Evil Avatar  



Go Back   Evil Avatar > Daily Gaming News > News Items

» Sponsored Links


» Recent Threads
Liberals gone wild
Last post by blackzc
Today 12:02 AM
2,762 Replies, 352,548 Views
Sunset Overdrive Coming...
Last post by Primus
Yesterday 11:22 PM
5 Replies, 323 Views
Weekend Gamer: What are...
Last post by SpectralThundr
Yesterday 10:56 PM
7 Replies, 249 Views
Nexon's SINoALICE...
Last post by Exodus
Yesterday 07:13 PM
8 Replies, 330 Views
Sony is Skipping E3 2019
Last post by SpectralThundr
Yesterday 03:20 PM
13 Replies, 476 Views
Marvel's Stan Lee Series...
Last post by Terran
Yesterday 01:50 PM
45 Replies, 1,933 Views
Command & Conquer...
Last post by Chief Smash
Yesterday 08:17 AM
15 Replies, 1,110 Views
Disney's Dumbo Trailer...
Last post by Evil Avatar
Yesterday 08:14 AM
12 Replies, 948 Views
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2018, 08:18 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game
 
Evil Avatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 33,192
Blog Entries: 20
The Happytime Murders - Official Restricted Trailer


Quote:
No Sesame. All Street. THE HAPPYTIME MURDERS is a filthy comedy set in the seedy underbelly of Los Angeles where puppets and humans coexist. Two clashing detectives with a shared secret, one human (Melissa McCarthy) and one puppet, are forced to work together again to solve the brutal murders of the former cast of a beloved classic puppet television show.

Coming to Theaters August 17th, 2018
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 08:19 AM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game
 
Evil Avatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 33,192
Blog Entries: 20
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 08:19 AM   #3
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game
 
Evil Avatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 33,192
Blog Entries: 20
I laughed at the silly string scene. I'll probably go see this one even though I'm not a big Melissa McCarthy fan.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 08:23 AM   #4
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game
 
Evil Avatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 33,192
Blog Entries: 20
HaHa. Now I see why Frank Oz is crying like a little bitch on Twitter, this movie is written and directed by Brian Henson. Oz walked away from the Muppets and is reduced to begging for scraps on twitter and Henson is writing and directing feature films and a new Netflix series.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 08:44 AM   #5
Metal Jesus
Evil Dead
 
Metal Jesus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Seattle, Wa
Posts: 3,381
This has Sausage Party written all over it. Meaning, lots of LOLs on the internet before release... and then a soft thud upon release.
__________________
A Long Haired Metal Dude with an Unhealthy Passion for Video Games
www.YouTube.com/MetalJesusRocks
Metal Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 08:47 AM   #6
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist
 
Chimpbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Third Planet of the Black Hole
Posts: 8,460
Yeah...okay. I'll check this out. It's in line with some of the shit Jim Henson used to write when he was first creating the Muppets.
__________________
EvAv's Senior Godzillaologist
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front
Chimpbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 09:39 AM   #7
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Diego, California
Posts: 7,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Jesus View Post
This has Sausage Party written all over it. Meaning, lots of LOLs on the internet before release... and then a soft thud upon release.
Yeah, I think we may have seen some of the best scenes already. I doubt I'll see it in the theaters but it may have some entertainment value in RedBox.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 10:22 AM   #8
Chief Smash
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: CT - USA
Posts: 3,583
Wow... that looks terrible. It's like Who Framed Roger Rabbit except they took out the charm and added a bunch of porn and dick jokes.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 10:28 AM   #9
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 8,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
Yeah...okay. I'll check this out. It's in line with some of the shit Jim Henson used to write when he was first creating the Muppets.
I think this movie looks awful, but I do agree that ti captures something that The Muppet's hasn't had in decades. The original muppets were meant to be transgressive. But somehow society passed them by. I'm not sure what to do with that. When the Muppets were invented, they were a response to a culture where men having long hair was counter culture. It makes sense that they would fight that battle. But our society basically has NO standards or morals now. To keep trying to be transgressive against a society that has no morals or standards doesn't feel heroic, it feels outright evil. There's no point in a race to the bottom. There's no victory to be had.

