5 Replies, 1,037 Views
Sega's 16-Bit...
Last post by BeardedSonOfNel
08-18-2018 07:58 PM
23 Replies, 2,130 Views

Old 10-22-2015, 10:15 AM   #21
SaintBlitzkrieg
On Hiatus For Awhile

I think we all can agree there are times that we skipped doing something "important" to watch football. This is such a non article its hilarious.
SaintBlitzkrieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 10:21 AM   #22
Wolfgang
Evil Dead

Destiny is the best title ever! Why would you go to 343 would you could stay with Bungie and make a game like Destiny -- Only Destiny can provide an always online requirement, $100+ of DLC, Microtransactions and questing that pisses off its community!
Wolfgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 10:25 AM   #23
MasterKwan
Evil Dead

Quote:
Have unexpectedly low participation during one scheduled play session because of a football game, your team suddenly hates your own game - Evil's logic.
To me the interesting thing is that they're trying to force people to work on their days off. Probably unpaid work too. If you want to have real play testing, send everyone home at noon on a work day and let them playtest. On the companies dime, not on their personal time. These guys are probably already in crunch time and now the company want them to buckle down even more.
MasterKwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 10:29 AM   #24
Wolfgang
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahjindo View Post
While I certainly believe EvAv is entitled to his opinion, most of his posts lately present his personal opinions as fact. His post a short time ago about mobile gaming being dead was filled with opinions and no evidence supporting this claim. It was based purely on his personal distaste for the design decisions made in most mobile projects. He is also very obviously a PS4 fanboy, which is fine, as everyone is entitled to their opinion. But, Bungie didn't split into 343 and Bungie. A new studio was built from the ground up with a small amount of remaining Bungie employees who largely were not instrumental to the earlier games' development process. Furthermore, the fact that he uses "floundering" to describe Xbox One sales proves a complete lack of effort to conduct any research what so ever. Has the PS4 been more successful? Absolutely. He probably never called the PS3 "floundering" when it undersold the Xbox 360 for roughly half a decade even when it was available in quite a few more markets. Xbox One is far from a failure. Both machines are moving units and have carved out a meaningful chunk of business. These are ultimately out-of-touch ramblings that confuse an emotional reaction with research. It's grasping at straws trying to validate one's own feelings.
Yes EvAv has become a troll on his own website.

It should be common knowledge for someone who follows gaming like he does that...

1. The PS4 has sold a ton of units. The most units this generation by a wide margin.
2. The PS4 and X1 are BOTH selling better than the 360 and PS3.
3. One person doesn't code a game engine. Even the likes of John Carmack and Tim Sweeney have help.
4. 343 did develop a new game engine for Halo 5: http://microsoft-news.com/343-indust...-for-the-game/

EvAv is the behavior of a teenage fanboy. The X1 doesn't need saving. It is doing fine. The PS4 is just doing better. Please stop posting so much FUD and go back to playing a game that all but defines what everyone hated about the X1 when it was first announced (always online aka Destiny).
Old 10-22-2015, 10:29 AM   #25
SaintBlitzkrieg
On Hiatus For Awhile

What was going through your head when posting this evil?

"Oh this will get them good. Mwahahahaha. Everyone will hate on 343 and Microsoft this will be great!"

Kwan, I have to agree, I think its interesting that they are working on the weekends, but I have a feelings that is more to do with wanting to get the MP working correctly from the blunder that was MCC's MP. I think the whole team as a whole is looking for that redemption.
Old 10-22-2015, 10:30 AM   #26
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintBlitzkrieg View Post
I think we all can agree there are times that we skipped doing something "important" to watch football. This is such a non article its hilarious.
You do realize that is an actual quote from the article, right? This is the head of 343 saying that she can't even get people to play their own game if a football game is on TV.

As studio head, I would expect that the product that your entire salary is based on would take priority over a football game.
Old 10-22-2015, 10:30 AM   #27
Anemone
Evil Dead

Destiny isn't "shit" it's just flawed.
Old 10-22-2015, 10:35 AM   #28
Wolfgang
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
You do realize that is an actual quote from the article, right? This is the head of 343 saying that she can't even get people to play their own game if a football game is on TV.

As studio head, I would expect that the product that your entire salary is based on would take priority over a football game.
Really? have you never worked in an office during March Madness? I mean lets take a step back here and quit being a troll.

Also -- Football is played either on Thursday Night, Sunday or Monday Night. Meaning they were taking a break to watch the Seahawks (which suck this year) on days or at times they generally wouldn't be working. But yeah... I am sure Halo 5 sucks.
Old 10-22-2015, 10:39 AM   #29
SaintBlitzkrieg
On Hiatus For Awhile

Quote:

Yes I do realize its from the article. And the fact you are misinterpreting it.

