17 Replies, 586 Views
Thronebreaker: The...
Last post by ElektroDragon
Today 03:11 PM
7 Replies, 880 Views

Old 10-25-2016, 03:49 PM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Titanfall 2 Reviews: "A Must Play" - Game Informer, "A Spectacular Game" - GameSpot

Game Informer - 9.5/10

Quote:
In an era where it feels like the majority of shooters either have single-player or multiplayer tacked on, Titanfall 2 is the full package. The top-tier campaign has nearly perfect pacing, and the subtle revisions and additions to the multiplayer make it better than ever. For first-person shooter fans, Titanfall 2 is a must play.
GameSpot - 9/10

Quote:
Titanfall 2 demonstrates a vitality that its predecessor couldn't. Whereas the first Titanfall kept up its breakneck pace throughout the entirety of every match, Titanfall 2 understands that sometimes, dialing things back for a few moments can make the long run much more enjoyable. In many ways, Titanfall 2 feels like the game Respawn should have made in 2013. It's a fantastic sequel. It's a fluid shooter. It's a spectacular game.
GamesRadar - 4.5/5

Quote:
Titanfall 2 might well be this yearís best surprise. The original gameís gorgeously tactile, flowing traversal systems always had great potential as the fuel of a single-player campaign, but the care and craft that Respawn has instilled into creating that adventure will blindside you. Itís immediately gratifying on a moment-to-moment basis, but as a complete work and experience, itís one of the most creative and rewarding FPS in recent memory.
Digital Spy - 4.5/5

Quote:
This isn't just a worthy sequel to Titanfall, but one that improves upon the original while adding a superb single-player campaign. The latter combines fast-paced action, pilot acrobatics, heavyweight Titan warfare and a surprising amount of heart in one of the most enjoyable solo storylines of the year.

And when you're done with that, the enhanced multiplayer is there to dazzle you with fluid motion, high-octane gunplay and those mighty mechs going mano e mano.

Now that it's hitting PS4 as well as Xbox One and PC, Respawn's giant-sized shooter is getting a second shot at the big leagues. Titanfall 2 richly deserves it: it's a masterful piece of work.
Hardcore Gamer - 4.5/5

Quote:
Titanfall 2 takes what works with the original and builds on it. The same addicting momentum-based movement system is back and itís still fun to use. Built on top of this is a campaign that, while not the most original, manages to create a relationship that feels genuine with a unique mission structure that embraces the movement system to create unique gameplay scenarios. Then you have the multiplayer that may not have as many weapons as some other games, and a few maps that donít play to the gameís strength, but still manages to produce hours of fun. Titanfall 2 breathes new life into the concept and has solidified it as a franchise. Now, letís all standby for titanfall.
USgamer - 4/5

Quote:
Although it's a little on the short side, and its production values are a bit oldschool, Titanfall 2's single-player campaign is a really enjoyable experience while it lasts. It's very inventive and fun, and a great warm-up for the game's excellent multiplayer component, whose gunplay and controls are absolutely outstanding. All it needs is a few more maps and modes.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 04:15 PM   #2
dirtbag
El Matador

Anybody here playing yet? I'm still in BF1, but this looks interesting for the holidays.
dirtbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 04:24 PM   #3
Anemone
Evil Dead

I too will give this game a 9+ rating if the publisher buys my ads.
Old 10-25-2016, 10:18 PM   #4
bub64882
Evil Dead

I was really looking forward to 1, then lost a ton of interest when it was MP only, and then lost ALL interest when it was XBone exclusive.

I'm really glad the team got to make the game they wanted finally, and I will have to check it out after those reviews. So glad the SP isn't tacked on.
bub64882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 11:43 PM   #5
BeachGaara
Evil Dead

I'm broke. so I'm not playing it.
BeachGaara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 07:24 AM   #6
BalekFekete
Claptrap Bitch

Want to play it, but BF1 is just too damn fun. Sorry, but lost my Day One money due to release dating.
Old 10-26-2016, 07:47 AM   #7
BeachGaara
Evil Dead

I would like to know why it's scoring significantly lower on PC.
BeachGaara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 07:54 AM   #8
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anemone View Post
I too will give this game a 9+ rating if the publisher buys my ads.
Just look at what people are saying here when the game comes out. If Emabulator says it's a good game, you can bet it is!
Old 10-26-2016, 07:55 AM   #9
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachGaara View Post
I'm broke. so I'm not playing it.
HaHa! Same here. I would get both Battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2 but the budget isn't there this year for those kind of purchases.
Old 10-26-2016, 08:39 AM   #10
Rommel
International Playboy

BF1 has good reviews, Titanfall 2 has good reviews... I STILL LIKE OVERWATCH. Fuck man, fuck.
drive into the daughter's womb proper, fill the uterus with the dick snot
Quote:
Originally Posted by screwyluie View Post
Rommel gave the right answer
*Not in context
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 09:37 AM   #11
actusoul
Evil Dead

Surprised by review scores for Titanfall 2. I played the beta and I thought it was terrible. BF1 is a GREAT game and I will stick with this one. Surprised how good 'OPERATIONS" mode is....
actusoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 09:51 AM   #12
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Quote:
Originally Posted by actusoul View Post
Surprised by review scores for Titanfall 2. I played the beta and I thought it was terrible. BF1 is a GREAT game and I will stick with this one. Surprised how good 'OPERATIONS" mode is....
I liked Titanfall 2 and BF1 betas. I actually played more of the BF1 beta. I would have purchased BF1 if it was not $130 for the complete digital version. I'm going to get BF1 as soon as there is a sale on the digital version on PSN.

I went with Titanfall 2 because the standard version was $48 via pre-order on Amazon. The deluxe version was cosmetic items, so I passed on that.
Old 10-27-2016, 06:15 PM   #13
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

I'll be looking out front every time I hear a truck, while waiting for my PS4 copy of Titanfall 2 to arrive tomorrow.

Tags
ea games, respawn entertainment, titanfall 2