24 Replies, 1,205 Views
John Romero Releasing...
Last post by Laz
Today 01:17 AM
18 Replies, 1,078 Views

Old 06-21-2018, 12:45 PM   #21
RAV
Dread Lord

As far as games go, there was a game for the original Xbox, that focused on a Commando squad of the Republic. Looked pretty badass.
I mean, you'd assume, because it's not about jedi, it's just like any other sci-fi or shooter game. but it actually did work in its own right as a Starwars flavour.

RAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 01:58 PM   #22
ashikenshin
Evil Dead

They had to stop making these films. With solo losing about 200 million bucks, all the profits from the last garbage are fading away. Toy sales are down, all merchandise is being sold at huge discounts. The can't lose much more money like this.

GG at the folks at LucasFilm for turning a very profitable and valuable franchise into a mediocre one.

Now they have to get rid of KK and RJ and all the idiots who were involved in making the vomit inducing garbage that is the last jedi. Then they can think about getting value out of the franchise once again.
ashikenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 04:03 PM   #23
Terran
Evil Dead

I have no idea where they go from TLJ. The entire rebellion is essentially dead. They've mutilated the story, the characters, the force-like balance between the empire and rebellion, etc., etc..

Botched it, they did.
Killed my interest, they have.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 05:03 PM   #24
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dag-Sabot View Post
There's a relief.
Yeah, Disney thought Star Wars was Marvel or something. Stupid greedy executives. Spitting out made for TV trash with unknown actors.
Old 06-21-2018, 05:05 PM   #25
Laz
Dread Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozgus View Post
I personally blame the patriarchy.
I blame the fans who bitch about anything and everything.
Laz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 05:06 PM   #26
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashikenshin View Post
Now they have to get rid of KK and RJ and all the idiots who were involved in making the vomit inducing garbage that is the last jedi. Then they can think about getting value out of the franchise once again.
TLJ was great. Jedi Mindfuck dusting off shoulder scene was the most memorable in Star Wars history.
Old 06-21-2018, 06:10 PM   #27
ashikenshin
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
TLJ was great. Jedi Mindfuck dusting off shoulder scene was the most memorable in Star Wars history.
It was great if your intention was to destroy the franchise. My little pony toys are outselling Star Wars toys. Hell, wall-mart sold black series figures at 3 cents. TLJ was the franchise killer.

And yeah, that scene was memorable, I can't remember a time when I cringed harder than that night.
ashikenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 07:48 PM   #28
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laz View Post
I blame the fans who bitch about anything and everything.
You can't blame the fans when they make up a tiny percentage of the ticket sales and will see anything. The mainstream lost interest because the movies aren't good enough. Think about how low mainstream standards are then realize Solo couldn't meet that. In the future Disney is going to scale these movies way back either by spacing them out more or gutting how much money is spent. Or they will find a way to raise ticket prices 100%.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 08:36 PM   #29
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGO View Post
Now see... that is why YOU don't have anything to do with Star Wars cannon or make Star Wars movies (thankfully). Hopefully, no suits with your thinking get a hold of budget and do a SW movie.
Prett sure you didn't read a thing I wrote.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 08:39 PM   #30
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
I guess we are polar opposites then. That was the worst scene in the worst movie?
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 08:51 PM   #31
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
Prett sure you didn't read a thing I wrote.
He's better off for it.
Quote:
Old 06-22-2018, 08:30 AM   #32
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
I have no idea where they go from TLJ. The entire rebellion is essentially dead. They've mutilated the story, the characters, the force-like balance between the empire and rebellion, etc., etc..

Botched it, they did.
Killed my interest, they have.
I have been saying that a lot, the storyline in Last Jedi just left the series in limbo. We should be seeing the big showdown between the Rebellion and the First Order in the new film, except there isn’t any Rebellion left and there aren’t any Jedi left and now that Luke, Leia and Han are all dead and Poe Dameron is an idiot there aren’t even any “heroes” left.

As a writer I would have gone over to Rian Johnson’s house and kicked the living crap out of him for 30 minutes knowing that now I have to somehow try to squeeze two movies worth of story into one “final” movie.

