Luke Cage TKO'd
Last post by Grumsh
Yesterday 08:19 PM
17 Replies, 1,486 Views

Old 08-05-2018, 08:05 AM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

EA Says Editing Out Colin Kaepernick's Name From Madden Lyric Was A Mistake

"It's in the game!" Game Informer has the story.

Quote:
Update 7:18 p.m. CDT – We received comment from EA.

“We made an unfortunate mistake with our Madden NFL soundtrack. Members of our team misunderstood the fact that while we don’t have rights to include Colin Kaepernick in the game, this doesn’t affect soundtracks. We messed up, and the edit should never have happened. We will make it right, with an update to Madden NFL 19 on August 6 that will include the reference again. We meant no disrespect, and we apologize to Colin, to YG and Big Sean, to the NFL, to all of their fans and our players for this mistake.”

The original story from 5:04 p.m. CDT is as follows:

Colin Kaepernick is a name that still ends up in a lot of conversations about football, despite the former quarterback not actually having played in a number of years. Kaepernick became the center of a national conversation about protesting during the anthem when he took a knee to protest racial injustice in the country. As such, Kaepernick himself became a controversial figure among those who disagreed with him, and both he and players inspired by him have drawn the often capricious attention of president Trump's Twitter account.

With the release of Madden NFL 19, no one expected Kaepernick to be playable, having been a free agent for some time now with most NFL teams shying away from signing him (which Kaepernick has alleged is collusive in nature). Which makes it all the more odd that it appears EA has gone the extra mile in removing Kaepernick completely, going so far as to censor his name from a lyric in one of the game's EA Trax.
Note: It should be mentioned that Kaepernick is a terrible QB and would be a major distraction for any team that chose to hire him. Pro Tip: Shut up and do your job.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 08:28 AM   #2
EL CABONG
Evil Dead

Omg. Kap lost his job and was warming the bench b4 he ever kneeled . The people and frankly a big chunk of the sports press who are trying to make a him a victim are insane. Kap has made millions of dollars and opted out of his own contract. Hardly a victim.

He has been out of the nfl. He should not be in the game. Payton manning doesn't play anymore. He isn't in the game. Neither should be in "rap" songs in the game.
EL CABONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 09:30 AM   #3
brandonjclark
Subscriber

I wonder when we can stop hearing about that dumb asshole. Soon?
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 09:41 AM   #4
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL CABONG View Post
Payton manning doesn't play anymore. He isn't in the game. Neither should be in "rap" songs in the game.
Peyton IS one of the all time greats. I could see it being okay that the Madden soundtrack or game references him in some way. It'd be like referencing Sanders, Rice, Montana - they're all important to the legacy of the sport.

Kap however is a different story. His "protesting" has made him far more famous then anything he ever did on the field. He's a football afterthought.

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 09:57 AM   #5
Terran
Evil Dead

He's a proxy for a continuing power play by cultural leftist Marxists and their cohort of new fundamentalists. He'll continue to be a proxy as long as he's useful, at which point he'll be memory-holed as a has-been bench-warming nobody.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 10:22 AM   #6
vivafletcher
Evil Dead

Anyone who's followed football for 10 minutes knows that Kaepernick should be on a roster. He's not a starter. But are people claiming he's not good enough to be third-string on a team? Have you looked at some of these rosters?

NFL games are getting boring because there isn't enough QB talent in the league. One injury can ruin a team's chances (Green Bay). So anyone with real talent should be on a roster.

The only reason Kaepernick wouldn't be on a roster is if the league and/or the teams have collectively decided not to offer him a spot. And that is the definition of collusion.

I'm not talking about the anthem, or employer rights, or issues with the police. I'm talking about quarterback talent only, and why a player with a clear amount of talent wouldn't be at least offered a third-string position in a league where teams are hyper-competitive and always eager to add talent to their rosters.
vivafletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 10:25 AM   #7
EL CABONG
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
Peyton IS one of the all time greats. I could see it being okay that the Madden soundtrack or game references him in some way. It'd be like referencing Sanders, Rice, Montana - they're all important to the legacy of the sport.

Kap however is a different story. His "protesting" has made him far more famous then anything he ever did on the field. He's a football afterthought.
Your not wrong. Maybe I should have compared him to Teabow instead of manning. Put my point remains the same.
Old 08-05-2018, 10:37 AM   #8
EL CABONG
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivafletcher View Post
Anyone who's followed football for 10 minutes knows that Kaepernick should be on a roster. He's not a starter. But are people claiming he's not good enough to be third-string on a team? Have you looked at some of these rosters?

NFL games are getting boring because there isn't enough QB talent in the league. One injury can ruin a team's chances (Green Bay). So anyone with real talent should be on a roster.

The only reason Kaepernick wouldn't be on a roster is if the league and/or the teams have collectively decided not to offer him a spot. And that is the definition of collusion.

