't - because quality exclusives, software, you know, great games exclusively to your console are going to drive console sales.

I have no reason to buy an Xbox, and so I haven't. The one and only singular game I'm interested in is Forza Horizon 3. I can buy that for my PC!

If I buy a PS4, I'm going to get all kinds of exclusives I want to play. If I buy a Switch, I'm going to get all kinds of exclusives I want to play. The reasons to buy those consoles are clear. With Xbox's only worthy titles playable on PC, I just don't need another box sitting in my living room.

And "da most powerful console evarr" is not worth the price of admission for me either, because again, it's all about the games.

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 08:19 AM   #50
Scherge
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
And "da most powerful console evarr" is not worth the price of admission for me either, because again, it's all about the games.
Not to derail this thread, but the price of admission right now is - quite often and not limited to Black Friday deals - 219 euros for a 1 Terabyte Xbox One S including "Forza Horizon 3" and the Hot Wheels DLC (or "Assassin's Creed: Origins", or "Shadow of War")*. I'd say the price is a selling point in itself. Sure, there may not be that many exclusives (if you are a PC gamer - otherwise, there are several), but at less than 200 euros, you're getting the quietest current-gen console with arguably the best racing games and controller, as well as a 4K Blu-ray player.

With all the (somewhat justified) bad word of mouth flying around, I'm not surprised that Microsoft can't catch a break, but deep down, I'm still disappointed that the Apple effect is now also affecting consoles...

*) There was also a limited "Minecraft" XB1S at that price. I nearly broke down and got it myself, but fortunately, it was an exclusive offer for Amazon Prime subscribers at the time. I'm still waiting for the X to come down to a reasonable price...
Old 01-19-2018, 02:49 PM   #51
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post

If I buy a PS4, I'm going to get all kinds of exclusives I want to play. If I buy a Switch, I'm going to get all kinds of exclusives I want to play. The reasons to buy those consoles are clear. With Xbox's only worthy titles playable on PC, I just don't need another box sitting in my living room.

Mine hasn't been turned on in months, and even then it was for an hour to find out Forza 7 sucked, i will never turn it on again unless its to hack it. Im not trying to shit on Xbone fans, if you like it, it does the job. But its completely redundant. MS though, they can die in hell, i want them out of video games now.

But yeah, the cardboard gimmick is making me cringe for Nintendo. I guess we will see. Why not just make the shit out of plastic?
Old 01-21-2018, 08:46 AM   #52
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post
Mine hasn't been turned on in months, and even then it was for an hour to find out Forza 7 sucked, i will never turn it on again unless its to hack it. Im not trying to shit on Xbone fans, if you like it, it does the job. But its completely redundant. MS though, they can die in hell, i want them out of video games now.

But yeah, the cardboard gimmick is making me cringe for Nintendo. I guess we will see. Why not just make the shit out of plastic?
Well, I think it's for kids. And with the maker/hobbyist stuff really taking off, I think the idea is right. Cardboard? I don't know. We'll have to see how it holds up once it's in the hands of consumers. They are selling replacement parts at least, but some of the stuff looked like it would be really fun to put together with your kids. This is for kids and parents with kids 100%. It's not for the 25 year old "hardcore gamer".

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Old 01-21-2018, 09:01 AM   #53
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scherge View Post
Not to derail this thread, but the price of admission right now is - quite often and not limited to Black Friday deals - 219 euros for a 1 Terabyte Xbox One S including "Forza Horizon 3" and the Hot Wheels DLC (or "Assassin's Creed: Origins", or "Shadow of War")*. I'd say the price is a selling point in itself. Sure, there may not be that many exclusives (if you are a PC gamer - otherwise, there are several), but at less than 200 euros, you're getting the quietest current-gen console with arguably the best racing games and controller, as well as a 4K Blu-ray player.

With all the (somewhat justified) bad word of mouth flying around, I'm not surprised that Microsoft can't catch a break, but deep down, I'm still disappointed that the Apple effect is now also affecting consoles...

*) There was also a limited "Minecraft" XB1S at that price. I nearly broke down and got it myself, but fortunately, it was an exclusive offer for Amazon Prime subscribers at the time. I'm still waiting for the X to come down to a reasonable price...
I think the Xbox One S IS a good value for a console. I won't argue there. I just can't find a reason for myself to want one. I have a respectable PC, so if I'm going to plunk down any amount of money on a console I've got to be seeing games that I really want that I can't get elsewhere. It's just not for me. I love racing games. It's one of my favorite genres. But again, FH3 is on PC.

It's the Xbox One X that I really don't understand yet. Maybe some great exclusives are on the way, but until then, again, there's just absolutely 0 reason for me personally anyway.

In many respects I think the Xbox One and the Xbox One X are better from a hardware and service perspective than the PS4 and PS4 Pro. I felt that way during the 360/PS3 days as well. MS makes great hardware for the most part (minus the RRoD), but Sony is trouncing MS in the console space because of quality exclusives, IMO.

Nintendo comes along and does a Nintendo thing and makes a hybrid console. If it had middling quality games it wouldn't be selling like it is, but they hit two grand slams and a small handful of home runs with their exclusives and got a respectable exclusive library going in their first 10 months. That's the reason it's selling. It's always about the games. The portable functionality alone, I just don't think it would sell without great games. Even if it had a bunch of great 3rd party ports that you could suddenly play completely mobile. The Wii-U had a really awesome utility feature at the time. The ability to play games off-screen was handy as hell in the livingroom with a shared TV. No one gave a shit though, because there was just nothing there for a long time as far as top level exclusives go. It took 4 years for the Wii U to have a semi-respectable library of exclusives (almost all of them 1st party) and by then it was way too late - the console was dead in the water.

I don't know. I don't want to needlessly crap on MS and their console line. I loved my 360. Just personally, I don't have a reason to buy either of their current consoles because I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything on the games front. I'm sure the hardware is fantastic for the price. But the hardware is there to play games.

Tags
build, craft, games, inspire, labo, learn, nintendo, switch, video