I think if they were smart, they should actually consider doing an Episode 9 and an Episode 10 and then call this series “done”. That would give them one film to build the rebellion back up and try to rescue the series with some characters with decent personalities (dump Rey and Finn off somewhere and be all like “we will be back to get you after we rebuild the rebellion and then just leave them out of the film) and then come back and do an Episode 10 with the showdown between the three new Heroes you just had to create and the First Order. You can then have a cameo from Fin and Rey during the final battle as fan service and mostly just keep them out of the way until that scene.

Fans of Finn and Rey would love it, because they come in to “save the day” at the last second and it “saves the day” for the rest of us because we get saved from having to sit through another three hour movie starring those two insufferable asshats. Win/Win.

JJ Abrams is really going to have his work cut out for him trying to salvage Star Wars. That and the firing of Kathleen Kennedy and Rian Johnson is no doubt why the other films have been put on temporary hold.

Disney is denying that those films are on hold, and I’m sure on paper they are still in development — it is just that development has been delayed for three or four months until they figure out who is going to be the new head of Lucasfilm.

So, I’m sure writing and pre-production for those two films will still be going on, but they won’t move forward with actual filming or casting until after the new studio head gets a look at the scripts and the directors to see if they can use them or of they will need new staff & new material.
Old 06-22-2018, 10:12 AM   #33
Dag-Sabot
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
Luke, Leia and Han are all dead
No Spoilers.
Old 06-22-2018, 10:29 AM   #34
Terran
Evil Dead

Mary Poppins in Space isn't dead in Star Wars...
Quote:
Old 06-23-2018, 10:38 PM   #35
Misanthropist
Evil Dead

im glad i downloaded the last jedi, but it is a sad day when i no longer look forward to anything star wars. oh well.
Misanthropist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 11:21 PM   #36
Sensei-X
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
JJ Abrams is really going to have his work cut out for him trying to salvage Star Wars. That and the firing of Kathleen Kennedy and Rian Johnson is no doubt why the other films have been put on temporary hold.
Well that would be a first since JJ Abrams hasn't even been able to finish a lot of his own material, usually giving up halfway and handing it off unceremoniously to someone else to try to figure out how to keep it going and just wrap it up at the end without any regard to quality. As for Kathleen Kennedy and Rian Johnson, that changes nothing, everything they've done has been no doubt done with the full approval of the house of mouse. This is nothing more than them bringing in someone else to give fans false hope and who they can then scapegoat if shit continues to go south.
Old 06-24-2018, 03:02 AM   #37
Eats
Developer

I don't get why they aren't copying the marvel model.

Having the big avenger style movies and then taking those characters and giving them their own movies and then bringing them back together.

Han Solo is dead, so no one feels like they should see a flashback solo movie that doesn't really tie in to the main story line.

The marvel model is working so well for them, idk why they aren't trying to duplicate their success.
Eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 06:31 AM   #38
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
idk why they aren't trying to duplicate their success.
You must be kidding. Are you conscious? They ARE attempting to duplicate the Marvel model. It's just failing, because they've given control of the IP to progressives who would rather insert social justice than entertainment into the films.

Progressives love preachy, didactic entertainment. They don't want you to have fun, they want you to be indoctrinated.
Quote:
Old 06-24-2018, 02:09 PM   #39
Eats
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
They ARE attempting to duplicate the Marvel model.
But the movies don't really tie together, they are just weird spin offs set in different time periods. The marvel model would be more like a poe damaran movie, a rey movie, a finn movie that take place in between the major avengers style movies.

They are just doing weird flash back movies that barely tie to the main story. All the characters in the ww2 style movie got killed, and it took place before the original movies. Solo also is a dead character and that took place before the originals as well. Those characters can't be in the next major film, it is just going to be the same underdeveloped poe, rey, finn, asian girl.

They aren't building up towards anything which is the marvel model.
Eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 03:43 PM   #40
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
But the movies don't really tie together
Of the four new films, two have been in the traditional 'sequence,' one was a 'prelude' to prior main storyline events (the Death Star plans), and one was an origin story (Solo). All of those are the same concepts Marvel is using.

Quote:
They aren't building up towards anything which is the marvel model.
Very true, and one of several reasons Star Wars just doesn't interest me much now.
Quote:

Tags
star wars