I'm not talking about the anthem, or employer rights, or issues with the police. I'm talking about quarterback talent only, and why a player with a clear amount of talent wouldn't be at least offered a third-string position in a league where teams are hyper-competitive and always eager to add talent to their rosters.
There was reports of teams offering him 5 to 8 million dollars a year. Which is back up QB money. He wanted more. Teams said no. Most back ups don't get the 12 to 15 million a year he was reportedly asking for. That is not collusion that is Kap over playing his hand. He was not a victim. He could be warming the bench somewhere. He is not because of choices he made himself.
Old 08-05-2018, 11:07 AM   #9
Terran
Evil Dead

This chart tells you all you need to know about why the NFL is having problems:

Their market is more conservative than liberal, and also correlates to highly motivated voters as well. The only reason they didn't shut the entire disrespect of the flag down (like they did with recognition of dead officers, which they WOULDN'T ALLOW in Dallas) is because Goodell is a liberal prog and they can't resist trying to ram their views down the throats of others nor did he give a shit when liberal players were doing just that. Employers have the right to set basic workplace requirements and do not have to fund your political or other protests, but the NFL chose a side by doing nothing on this issue while shutting down others. They fucked up.

Teams individually refusing to hire Krapperneck is a reflection of a business reality in the same way that a Jewish deli in NYC wouldn't hire a neo-Nazi skinhead or ISIS fanatic to sell their products to their customers.

He's a divisive, racist windbag whose last few years in the league were statistically forgettable and whose only claim to fame now is his notoriety for being easily persuaded by his girlfriend that he needed to be an attention-seeking hatemonger.
Quote:
Old 08-05-2018, 01:56 PM   #10
davidj.dk
Evil Dead

if one were a conspiracy theorist one might think this was a ploy to get the conversation over on this loser again. jesus.
davidj.dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 03:04 PM   #11
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
He's a proxy for a continuing power play by cultural leftist Marxists and their cohort of new fundamentalists. He'll continue to be a proxy as long as he's useful, at which point he'll be memory-holed as a has-been bench-warming nobody.
The sooner the average person gets this, the sooner this crap can be ignored or countered and rendered useless.

They take advantage of our good will. I mean, not me, im onto their game. Its just hard for some to admit some people can be so manipulating.
Old 08-06-2018, 12:48 AM   #12
vivafletcher
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL CABONG View Post
There was reports of teams offering him 5 to 8 million dollars a year. Which is back up QB money. He wanted more. Teams said no. Most back ups don't get the 12 to 15 million a year he was reportedly asking for. That is not collusion that is Kap over playing his hand. He was not a victim. He could be warming the bench somewhere. He is not because of choices he made himself.
I haven't heard any reports of such an offer. Not saying it definitely didn't happen, but I think it would have been big news.

I don't think anyone is offering him a spot. It's definitely NOT because of talent. he's better than 100 percent of the third-stringers, and the vast majority of backups (many backups are rookies being groomed, so it makes sense to have some lesser talents at that position).

It's possible that the owners have gotten together and decided he's not worth the headache and the anger from the fan base if he gets a job. But that's collusion. If all the teams individually made that decision, it wouldn't be collusion. His case is about proving the former. It's on his lawyers to make that case.

Kaepernick donates a lot of money to charity and is a devout Christian. I get people being angry at the anthem thing, but to dismiss him as an irrelevant loser strikes me as lazy thinking. If anything, he's on the downside of a pretty successful career and has become more infamous than famous. But from a pure talent standpoint, he should be on a roster. So there has to be more to it.
vivafletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 04:20 AM   #13
Terran
Evil Dead

From a pure talent standpoint, he sucks.

Quote:
Don't overthink why Colin Kaepernick is still a free agent. Simply put, years have passed since he was an effective quarterback. He is 29 years old, has succeeded only in an unsustainable scheme and is part of a well-populated group of former starters who also remained available as the week began.

Kaepernick's greatest NFL successes came as part of the San Francisco 49ers' read-option scheme from 2012-14. In those three years, he rushed for 1,578 yards -- more than any quarterback other than Russell Wilson and Cam Newton. His success -- he threw more than twice as many touchdown passes (50) as interceptions (21) -- helped him compile the eighth-best Total Quarterback Rating in the NFL (70.2) over that period.

Even then, Kaepernick was one of the league's least-accurate quarterbacks. His 60.1 completion percentage ranked No. 23 in the NFL, and his percentage of off-target throws -- judged on video by ESPN Stats & Information -- ranked No. 18 (17.6 percent).

Those issues intensified in 2015 and 2016 amid the 49ers' coaching turmoil and talent drain. Since the start of the 2015 season, Kaepernick ranks last in the NFL among 35 qualified passers in off-target percentage (22.6). His completion percentage ranks No. 32 at 59.1. He still was one of the NFL's most productive rushing quarterbacks, ranking No. 4 in total yardage over those years, but it didn't mitigate his passing deterioration.
He's unemployed because he sucks. The NFL is stupidly myopic when it comes to personnel. They'll gladly hire wife beaters, killers, what have you...but only if you're good enough to justify your stupidity.
Quote:
Old 08-06-2018, 04:39 AM   #14
Eats
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
This chart tells you all you need to know about why the NFL is having problems:

Their market is more conservative than liberal, and also correlates to highly motivated voters as well. The only reason they didn't shut the entire disrespect of the flag down (like they did with recognition of dead officers, which they WOULDN'T ALLOW in Dallas) is because Goodell is a liberal prog and they can't resist trying to ram their views down the throats of others nor did he give a shit when liberal players were doing just that. Employers have the right to set basic workplace requirements and do not have to fund your political or other protests, but the NFL chose a side by doing nothing on this issue while shutting down others. They fucked up.