It honestly reminds me of Warren Ellis seminal comic book Transmetropolitan. It was written in the mid-ninties, but it reads like prophesy. Instead of creating a vision of the future that was utopian or dystopian, Ellis basically just took all the weird, insane, nonsensical trends that exist in society and followed them all to their logical, if absurd conclusions. As a result, the book correctly predicts future culture by satirizing current culture. The televisions in the book are almost always tuned to a popular television program called "Sex Puppets".

JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 10:34 AM   #10
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game
 
Evil Avatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 33,192
Blog Entries: 20
I still hold onto my dream of one day producing a Muppet version of Night of the Living Dead.
__________________
I'm bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be than me.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 10:57 AM   #11
GinRummy
Evil Dead
 
GinRummy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Tampa
Posts: 396
Why are her sunglasses on so crooked in the poster? I'm guessing that her head is slightly tilted and so whoever photoshopped them on didn't know how to adjust the angle of a paste.
GinRummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 01:24 PM   #12
actusoul
Evil Dead
 
actusoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 860
I would usually agree that this is terrible but I liked it. I will be curious to see how it does at the box office but I will definitely rent it.
actusoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 01:50 PM   #13
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Terran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 12,931
This was one of the previews during Deadpool 2 and it was hilarious. I think the best laughs will probably get used up in the trailers, however. Not sure I'll bother with this one, and I could see it essentially for free...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
"...boys lining up outside a room to take a turn gang raping a woman?...I went to frat parties where shit like this was going down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 01:51 PM   #14
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 8,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by GinRummy View Post
Why are her sunglasses on so crooked in the poster? I'm guessing that her head is slightly tilted and so whoever photoshopped them on didn't know how to adjust the angle of a paste.
Thats it exactly.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 01:56 PM   #15
ministryofwrath
Evil Dead
 
ministryofwrath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 332
I went from MUST see to violently detesting this the instant I saw that creature portraying a human female as they exist in 2018.
ministryofwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 02:33 PM   #16
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist
 
Chimpbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Third Planet of the Black Hole
Posts: 8,460
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
I think this movie looks awful, but I do agree that ti captures something that The Muppet's hasn't had in decades. The original muppets were meant to be transgressive. But somehow society passed them by. I'm not sure what to do with that. When the Muppets were invented, they were a response to a culture where men having long hair was counter culture. It makes sense that they would fight that battle. But our society basically has NO standards or morals now. To keep trying to be transgressive against a society that has no morals or standards doesn't feel heroic, it feels outright evil. There's no point in a race to the bottom. There's no victory to be had.

It honestly reminds me of Warren Ellis seminal comic book Transmetropolitan. It was written in the mid-ninties, but it reads like prophesy. Instead of creating a vision of the future that was utopian or dystopian, Ellis basically just took all the weird, insane, nonsensical trends that exist in society and followed them all to their logical, if absurd conclusions. As a result, the book correctly predicts future culture by satirizing current culture. The televisions in the book are almost always tuned to a popular television program called "Sex Puppets".
Y'know...sometimes, it's just funny to see a puppet swear and tell dick jokes.
__________________
EvAv's Senior Godzillaologist
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front
Chimpbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 04:11 PM   #17
vivafletcher
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 490
I like dumb things. Really. But this looks like a random Family Guy cutaway that someone decided to make into a movie. They're not even trying.
It will probably make $200 million.
vivafletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 04:50 PM   #18
Chief Smash
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: CT - USA
Posts: 3,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivafletcher View Post
I like dumb things. Really. But this looks like a random Family Guy cutaway that someone decided to make into a movie. They're not even trying.
It will probably make $200 million.
This is one of the best posts I've ever seen here.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 07:18 PM   #19
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral
 
BeardedSonOfNel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: MN/WI
Posts: 5,178
Blog Entries: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivafletcher View Post
I like dumb things. Really. But this looks like a random Family Guy cutaway that someone decided to make into a movie. They're not even trying.
It will probably make $200 million.
__________________
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. – Goethe
BeardedSonOfNel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 08:05 PM   #20
EL CABONG
Evil Dead
 
EL CABONG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: The Empire State
Posts: 1,480
Saw this trailer B4 deadpool. Looked pretty bad. This coming from a guy who has Greg the Bunny season 1 on DVD (the fox version not the IFC one)
EL CABONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
happytime murders

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:20 AM.