The guy that scheduled it, scheduled it during a Seahawks game. As the NFL is popular its not uncommon for much of the staff to be fans of the NFL. And with the recent success the Seahawks have garnered, not far fetched that casual fans are tuning in more so too.

Now, Ross replied, well you scheduled it during a Seahawks game.

To me, that doesn't seem like she is shocked by the turn out, that it is expected, and one she herself isn't worried about because I am going to say they probably have Sundays off. Hell, she probably tuned in as well. OH MY GOD EVIL DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS!!!!!!!!!!!! The head of 343 didn't join in the playtest either, THE GAME IS SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on man, you are trolling to troll. Its sad that it has come to this. You had to dig deep in that article to even find this part of it. I had to search for it for gods sake it was so deep in the article. And if it was an issue, trust me, the real game media (I use real loosely here) would be all over it. Its not an issue, and one you are trying to blow WAY out of proportion.
Old 10-22-2015, 10:43 AM   #30
Major Dan
Conductor Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anemone View Post
And those flaws are accentuated because of how good it actually is, only leaving us wanting it to be better.

Hell I don't even seem them as flaws, so much, as dead ends, once a story is done, is a game worth playing? Throughout the life of video games, most the time the answer is, "No!" So Bungie is grappling with some new dynamics in video games, mainly, how to keep a player engaged once the story is over. Multiplayer has emerged as the goto way to do this, as human opponents are the most dynamic PVE you can have, but without some progression, that even gets old, as maps are virtually memorized after so many play throughs. New maps help keep players engaged for sure, but so does new gear, new ways to play, i.e. Rift, Salvage etc. But ultimately any game and game mode gets stale after awhile. So once you "maxed" out, things get old again, people then move on to new games.

Also, since this has been such a lackluster Generation so far, Destiny may even shine a little brighter, being a new IP, and looking and playing as good as it does. I know other games have been released, and everyone has the preferences, so ymmv.
Old 10-22-2015, 10:47 AM   #31
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
You had to dig deep in that article to even find this part of it. I had to search for it for gods sake it was so deep in the article. And if it was an issue, trust me, the real game media (I use real loosely here) would be all over it. Its not an issue, and one you are trying to blow WAY out of proportion.
I read the whole article, it was a good article. The tone of the entire article is talking about them trying to salvage Halo and trying to salvage the launch of the Xbone. Heck, that is the TITLE of the article, "Can the Woman Behind Halo 5 Save the Xbox?"

I'm not making that up, that is the general opinion of most people and obviously is the opinion of the writer at Bloomberg Business who put the piece together.
Old 10-22-2015, 10:51 AM   #32
ldi222
Evil Dead

Well thank goodness she cut those tacky pajamas.

Quote:
More mundanely, Ross knows there’s a risk in clogging the aisles of Toys “R” Us and Walmart with anything that Microsoft can stamp Halo on, whether it’s a clutch or a squirt gun. She says that when she inherited the game, the philosophy was to say yes to any company willing to pay royalties. The worst? Some tacky pajama pants. “The pajamas actually were really comfortable,” Ross says. “But they weren’t super high-quality.” When she took over, she cut the line.
I saw this article as a bit of a fluff piece propping up the leadership priorities.
ldi222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 10:52 AM   #33
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

Quote:

No, that's not even what she said. She said participation was "unexpectedly low."

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterKwan View Post
To me the interesting thing is that they're trying to force people to work on their days off. Probably unpaid work too. If you want to have real play testing, send everyone home at noon on a work day and let them playtest. On the companies dime, not on their personal time. These guys are probably already in crunch time and now the company want them to buckle down even more.
While I agree that these guys are probably in crunch time and that meant even more hours, that appears to go with the job. If they're salaried, they're being paid.

It appears, based on the fact that during the game participation was "low," that there must not be a 100% requirement at the very least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anenome
If someone's opinion is that Destiny is shit, it's just as right as your opinion that Destiny is flawed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgang
Really? have you never worked in an office during March Madness? I mean lets take a step back here and quit being a troll.
Military units in real-life combat zones have altered their ops for major sporting events.

I do enjoy the view Evil has... when it applies to an Xbox exclusive:
Quote:
Their engine programmer quit and went to work at Naughty Dog after Halo 4 was released. It's the same game engine, they don't have anyone to create a new one.
Principle engine programmer leaves, Evil states that that 343, backed by MSFT, doesn't have "anyone" to create a new game engine.

