Last post by BeardedSonOfNel
Today 05:01 AM
26 Replies, 968 Views

Old 08-20-2019, 05:56 PM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Woah. 4th Matrix Film in Development starring Keanu Reeves

Quote:
Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Anne Moss and Lana Wachowski, co-creator and director of the The Matrix, are returning to the fold for a fourth installment of the seminal action franchise. Wachowski is set to write, helm and produce the new feature project, with Reeves and Moss reprising their respective roles as action heroes Neo and Trinity.

Warner Bros. will once again team with Village Roadshow for the project. “We could not be more excited to be re-entering The Matrix with Lana,” Warner Bros. Pictures Group chairman Toby Emmerich said Tuesday in a statement. “Lana is a true visionary — a singular and original creative filmmaker — and we are thrilled that she is writing, directing and producing this new chapter in The Matrix universe.”

"Many of the ideas Lilly [Wachowski, Lana's sister] and I explored 20 years ago about our reality are even more relevant now,” said Wachowski. “I’m very happy to have these characters back in my life and grateful for another chance to work with my brilliant friends.”

Wachowski is producing the film together with Grant Hill. The screenplay is by Wachowski, Aleksandar Hemon and David Mitchell.

The Matrix, written and directed by the Wachowskis, was released in 1999 and was seen as revolutionary in its idea of reality, metaphors in anti-authority and, of course, action scenes that introduced “bullet time.” The initial movie was not just a box office smash but a critical hit and was followed by two sequels, 2003's The Matrix Reloaded and The Matrix Revolutions. While those movies also raked it in at the box office, it was diminishing returns for audience loyalty and reception.
THR.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 06:12 PM   #2
actusoul
Evil Dead

This made my day. It will be interesting to see what this will be about. I am watching the matrix with my daughter tonight. She has not seen the matrix, scarface, or pulp fiction. We are having mandatory movie nights over the next three weeks. She has no idea.
actusoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 06:16 PM   #3
Terran
Evil Dead

A part of me wants more of this, and I really love Reeves as an actor, but each of these three films have become progressively more bizarre, like descending further into a bad trip. The first is a classic. The rest are just...not.

Maybe they can break the progression, lol. Maybe. I recommend Benioff and Weiss. I hear they're available now that Game of Thrones has flop...uh, I mean, finished.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 06:50 PM   #4
Inkabodcrane
Evil Dead

The Matrix is awesome, amazing. Aside from that and V for Vendetta, the Wachowskis have consistently disappointed. The Matrix sequels got worse with each release. Cloud Atlas. Jupiter Ascending. Sense8.

I will hope for the best, but I can't get overly excited. Maybe having Keanu and Trinity will help?

Go Against the Flow.
Inkabodcrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 06:53 PM   #5
Sensei-X
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
A part of me wants more of this, and I really love Reeves as an actor, but each of these three films have become progressively more bizarre, like descending further into a bad trip. The first is a classic. The rest are just...not.

Maybe they can break the progression, lol. Maybe. I recommend Benioff and Weiss. I hear they're available now that Game of Thrones has flop...uh, I mean, finished.
It has been mentioned that Reloaded and Revolutions are not really direct sequels to the original Matrix, and therefore a 4th movie wouldn't necessarily need to even acknowledge the 2nd and 3rd films. It could be treated as a third revision of the Matrix universe. Heck, it might even be called Matrix: Revisions. I am glad to hear that they are only planning one movie, they have at least learned that from the last two movies where they probably could've made a single coherent movie but forced the material across two movies. Forcing us to endure painful nonsense like Neo discussing love being just a word in a subway station for way longer than was necessary, and the pointless panning camera across a rave scene.
Old 08-20-2019, 10:00 PM   #6
ministryofwrath
Evil Dead

Seeing as they've said 7 "one" existed before neo, they could have another timeline and make it new story.

And for the love of god, don't go SJW and have neo telling trinity how the one was always her, and he only borrowed her power through LOVE.

And then we watch neo die as trinity realizes she must destroy the matrix with her new found feminist powers.
ministryofwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 11:01 PM   #7
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensei-X View Post
It has been mentioned that Reloaded and Revolutions are not really direct sequels to the original Matrix
I am so tired of movie creators retconning themselves after bad audience reception and disavowing themselves of their work. These movies are theirs to own just as if they would have owned them if they were considered masterpieces.

