Today 12:28 PM
19 Replies, 1,247 Views

Old 01-16-2018, 06:45 AM   #1
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

The Bosses Of Quantic Dream Are Accused Of Inappropriate Behavior

Via Business Insider

Quote:
Reports from a number of French publications (which we saw via Eurogamer) have made serious allegations about a reportedly "unhealthy studio culture" at Quantic Dream, a game development studio that primarily focuses on titles for Sony's PlayStation.

Some anonymous staff members mentioned the two studio heads in particular, David Cage and Guillaume de Fondaumière, and accused them of "inappropriate behaviour, overworking staff and colluding in — or at least turning a blind eye to — a schoolboy culture involving sexist and racist jokes," Eurogamer reported.

"The most shocking [images] present Quantic Dream's collaborators in sexual positions, adorned with homophobic or sexist slurs, or even made up to look like Nazis," said Le Monde's report, as translated by Eurogamer.

The original reports say that a collection of around 600 of these images were circulated in internal emails, with Cage and de Foundaumière as recipients. Cage in particular is described as a hard person to work with; he's somewhat ironically referred to as "Papa," "Sun King," and even "God" internally, the reports said.
BeardedSonOfNel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 07:04 AM   #2
ministryofwrath
Evil Dead

Sounds like someone has hurt feelings and no victim card to play.
ministryofwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 07:17 AM   #3
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Some of this sounds strange but I think complaints like this from Frenchies with a grain of salt.

I worked with a French studio once and one of the producers decided they didn't want to work any more. She just stopped showing up but the company had to keep paying her. Eventually after something like 4 months of dereliction of duty they were able to move to dismiss her but only after they had to give her a big payday.

See, they had asked her to work more than 45 hours one week and at the time 36 hours was the maximum amount of time France felt was humane for a full work week. So she agreed to leave (so they could replace her) but only if they gave her a nice fat separation package otherwise the government could have gotten involved and it would have gotten really messy...
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 07:17 AM   #4
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
"You want to talk about homophobia?" Cage reportedly said. "I work with Ellen Page, who fights for LGBT rights. You want to talk about racism? I work with Jesse Williams, who fights for civil rights in the USA ... Judge me by my work."
Saying, "I can't be racist/homophobic because I've worked with a lesbian and know a black dude" is a horrifically inept "defense". Regardless of his guilt or innocence, he's using his casting choices as a shield, which is just goddamned stupid.
Old 01-16-2018, 07:46 AM   #5
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
Some of this sounds strange but I think complaints like this from Frenchies with a grain of salt.

I worked with a French studio once and one of the producers decided they didn't want to work any more. She just stopped showing up but the company had to keep paying her. Eventually after something like 4 months of dereliction of duty they were able to move to dismiss her but only after they had to give her a big payday.

See, they had asked her to work more than 45 hours one week and at the time 36 hours was the maximum amount of time France felt was humane for a full work week. So she agreed to leave (so they could replace her) but only if they gave her a nice fat separation package otherwise the government could have gotten involved and it would have gotten really messy...
Good God euros are such pansies. 36 hour max work hours a week.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 08:04 AM   #6
92miata
Evil Dead

I don't know. If it was up to me I would work 2 days and take off 5 every week. Whoever set up 40 hours a week for working didn't like/enjoy life much obviously. 16 hour work week sounds much better to me.
92miata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 08:18 AM   #7
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Good God euros are such pansies. 36 hour max work hours a week.
The futurist vision of the American work week back in the 1930's was a mere 15 hours. While there are many reasons behind why this never happened, the notion of a shorter work week isn't really a bad thing.
Old 01-16-2018, 08:27 AM   #8
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92miata View Post
I don't know. If it was up to me I would work 2 days and take off 5 every week. Whoever set up 40 hours a week for working didn't like/enjoy life much obviously. 16 hour work week sounds much better to me.
Sure and good luck not being homeless and pennyless in doing so.
Old 01-16-2018, 09:16 AM   #9
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
The futurist vision of the American work week back in the 1930's was a mere 15 hours. While there are many reasons behind why this never happened, the notion of a shorter work week isn't really a bad thing.
Yeah and a loaf of bread was about a quarter in those days, hardly comparable to what inflation and the useless government has done to make currency worthless pretty much.
Old 01-16-2018, 09:30 AM   #10
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Yeah and a loaf of bread was about a quarter in those days, hardly comparable to what inflation and the useless government has done to make currency worthless pretty much.
Well, you can thank the Federal Reserve (not part of the federal government) for the massive inflation. For several reasons, but including the fractional reserve banking practice.

