Thronebreaker: The...
Last post by Exodus
10-16-2018 11:39 AM
9 Replies, 1,666 Views

Old 06-20-2017, 01:20 PM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Diablo III: Rise of the Necromancer DLC Pack Arrives June 27th

Blizzard has announced that the Diablo III Rise of the Necromancer DLC pack will be released on June 27th for PC, PS4 and Xbox One.

Quote:
Steel your hearts and get ready to maintain the Balance, nephalem. We’re only a week away—The Rise of the Necromancer Pack is arriving June 27 on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One!

Comprised of controlled, calculating individuals, the Priests of Rathma have long known the true stakes at the heart of the Eternal Conflict. Known to uneducated outsiders as Necromancers, these masters of blood, bone, and the dark arts are often misunderstood. Driven to protect the Balance at all costs, those dedicated to walking this path see neither good nor evil in their actions; simply obedience to the cycle of being.

The Rise of the Necromancer is a purchasable content pack coming to Diablo III: Reaper of Souls and Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition. The pack will be available for purchase starting June 27, 2017 for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One, and will cost $14.99 USD.
Read on for the FAQ.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 02:02 PM   #2
Major Dan
Conductor Dan

Not free? Really? Wow.
Old 06-20-2017, 02:05 PM   #3
Major Dan
Conductor Dan

Oh well, at least there are some new "free" zones.
Old 06-20-2017, 02:44 PM   #4
MadMurdock_0311
Evil Dead

I think this is a test to see how the community feels about macro-transactions. The gaming industry keeps leaning further and further into this territory, and eventually will push me away from gaming.

I'm tired of day-one $DLC and Season Passes, even though I don't buy them... it's just telling of the future of my favorite hobby. Oh well, time to start going outdoors more often.
MadMurdock_0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 03:02 PM   #5
LostToys
Evil Dead

The thing that annoys me about not buying DLC or microtransactions (characters, outfits) is that overall my play experience is lower, but my wallet is fitter. I really miss the old days when you played to unlock all the contents on the disc and that was it until a substantial expansion pack or sequel was released. This drip feed of new content really makes me not want to play the game in the first place, or wait until the game is cheap and has all the extra content included.
LostToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 03:30 PM   #6
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

Meh, your money is better spent on Victor Vran. Sure it's simpler than Diablo III BUT it has a much better story, way better voice acting (same dude that does the Geralt in the Witcher!) and most importantly, the fun comes while playing, its not all about the "endgame".

Added bonus, if you buy the more expensive version you get a special Motorhead themed and orchestrated alternate story DLC and some other expansion.
Old 06-20-2017, 04:29 PM   #7
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostToys View Post
This drip feed of new content really makes me not want to play the game in the first place, or wait until the game is cheap and has all the extra content included.
This is what I do for titles that have major upcoming expansions, particularly RPGs like the Elder Scrolls or Fallout series, but also other games such as Civilization and the like. Give me an inexpensive GotYE or GTFO (I'm looking at you, Mass Effect 3).

That being said, I don't see this as much of an expansion. It has a new character, a few digital goodies (more stash space is nice, lol...always), and a couple of zones. The character is the central offering. I'm not sure it's enough for the price tag so I'm conflicted as to whether I'm going to buy it or not. I dropped back in yesterday after not having played for a few months and I had forgotten how stupidly annoying it is to get a competent PuG* that actually hangs together effectively rather than standing around doing nothing or dropping out like flies. I also find it pretty freaking annoying that people essentially carbon-copy their toons into one of a few dozen builds and if you vary from it some yahoo is sure to come along and wonder "WTF is wrong with you dude, rolling that dumbass ring on a _______ build....<drops out of group>" Gee, maybe not everyone rolls up a complete set/build in the first day of the season, ya jackwad!

So...I don't know. We'll see.

* Pick-up Group...public game with strangers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 03:14 PM   #8
MadMurdock_0311
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
Give me an inexpensive GotYE or GTFO
Now you're talking my language.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
I also find it pretty freaking annoying that people essentially carbon-copy their toons into one of a few dozen builds and if you vary from it some yahoo is sure to come along and wonder "WTF is wrong with you dude, rolling that dumbass ring on a _______ build....<drops out of group>"
I haven't witnessed this very much in Diablo 3, but I also haven't played much in the last year or two. (Seasons are repetitive, and don't offer enough reason for me to come back.) I see that kind of behavior more in WoW than any other game. Elitist 12-year-olds FTW.
MadMurdock_0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 03:53 PM   #9
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

If you don't have the game yet you can get the "Diablo III: Eternal Collection" for 40 bucks. (I'll watch the price and add it to the shopping guide articles.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard
Q: What is the Diablo III: Eternal Collection?
A: Players on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One will have the opportunity to purchase an all-in-one package in the Eternal Collection. This bundle includes both the Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition and the Rise of the Necromancer pack, and will be available at a special introductory price of $39.99 USD (reg. $59.99 SRP).
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blizzard entertainment, diablo 3, diablo iii