Teams individually refusing to hire Krapperneck is a reflection of a business reality in the same way that a Jewish deli in NYC wouldn't hire a neo-Nazi skinhead or ISIS fanatic to sell their products to their customers.

He's a divisive, racist windbag whose last few years in the league were statistically forgettable and whose only claim to fame now is his notoriety for being easily persuaded by his girlfriend that he needed to be an attention-seeking hatemonger.
Where did this chart come from? I think it says the source but its too small to see.

I don't really think it looks wrong, but I do think it is suspect. It doesn't seem like it would be so easy to get reliable data on this subject.

It is surprising that WWE would skew so far to the left though. That's just sort of hard to believe.
Eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 05:09 AM   #15
Terran
Evil Dead

You're a capable fella. Don't be lazy. Takes less time to find the source than it did to post the question.
Quote:
Old 08-06-2018, 05:30 AM   #16
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Where did this chart come from? I think it says the source but its too small to see.

I don't really think it looks wrong, but I do think it is suspect. It doesn't seem like it would be so easy to get reliable data on this subject.

It is surprising that WWE would skew so far to the left though. That's just sort of hard to believe.
It cropped up on a Business Insider article from five years ago. It was originally posted at National Journal, but the original article is just a dead link now. They apparently took the data from Scarborough Research, a subsidiary of Nielsen.

The NFL fanbase - while more right-leaning than, say, MLB - is still pretty moderate according to this data. As the write-up states, it's more of a "no man's land", politically speaking. WWE fans also don't vote often, according to their data.

Last edited by Chimpbot; 08-07-2018 at 05:21 AM..
Chimpbot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 08:31 AM   #17
EL CABONG
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivafletcher View Post
I haven't heard any reports of such an offer. Not saying it definitely didn't happen, but I think it would have been big news.

I don't think anyone is offering him a spot. It's definitely NOT because of talent. he's better than 100 percent of the third-stringers, and the vast majority of backups (many backups are rookies being groomed, so it makes sense to have some lesser talents at that position).

It's possible that the owners have gotten together and decided he's not worth the headache and the anger from the fan base if he gets a job. But that's collusion. If all the teams individually made that decision, it wouldn't be collusion. His case is about proving the former. It's on his lawyers to make that case.

Kaepernick donates a lot of money to charity and is a devout Christian. I get people being angry at the anthem thing, but to dismiss him as an irrelevant loser strikes me as lazy thinking. If anything, he's on the downside of a pretty successful career and has become more infamous than famous. But from a pure talent standpoint, he should be on a roster. So there has to be more to it.
Seattle was in talks with Kap this past winter. Multiple teams were in talks with him the winter b4 that. Again he wanted starter money to be a bench warmer. SO nothing happened. Miami needed a QB last year . They were looking at Kap but since he is a socialist D-bag who has been seen in public in a che guvera shirt that did not happen. Miami has a lot of cubans. If you know anything about Che you know what a racist murder he was. Again Kaps own choices keeping him out of the nfl not a conspiracy.

Kap gives money to charity. Ok. That's cool. Doesn't mean he deserves starter money to warm a bench. Him giving money to charity doesn't change the fact that he opted out of his own contract which is why he didn't get traded by San fran to a new team. Kap gives money to charity that doesn't change the fact that he had more bad seasons than good. Kap gives money to charity that doesn't change the fact that he had said lots of socialist rhetoric publicly. Enough socialist rhetoric that would get a normal person fired from an office job. Kap gives money to charity ,so what. It has nothing to do with anything. Kap has made so much money he can give away millions of dollars and still never has to work again. Yet somehow he is a victim? Multi millionaires are only victims of the tax man .

Last edited by EL CABONG; 08-06-2018 at 10:39 AM..
Old 08-06-2018, 10:40 AM   #18
wunshot
Subscriber

As a niners fan I will tell you this guy was completely one dimensional. His first year stats were great, until D-coordinators had film on him. Then every single defense just collapsed the right side of the pocket and forced him to roll out to his left. He had zero touch on the ball, so he couldn't make the run and throw plays needed to counteract that strategy. This makes his worth much lower, and when coupled with his socialist beliefs and his insistence on being a spectacle, teams decided to just go in a safer direction. End of story.
wunshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 10:42 AM   #19
wunshot
Subscriber

I always tell people who have an issue with Kaep's treatment to start protesting their pet cause at work and see how long it takes before they are ushered out the door. If social media has shown us anything it is that we cant agree on anything. Workplaces will devolve into chaos if people are allowed to protest whatever they feel is important at work.
wunshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 11:06 AM   #20
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by wunshot View Post
...until d-coordinators had film on him.
This .
Quote:

Tags
ea sports, madden 19