"Flew too high and burnt the wing"
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 09:57 AM   #11
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Walter Cronkite told viewers in 1967 that by the year 2000, the work week would be around 30 hours. The very same year, political scientists were theorizing that the work week could be as low as 16 hours by 2020. Two years later, it was considered to be plausible that the work week would eventually be 30 hours.

For decades, the goal or dream has been to shorten our work week. It's just something that never panned out, arguably in part because of the things you mentioned earlier.

Last edited by Chimpbot; 01-16-2018 at 01:07 PM..
Chimpbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 12:32 PM   #12
brandonjclark
Subscriber

At some point people are going to just stop hiring women.
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 02:43 PM   #13
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjclark View Post
At some point people are going to just stop hiring women.
This.

I mean, MeToo.

Giving people more of their own money...WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS? :D
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 04:55 PM   #14
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
Walter Cronkite told viewers in 1967 that by the year 2000, the work week would be around 30 hours. The very same year, political scientists were theorizing that the work week could be as low as 16 hours by 2020. Two years later, it was considered to be plausible that the work week would eventually be 30 hours.

For decades, the goal or dream has been to shorten our work week. It's just something that never panned out, arguably in part because of the things you mentioned earlier.
Blame the fed and the zionists jews for why things are the way they are.
Old 01-17-2018, 03:56 PM   #15
blackzc
Evil Dead

Sexism, racism, overworking, nazi lapring? Sounds like my kinda crowd.

Too bad they are prolly hipster beard having, gaping mouth pic taking global-homo-ist. Maybe one of them can come to EA and clear things up.

Quote:
Blame the fed and the zionists jews for why things are the way they are.
White flight is one hell of an economic motivator. Think of all the work we have put in as a country over the past 50 years trying to move to safe happy areas. Its ruined families and broken our society. You didn't go to college, come out with a 120K a year job and buy a MC Mansion in the burbs? Failure.

Now guess what? You get to live among a crime ridden populace, this is YOUR fault, failure. The cops arent here to make an area safe..thats monies job.
Old 01-17-2018, 10:02 PM   #16
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

I personally don't understand the line between " this needs to. E addressed on an official level" and " so just quit if you don't like it".

A lot of the whining I am hearing lately about work environments doesn't sound criminal, it just sounds like people I wouldn't want to hang out with. I work at a place like that now. So I don't hang out with the people. I work with them. Because they're my coworkers.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 10:07 PM   #17
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post
Sexism, racism, overworking, nazi lapring? Sounds like my kinda crowd.

Too bad they are prolly hipster beard having, gaping mouth pic taking global-homo-ist. Maybe one of them can come to EA and clear things up.

White flight is one hell of an economic motivator. Think of all the work we have put in as a country over the past 50 years trying to move to safe happy areas. Its ruined families and broken our society. You didn't go to college, come out with a 120K a year job and buy a MC Mansion in the burbs? Failure.

Now guess what? You get to live among a crime ridden populace, this is YOUR fault, failure. The cops arent here to make an area safe..thats monies job.
Yeah we know your view, blacks are the root of all the worlds problems, seriously dude you're a fucking racist moron.
Old 01-17-2018, 10:12 PM   #18
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
I personally don't understand the line between " this needs to. E addressed on an official level" and " so just quit if you don't like it".

A lot of the whining I am hearing lately about work environments doesn't sound criminal, it just sounds like people I wouldn't want to hang out with. I work at a place like that now. So I don't hang out with the people. I work with them. Because they're my coworkers.
So basically you work with conservatives is what you're saying and wouldn't consider them friends for not sharing your liberal views. Seems legit.
Old 01-17-2018, 10:23 PM   #19
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

I'm still chasing that 120K job. I'm almost 80% there though. Only took 18 dang years out of college. Maybe I can reach 120K before I retire. Sigh. I guess that's what I get for only having ONE job since college.
Old 01-18-2018, 01:42 AM   #20
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

Quote:
So basically you work with conservatives is what you're saying and wouldn't consider them friends for not sharing your liberal views. Seems legit.
Pretty much everything you say makes you sound more and more stupid. Especially when it’s a complete non sequester like this. I hope your entertaining yourself, because publicly you just look like a jackass who can’t see beyond your myopic cartoon of a political worldview.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quantic dream