2 Replies, 180 Views
Weekend Gamer: What are...
Last post by BeardedSonOfNel
Yesterday 07:47 PM
7 Replies, 247 Views

Old 04-07-2020, 09:44 AM   #821
Terran
Evil Dead

CDC: Wuhan virus deaths will be much lower than predicted "due to social distancing."

The models took social distancing into account.
The excuses for ruining lives and the economy have begun.

Speaking of "COVID" deaths, that lower fatality total is being padded. What? You might ask. Are you kidding? No, I am not.

Director – Division of Vital Statistics, National Center for Health Statistics: "COVID-19 should be reported on the death certificate for all decedents where the disease caused or is assumed to have caused or contributed to death. "

Watch the data for any substantial drops in heart disease, lung disease, and other related deaths. If there is a noticeable drop-off for the months of COVID reporting, you will know why...padding COVID data on deaths to excuse the destruction to our economy.

Don't be that guy:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
"...boys lining up outside a room to take a turn gang raping a woman?...I went to frat parties where shit like this was going down
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 10:44 AM   #822
PacerDawn
Choadwanger

Quote:
So unless you want to present a logical version of events that explains your thinking then there isn't much more to talk about.
So let me get this straight... Venom has to provide you proof of his statements, while we must accept yours at face value. We don't know the captain's thinking process behind this so obviously it's your version that is correct and definitely not the version of someone who has actually been in the military.

Ah liberals...
Old 04-07-2020, 01:23 PM   #823
Eats
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerDawn View Post
So let me get this straight... Venom has to provide you proof of his statements, while we must accept yours at face value. We don't know the captain's thinking process behind this so obviously it's your version that is correct and definitely not the version of someone who has actually been in the military.

Ah liberals...
Not proof, just a motive that makes any sense at all.
Eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 01:24 PM   #824
Eats
Developer

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/modly-fired
Old 04-07-2020, 01:58 PM   #825
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
STFU, tool.

Don't be that guy:

Quote:
"...boys lining up outside a room to take a turn gang raping a woman?...I went to frat parties where shit like this was going down
Old 04-07-2020, 02:29 PM   #826
Terran
Evil Dead

A little light reading for some of our foil wearing folks around here.

Don't be that guy:

Quote:
Old 04-07-2020, 02:36 PM   #827
blackzc
Evil Dead

I mean, isreal is right next door to Iran, they have been fighting with the jews for ever.

You are going to sit here and tell me that Iran is being a conspiracy nutter? Ha, ha lol ha.
Old 04-07-2020, 02:40 PM   #828
RAV
Evil Dead

Quote:
The motive doesn't actually matter that much. I'm sure all kinds criminals have all kinds heartbreaking reasons for doing what they do.

Many soldiers have given their lives to keep important information away from enemies.
Broadcasting the state of affairs of one of the most important military vessels is no small deal.
The military is no honeymoon. It sure is dangerous. The people in it stake their lives in defense of the country.

Furthermore the question remains if he has correctly judged the situation himself, in whether the chain of command has actually failed, though they were in the process of handling it already, or in what danger his men really were. Or if the scale of his actions was fit. Professionals too make stupid mistakes, besides having some motive. A commander can't allow emotions to overwhelm strategic judgement. Sending out 30 letters to public press, when maybe 5 letters to other people could have done the same.

You assume automatically that he was right and his motives good, but what if he was not right, his "good motives" led to important information leaked and needlessly endangering the security of the nation he was sworn to protect. When the higher ups in the command structure evaluate the strategic situation, they usually have to take into account a lot more than he might have considered. It is not just about having good intentions, you must actually be right in your judgement.

As to who was right or wrong on this, I don't actually know. But it's worth pointing out that there is more to it than what sense the personal motives make.
RAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 02:41 PM   #829
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

I'm not sure Eats understands that he has inadvertently argued that the sailor removed from his position was taking actions which made no sense, thus Eats appears unaware that his argument supports the removal of this sailor from his position. Behold:

Quote:
Isn't the letter more likely proof that he did follow the chain of command first and only sent the letter when he exhausted his options? I mean sending the letter was a pretty dangerous thing to do. If the Captain knew the navy was already sending help then why send the letter at all? Your weird explanation doesn't fit the known facts at all.
Publicly available information shows the sailors decision to send this letter is actually proof that he did not exhaust all of his options with his chain of command. The sailors own words in his letter indicated that he was quite aware that the Navy was sending help and was pursuing a strategy to combat the illness on his ship specifically. It's incredibly weird that you're seemingly pretending that this was unknown to him.

Quote:
The only thing that makes any sense is that he went through chain of command first and then sent the email when that didn't work. I can't prove that, but I can't prove that the law of gravity will continue to function in an hour either. People tend to do things that make sense. What you are saying he did doesn't make sense.
Publicly available information shows that he did not properly go through his chain of command first and then send the letter out when that failed. You cannot prove that because your statement is untrue. Seeing as he was aware the Navy had a strategy to combat the illness on his ship according to his own letter, he had not exhausted his options with his chain of command, and sent out this letter to reportedly 20 - 30 addresses, and knew that sailors had been evacuated from his ship prior to writing the letter, you're saying that he acted in a way that does not make sense. Therefore, you're supporting the decision to remove him.