Quote:
The revolving door of game developers continues, Gamespot has the news that Destiny Senior Gameplay Designer Josh Hamrick has left Bungie for Betheseda.
Using Evil's logic, since Hamrick left, there isn't anyone to make additions/changes to the gameplay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhooud View Post
From Gamasutra, apparently Bungie has fired long-time composer Marty O'Donnell. Probably best known for his work on Halo, O'Donnell had been working on Bungie's upcoming Destiny. Now, not so much.
Using Evil's logic, there isn't anyone that could possibly create a new soundtrack for Bungie.
VenomUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 10:54 AM   #34
SaintBlitzkrieg
On Hiatus For Awhile

Yes, but the one thing you pulled from it was that. I am sure there is something better to talk about it from it, but instead you took the typical approach you do and wagged that Sony Pony tail of yours.

So by doing that you steered what could have been a great discussion to something that is more or less making fun of your fandom. You made it about yourself even if that wasn't your intent. I would love to talk about if the 343 team could save Halo. And what a successful launch Halo 5 means to the Xbox, but instead you created this.

And by the way, the Xbox is fine. I don't understand what needs to be saved? Explain all of that to me if you want, but like it was stated above. They are moving units, not as many as Sony, but they are healthy and have a great line up not only this year, but next year. So what ya got?
Old 10-22-2015, 10:57 AM   #35
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomUSMC View Post
Military units in real-life combat zones have altered their ops for major sporting events.
Doctors and nurses at the ER/hospital sometimes check sports scores or broadcasts. While on rounds, no less!

We're DOOMED, I tell you. DOOMED!

Giving people more of their own money...WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS? :D
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 11:01 AM   #36
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

Old 10-22-2015, 11:09 AM   #37
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahjindo View Post
He probably never called the PS3 "floundering" when it undersold the Xbox 360 for roughly half a decade even when it was available in quite a few more markets.
Amusingly enough, he actually did! This site was ridiculously pro-360/Microsoft during the 360/PS3 era, especially during the early days. It was to the point where under-the-breath accusations of EvAv being a paid shill were being made by other sites.

Back then, Microsoft could do no wrong and Sony was some sort of horrific devil, here to eat your children and fornicate with your furniture.

This is one gigantic joke of a post, to be honest. If the studio is based out on Seattle (or any major city with a popular, successful NFL team), scheduling any sort of optional-but-encouraged event during a football game is simply stupid. I'm sure these folks are salaried, but I'm guessing the testing event was scheduled on a Sunday. In the fall. During football season. In a football city. Give 'em a break and let them watch the friggin' game. I blame the person who scheduled it for not paying attention, personally.

What are most folks in a good chunk of California and Washington going to be doing tonight? I'll tell you: They're going to be watching Thursday Night Football, because it's a friggin' divisional game between the 49ers and Seahawks and both teams are reeling.

This is just shady "journalism" with a slight tinge of yellow.
Old 10-22-2015, 11:15 AM   #38
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
So by doing that you steered what could have been a great discussion to something that is more or less making fun of your fandom. You made it about yourself even if that wasn't your intent. I would love to talk about if the 343 team could save Halo. And what a successful launch Halo 5 means to the Xbox, but instead you created this.
You made the article about me because you can't resist posting any time anyone points out that your precious Xbone isn't doing well.

If you wanted to comment about 343 and Halo, no one was stopping you. Instead you decided to attack me because I don't drink the Microsoft Kool-Aid.
Old 10-22-2015, 11:22 AM   #39
Sinistar
Evil Dead

Quote:
...I think Destiny showed that the people with real talent all left when 343 and Bungie parted ways.

Hahahahahahahaha, that's funny.

I doubt that Activision is super happy about Destiny right now. 10 year plan, huh? This is probably why micro transactions are incoming. Can't expand the base, gotta bleed the current audience for all they can.

Talent.
Sinistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 11:24 AM   #40
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

Quote:
You made the article about me because you can't resist posting any time anyone points out that your precious Xbone isn't doing well.

If you wanted to comment about 343 and Halo, no one was stopping you. Instead you decided to attack me because I don't drink the Microsoft Kool-Aid.
Come on. You made the conscious choice of making absurd claim that they couldn't get 343 to play their own game because participation was low on a single night of football because you're drinking the Sony Kool-Aid.

There is no guarantee that 343's latest Halo won't suck or be riddled with problems, but all you've done here is tried to use this as a means to take a shot at a system merely because you don't like that system and because you love - well, usually. You have a bipolar relationship with Destiny - Destiny.

Tags
evil logic, evil reaching, failboat, halo 5 guardians, xbone, xboner