Just like all the Aliens movies and Highlander movies would be canon if they weren't all so shitty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran
I recommend Benioff and Weiss. I hear they're available now that Game of Thrones has flop...uh, I mean, finished.
Nope, they are off to ruin Star Wars some more, as if Rian Johnson hadn't done enough damage I guess there's still a deathblow to strike and they are just the team to do it.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 11:25 PM   #8
Azzy
Cthulian

Even if this is a dumpster fire and the dumpster is full of babies covered in bird poop, I'm going to go see it in the theater.
If it's terrible it's going to bring to the surface every. Single. Thing. I disliked about the last two, and I will talk about it for weeks.
I have zero expectations that this will be anything but a cash grab and a walk down memory lane (for the stars) but I'm going to throw down anyways.
Ungh. It's like answering a phone call from a girl you broke up with two weeks ago. Either she wants to make you feel terrible or she wants to bang.
Azzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 12:53 AM   #9
excalibur1814
Evil Dead

BG:
"All of it happened before and all of it will happen again. "

It could be a NEW matrix and, of course, Neo returns as he is, after all, just a robot made baby/human.
excalibur1814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 01:03 AM   #10
Juan
Evil Dead

First movie was good but not a classic. Second and third movies were garbage.
Juan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 02:34 AM   #11
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

The Animatrix shorts were cool. Make more of those instead.

Last edited by Mad Max RW; 08-21-2019 at 04:24 AM..
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 03:04 AM   #12
ministryofwrath
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max RW View Post
The Amimatrix shorts were cool. Make more of those instead.
Wouldn't mind a full CG movie.

most of it will be CG anyway hah
ministryofwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 05:53 AM   #13
Ghostblaze
Evil Dead

First Matrix was a good movie. Everything after was trash.
Ghostblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 07:37 AM   #14
thatlukeguy
Evil Dead

For me the first movie was very much a classic. After watching it I suddenly realized what kind of amazing effects were possible on a movie screen (the slow-mo camera circling, etc). Blew me away at the time.
thatlukeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 09:16 AM   #15
actusoul
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
Even if this is a dumpster fire and the dumpster is full of babies covered in bird poop, I'm going to go see it in the theater.
If it's terrible it's going to bring to the surface every. Single. Thing. I disliked about the last two, and I will talk about it for weeks.
I have zero expectations that this will be anything but a cash grab and a walk down memory lane (for the stars) but I'm going to throw down anyways.
Ungh. It's like answering a phone call from a girl you broke up with two weeks ago. Either she wants to make you feel terrible or she wants to bang.
I will take my chances and answer the call just in case its for the BANG. See you at the theater.
Old 08-21-2019, 09:19 AM   #16
actusoul
Evil Dead

I am dumbfounded that anyone would say that the first Matrix is not a classic. I saw it in the theater. It was unbelievable and the buzz was incredible. I remember walking out of the theater stunned. The concept, special effects, sound, etc. I know people who bought surround sound systems just to watch the movie at home.
Old 08-21-2019, 10:06 AM   #17
Misanthropist
Evil Dead

maybe it is a bit of a generation gap, or just lower standards, First one is a classic (even my mother thought was great) i loved the second matrix - the ghosts were great bad guys... and the third was less lovable but still badass.
Misanthropist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 10:11 AM   #18
brandonjclark
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by actusoul View Post
I am dumbfounded that anyone would say that the first Matrix is not a classic. I saw it in the theater. It was unbelievable and the buzz was incredible. I remember walking out of the theater stunned. The concept, special effects, sound, etc. I know people who bought surround sound systems just to watch the movie at home.
It was groundbreaking.
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 10:25 AM   #19
davidj.dk
Evil Dead

this is probably going to be the wokest shit you've ever seen.

The matrix - rewokeness

I worry
davidj.dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 12:00 PM   #20
brandonjclark
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidj.dk View Post
this is probably going to be the wokest shit you've ever seen.

The matrix - rewokeness

I worry
Neo comes back as a tranny pre-transition, but wearing Trinity's tits and skin suit.

Agent Smith has replicated himself again, but this time the clones are actually gender-less programs that carry picket signs.

Morpheus is now an aging grandmother, espousing Communism as the only means of survival in Zion.

Oh gawd, I could see it now.
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
the matrix 4