Quote:
The climax came Thursday morning. At 7 a.m., Modly called Rear Adm. Stuart Baker, the commander of the Roosevelt’s multi-ship strike group and Crozier’s immediate superior. Modly said he asked Baker if he had known that Crozier would be sending the impassioned memo, and the strike group commander answered: “No. It arrived in my email inbox.” There had been no prior discussion or consultation about the message, Baker said.

Baker told Modly that he pressed Crozier why he hadn’t cleared the sensitive message or wide distribution group in advance. According to Modly, Crozier answered that “he worried Baker would not let him send it to that broad a group.” Baker affirmed to Modly: “He was right. I wouldn’t.”

Quote:
The Navy did evacuate the carrier, presumably because of his letter, because nothing else makes any sense. Otherwise there was no reason to send the letter. So he probably did save lives.
It's publicly available information that the Navy had removed sailors from the carrier and had a strategy to combat the illness on the ship prior to the letter being sent. You're therefore clearly arguing that what he did does not make sense and that he had no reason to send the letter and thus are providing a supporting argument for his removal.

This is from a 24 March article:
Quote:
“In those cases, those sailors are running a temperature and they have some body aches, but we wouldn’t necessarily characterize them as requiring hospitalization," he said. "But they’re positive, so we are rapidly removing them from the ship and understanding who they’ve come in contact with on the ship so we, as best we can, can try and isolate and contain.”
The letter from the sailor? It's dated 30 March, which discusses the Navy's strategy to combat the illness.

In the end, you, Eats, have unwittingly argued that the sailor's letter is evidence that he acted without reason. Congratulations.
VenomUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 02:51 PM   #830
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
None of us can speak to where his mind was but we can speak to the Navy's actions and the captain's actions.

What we do know is the Captain
  1. Took a ship of the line off active duty
  2. Broadcasting its lack of readiness to every opponent of America
  3. Did so while in striking range of one of the greatest geo-political opponents of this country (the ship was docked in Guam at the time)
  4. This opponent arguably potentially released - accidentally or not - a plague upon the world from one of their biolabs in Wuhan China

We also know the Navy was making accommodations for the entire crew of the ship in a way that didn't telegraph the weakness to the opponents of America. And the movements of US nuclear aircraft carrier are certainly tracked.

What we can't know are the motivations. We can only guess at the good of "he saved lives" to the bad of "he wanted the notariety" but they would just be guesses in light of the facts.

Based on the facts the Captain did about the worst thing he could have done given his sworn duty: he compromised the national security of the United States EVEN IF NOTHING HAPPENED.

As an aside, as far as we have since, heard none of the sailors from the ship, nor the Captain himself have suffered more than mild COVID-19 symptoms.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 02:53 PM   #831
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

haha aww isn't that cute look at the precious goy cuckservative! Imagine what all the billions we send there and other places around the world could do for our own crumbling infrastructure at home.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 03:02 PM   #832
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

I though Moldy's reasoning for removal was sound though his remarks to the crew were unwise.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 03:30 PM   #833
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
haha aww isn't that cute look at the precious goy cuckservative! Imagine what all the billions we send there and other places around the world could do for our own crumbling infrastructure at home.
Trump the other day.....

(We have wasted 8 trillion dollars in the middle east, for what? )

The entire fucking region can burn in hell for all i care, isreal included. Just get all the Christians out first.
Old 04-07-2020, 03:37 PM   #834
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post
Quote:
I knew if I posted a little shit conspiracy theory about Jews, it would draw some flies.

Don't be that guy:

Quote:
Old 04-07-2020, 04:03 PM   #835
Eats
Developer

Quote:
I think it should've been handled quietly and internally as a decision made by real naval officers.
It was pretty clear that I meant uniformed officers in this context.

Last edited by Eats; 04-28-2020 at 05:54 PM..
Old 04-07-2020, 04:07 PM   #836
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
I knew if I posted a little shit conspiracy theory about Jews, it would draw some flies.
Yet you aren't ever capable of actually refuting anything. Wonder why that is? Bet you buy into the whole diversity is strength garbage as well.
Old 04-07-2020, 04:16 PM   #837
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Yet you aren't ever capable of actually refuting anything.
I don't need to refute Iranian anti-Semitic conspiracies that the Wuhan virus is a Jewish plot, lol.

Your grasp on reality is...tenuous at best.

Don't be that guy:

Quote:
Old 04-07-2020, 04:18 PM   #838
Jotoco
Evil Dead

The guy is probably going to get a nice comfy job where he does nothing and earns a lot more than in the military, either in a Democrat cabinet or in the media.

And he made the US Navy look like a bunch of tantrum children, specially to the Chinese who are aggressively gobbing the world while you panic and fight between yourselves.

China will end 2021 or 2022 as the world's largest economy, and by the end of the decade be the largest military and all because you can't get together to agree if the sky is blue for 2 seconds.
Jotoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 04:19 PM   #839
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
I don't need to refute Iranian anti-Semitic conspiracies that the Wuhan virus is a Jewish plot, lol.

Your grasp on reality is...tenuous at best.
Haha my grasp on reality hahahaha Iran is garbage, Israel is garbage, the entire middle east is garbage, yet hey let's spend another 8 trillion dollars there and more of OUR men and womens lives. GREAT IDEA! You're as dense as Eats sometimes.
Old 04-07-2020, 04:25 PM   #840
Eats
Developer

“there are enemies who are genies, and there are enemies who are humans, and they help one another. The intelligence services of many countries cooperate with one another against us.”

You're right spec. This definitely rings true to me. We should sideline the space force and instead be working on a new genie containment force.