Last post by hurstshifter
Today 06:24 PM
1 Replies, 197 Views

Old 02-09-2017, 04:55 AM   #1
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

Phil Says: Expect More Xbox One First Party Games This Year

Quote:
Phil Spencer answered to a fan on Twitter by saying: “I feel great about this year. Ought to have more 1P games than a year ago, extraordinary differing qualities + propelling new IP. Great year.” Xbox One proprietors ought to be upbeat about this. This is on account of the fact that many were stressed not long ago when Scalebound was scratched off. According to this tweet, we will see significantly more video games.

He likewise underlined “differing qualities” and “new IP”. So this implies we ought to get more than the typical Halo 5, Gears Of War 4 and Forza Horizon 3 video games that get discharged constantly. 2017 is a major year for Xbox One since the Project Scorpio console will be out not long from now. They require some amazing exclusives to make both the Xbox One and Project Scorpio consoles look great in contrast with the opposition.
Via Mobi Picker
BeardedSonOfNel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 06:36 AM   #2
Juan
Evil Dead

Well right now they have nothing and they are getting absolutely trounced on all fronts so they either have a lot of unannounced great games or they are completely fucked. Releasing a more powerful box is pointless when there is nothing to play on it.
Juan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 04:46 AM   #3
shadow763
Lord of Woe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan View Post
Well right now they have nothing and they are getting absolutely trounced on all fronts so they either have a lot of unannounced great games or they are completely fucked. Releasing a more powerful box is pointless when there is nothing to play on it.
Yeah, that about sums it all up.
shadow763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 05:33 AM   #4
Terran
Evil Dead

This has been the worst console generation in the history of gaming. There is little to no reason to own a console right now. The console-only true exclusives list worthy of picking up a console for is so short as to make it unworthy of bothering with the expense.

#GenerationRemaster
#GenerationSkipIt

Giving people more of their own money...WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS? :D
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 06:19 AM   #5
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
This has been the worst console generation in the history of gaming. There is little to no reason to own a console right now. The console-only true exclusives list worthy of picking up a console for is so short as to make it unworthy of bothering with the expense.

#GenerationRemaster
#GenerationSkipIt
See, this is why I'm excited for the Switch. Sure, it may not be the most powerful device on the market...but it'll at least have plenty of worthwhile exclusives.
Old 02-10-2017, 07:12 AM   #6
Terran
Evil Dead

Granted, Nintendo content is pretty much exclusive to their hardware (with precious few exceptions). On the other hand, much of what they're pumping out is IP that is, at least in the view of this gamer, long-in-the-tooth, old-as-the-hills sequelized content that have me uninterested and tired.

If you like their stuff, then you are absolutely correct that you will get content on their hardware that is unique to their hardware. If you're tired of it like I am, then it's just traveling the same road as before with a few changes in scenery.

Old 02-10-2017, 11:07 AM   #7
shadow763
Lord of Woe

This generation is fine if you don't own a PC. Almost all new titles use the console as the primary sku, with PC getting a port of that to varying degrees of success. So I don't think it is a problem with this generation. The only console that has any sort of exclusives would be the PS4, and those have been sparse. Seems like more and more are dropping now or will be.

I would say more new IPs and more unique stuff drops on PS4 vs Nintendo. Nintendo is very much into iteration on their IPs which is the only reason to buy their consoles. If you want their IPs, then you go there. If you want any other experience it is either PS4 or PC. If you can't own PC, you get all the titles on PS4. So I fail to see how this generation is a complete flop.
shadow763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 11:58 AM   #8
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
This generation is fine if you don't own a PC.
That's exactly my primary criticism of this generation of consoles. There's precious little content that's exclusive to consoles this generation that's worth bothering about. If you don't own ANY gaming platform, buying one (PS4, XB1, PC) will get you access to much of what is available on the others, and whatever isn't available isn't terribly worth worrying about...remasters, sequels, temporarily exclusive titles that will appear on other platforms...

Garbage. This generation of consoles is garbage unless the console is all you've got, and even then you're missing out on more by just owning a console than by just owning a PC. GenerationFail

Old 02-10-2017, 12:17 PM   #9
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

I'm not getting MSFT's strategy with the Scorpio. It seems like they're trying to keep the XB1 alive, in an effort not to piss of millions of consumers who purchased it, but it seems to me that will likely hamstring efforts to maximize the Scorpio's performance potential -- whatever that may actually be.
VenomUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 01:12 PM   #10
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
That's exactly my primary criticism of this generation of consoles. There's precious little content that's exclusive to consoles this generation that's worth bothering about. If you don't own ANY gaming platform, buying one (PS4, XB1, PC) will get you access to much of what is available on the others, and whatever isn't available isn't terribly worth worrying about...remasters, sequels, temporarily exclusive titles that will appear on other platforms...

Garbage. This generation of consoles is garbage unless the console is all you've got, and even then you're missing out on more by just owning a console than by just owning a PC. GenerationFail
To be fair, it wasn't drastically different with the last generation, either. Toward the end of the previous console generation, I just had my PC...and I really didn't miss out on much of anything. Most of the quality games were readily available on all three platforms.

It's more of the same with this generation.
Old 02-10-2017, 02:45 PM   #11
Terran
Evil Dead

Fairness is for pussies who give attendance awards to everyone.

And it is different. This generation is the worst for actual console exclusives of any particular merit.

Tags
games, xbone, xbox, xbox one