Weekend Headbanger -...
Last post by MusicToEat
Yesterday 02:55 PM
11 Replies, 655 Views

Old 05-03-2018, 07:32 AM   #1
Chief Smash
Evil Dead

The Boy Scouts, now with less "Boy"

Maybe this isn't a topic isn't of interest to many/any of you but I thought it deserved its own thread. I care because my sons are both in scouts and part of the reason my wife and I wanted them there was because we feel that boys need the example of true self-sacrificing and rugged masculinity now more than ever. As their dad, I try to provide this example but more outlets for this are, of course, good. Sadly, the BSA have been weakening on this front for a long time now but most noticeably over the past year or so. First they caved on openly gay scouts, then openly gay scout leaders, then allowing girls into the ranks, and now changing the name. These are all things that they proclaimed they would not do at some point in the past but they caved on each.

Now I hear things like "Oh what difference does it make? They'll be in separate troops!" But I think we all know that this won't last long. The BSA council has caved on everything thus far. They will cave on this too. And why does it matter if girls mix with guys? Of course that's fine but men will act different when women are around. If the goal is to grow boys into men, it's far more effective to do so when they aren't concentrating on the girls around them. Sometimes they need their own space to be men (just as women need their own space.) I've posted this analogy before but it's appropriate here.
The Tree House Effect:
Two boys are playing a game in a tree house they built. A little girl comes to the base of the tree house and asks to be let inside so she can play too. The boys say "no." The girl goes and gets dad and he yells at the boys saying that they have to let her in. So the boys let the little girl in. Once she's there, the little girl says "I don't like this game. Let's play something else."
There are two points there. It's not just that the girl's presence changed the dynamic in the tree house. It's also that they built the tree house and made it something desirable in the first place. I see people saying that girls should be let into Boy Scouts because the Boy Scouts offer things that Girl Scouting does not, especially Eagle. There's no magic regarding Eagle Scout though. It's desirable because it was built up to be so over the last century. You can't force people to respect you more by asking daddy to let you in the tree house. You build your own tree house and make it a place where people want to be. Now it's not a perfect analogy of course but our culture is full of people who think that they have a right to the good things that other people have built or own. It's so pervasive that it looks like basic fairness to many people. And these people never learn their lesson because these assaults are never turned around on them. For the most part, men don't want to be part of women's spaces (the locker room doesn't count.) Boys don't want to join Girl Scouts etc. So, in cases like this, the girls never have to experience having their own space taken away from them. Basically, the lesson learned here is "What's yours is mine and what's mine is mine."
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 11:56 AM   #2
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

It makes me a little sad. To me it is just another example of how progressives - I wont even single out females - can't (or won't) stand on their own. Rather than morph the Girl Scouts to be more than a cookie selling organization and be competitive with the Boy Scouts, or they were too lazy to do so so they decided to take it over instead under the guise of equality.

The value of having your own space can't be underestimated, just look at how hard women will fight for preserving their women only spaces (like women only gym times, offices, and so on; I'd link but I'm on my laptop and it's a pain in the ass).

GENERALLY SPEAKING:
Boy Scouts, in particular, comes along during a very formative time in a males life when they need an outlet for growth for changes in their life brought on by puberty and what was, back in the day, adulthood (remember the Boy Scouts have been around for over a century and 16 was a man way back when); when they should be learning the rites of what it means to be a man, survival, service to others, brotherhood, and self-sufficiency embodied in the merit badges they earn.

There's no reason a girl shouldn't be able to take pride in the same achievements however they, biologically and sociologically, don't need the same outlet of channeling aggression and self-sufficiency the same way boys do at that time.

For the record I was a Cub Scout (+Webelo) and Boy Scout though I never made Eagle.
vallor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 01:20 PM   #3
Terran
Evil Dead

The Boy Scouts died before this decision; now they're just posing the corpse for politically correct display. Apparently the only people allowed to have their own space in modern society are progressive-approved groups, which are naturally free to segregate themselves and deny access to progressive-unapproved groups. Because progressivism. Once they decide to infect a host, they spread their diseased ideology until they destroy it.

Leave the rotting corpse of the scouts behind and try an alternative such as Trail Life USA. You'll thank me later!

Giving people more of their own money...WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS? :D
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 02:58 PM   #4
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
So, in cases like this, the girls never have to experience having their own space taken away from them. Basically, the lesson learned here is "What's yours is mine and what's mine is mine."
Yup. You will be made to care. To the modern Left, it's not enough to be able to do something yourself -- you must force others to as well. It's just another example of their "bake the cake" actions.
VenomUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 05:05 PM   #5
brandonjclark
Subscriber

What made boy scouts great were all of the things that they once stood for, now gone.

One of my most proud moments as a kid was during a scout meeting of a large troop and receiving honors for completing the most tasks that month. Everyone was clapping and my parents were extremely proud.

It's too bad that the BSA didn't have a council willing to let it die (or at least contract) to hold on to it's values.

But then I think, maybe those values were never that important and it was always about making money.

Another piece of childhood lost...

However, this can't and won't take away from the excellent work young scouts are doing on a daily basis, but it's yet another example of the deranged liberal.

They always want to destroy what they covet. It's the KEY SYNDROME of the Liberal Disease, based in fear.

"Well, THOSE people over THERE are enjoying life DIFFERENTLY than me! I've got to change that!"
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 06:20 PM   #6
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjclark View Post
What made boy scouts great were all of the things that they once stood for, now gone.

One of my most proud moments as a kid was during a scout meeting of a large troop and receiving honors for completing the most tasks that month. Everyone was clapping and my parents were extremely proud.

It's too bad that the BSA didn't have a council willing to let it die (or at least contract) to hold on to it's values.

But then I think, maybe those values were never that important and it was always about making money.

Another piece of childhood lost...

However, this can't and won't take away from the excellent work young scouts are doing on a daily basis, but it's yet another example of the deranged liberal.

They always want to destroy what they covet. It's the KEY SYNDROME of the Liberal Disease, based in fear.

"Well, THOSE people over THERE are enjoying life DIFFERENTLY than me! I've got to change that!"
But is there still all the rape?
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 06:56 PM   #7
Chief Smash
Evil Dead

It all comes down this:
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 04:09 PM   #8
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
It all comes down this:
Communism, plain and simple. Enough of this liberal bullshit.

They are coming after your white male patriarchy. When do you frilly fucks get the point and start calling this what it is?

INB4 Incels get teh NAZI label. They will not stop. Keep watching your movies and reading your comics, keep feeding something that wants you to die.