BlizzCon Canceled for...
Last post by Terran
Today 02:25 PM
6 Replies, 342 Views

Old 04-24-2020, 10:57 AM   #1
Jetherik
Editor in Chief

Weekend Gamer: What are you playing?

GAMES GAMES GAMES! The WNiN gang (though since we don't play Everquest, I guess we are just the Wednesday Night group, is actually forgoing online games for playing some D&D (obviously online since we are in 2 different states). What games are you going to be playing this weekend (and possibly during the week)?
Old 04-24-2020, 02:30 PM   #2
Metal Jesus
Evil Dead

I finished The Witcher 3 on Switch this week (80+ hours) and started playing Resident Evil 3 (PS4) yesterday.
Old 04-24-2020, 05:28 PM   #3
MechaDangerous
Evil Dead

You *COULD* play EverQuest for free via Project1999. I have a level 5 ShadowKnight.

Also.. are you guys playing D&D on Roll20 or streaming your games? I'd love to tune in! I still read all my 5e books even though I've never actually used them, haha.
MechaDangerous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 05:41 PM   #4
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

SHMUPs on MAME, PC Engine/TG-16, NES, and Sega Genesis.

Also trying to get my Apple IIgs to connect to a BBS
Old 04-24-2020, 08:42 PM   #5
PacerDawn
Choadwanger

I'd ask to join the Wednesday goodness, but that's a really busy day for me I'm afraid...
Old 04-24-2020, 08:49 PM   #6
MechaDangerous
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerDawn View Post
I'd ask to join the Wednesday goodness, but that's a really busy day for me I'm afraid...
I mean we could always get our own Evil Avatar D&D group together for another night
Old 04-24-2020, 10:25 PM   #7
Jetherik
Editor in Chief

We are using Fantasy Grounds. We are not streaming yet but maybe in the future. Hmmmm. I wonder if streaming was a thing when we were playing Wednesday Night in Norath would it have been as popular as the stories? That is true, an Evil D&D group could work especially with all the tools out.
Old 04-24-2020, 11:30 PM   #8
MechaDangerous
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetherik View Post
We are using Fantasy Grounds. We are not streaming yet but maybe in the future. Hmmmm. I wonder if streaming was a thing when we were playing Wednesday Night in Norath would it have been as popular as the stories? That is true, an Evil D&D group could work especially with all the tools out.
It's true. Roll20 is a pretty great resource for these things.
Old 04-27-2020, 06:35 AM   #9
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

My dad says he has been playing tons of UO during the lockdown. I picked up a few new things. First DOOM Eternal, then Dead Rising 4: Franks’s Big Package and then Amazon had Borderlands 3 on sale one day for $15 so I snagged that.

Naturally, with all these great new games to play, I spent my gaming time playing Heroes of the Storm again. LOL.

Today is finally my day off, it was a long week, I did a lot of Overtime. It is totally weird to be working extra hours when I know that tons of people can’t go to work at all, but we have more work than we can ever get caught up on. Just how it goes I guess.

I watched the first episode of Penny Dreadful and the most recent Westworld (man, this season just sucks) and I’ll catch up on the finale of Better Call Saul in a few minutes.

Once everyone wakes up around here I’ll probably play a few matches of Heroes of the Storm again and then try out Borderlands 3. I think I played an hour or so of it during one of the free preview events, so I might have a saved game in there.

Later this afternoon I’m going to put on some Coil and start working on a novel. I had a totally killer idea (that I can’t share or I’ll never write it down) and I want to get at least a page or two just to see how it goes before I start making notes about plot and characters. Writing out this paragraph, I also finally remembered which one of my old short stories I planed to re-write using the new characters from the novel. Thank goodness! That has been bugging me all week. The first short story that takes place in the world of this novel has already been published via small press a few years ago. I’m sure I can dig up the link if anyone is curious.
Old 04-27-2020, 06:57 AM   #10
Booda
Beam another Blast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
I watched the first episode of Penny Dreadful....
Penny Dreadful: CoA was Penny Dreadful in name only. I was a big fan of the 2014 - 2016 series (minus the rushed final episode) but this new series is starting out like a total shitshow. Terrible script plus terrible acting equals terrible show. I have no idea how CoA can step up it's game to make it even remotely watchable.

This show's title should really have been 'Racism & Stuff'.
Booda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 07:40 AM   #11
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booda View Post
Penny Dreadful: CoA was Penny Dreadful in name only. I was a big fan of the 2014 - 2016 series (minus the rushed final episode) but this new series is starting out like a total shitshow. Terrible script plus terrible acting equals terrible show. I have no idea how CoA can step up it's game to make it even remotely watchable.

This show's title should really have been 'Racism & Stuff'.
I have to agree, the first episode seemed like it was just an opportunity for some white writer to thrown out a bunch of ethnic slurs and get away with it. (Re: Django.)
Old 04-27-2020, 01:09 PM   #12
Kreigmstr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetherik View Post
Wonder how many people would be interested in an EvAv D&D group? Could be fun, I'm running a few games with FG. Though one just recently went on hold. I'd definitely be interested as a player.

Have you tried the Unity client yet?