0 Replies, 151 Views
Liberals gone wild
Last post by Terran
Yesterday 02:21 PM
2,630 Replies, 320,500 Views

Old 01-12-2018, 04:31 PM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

The John Wick TV Show Is Really Happening With Keanu Reeves As Executive Producer

"Chris Collins (Sons of Anarchy) will serve as writer and showrunner on The Continental, with Reeves and John Wick screenwriter Derek Kolstad among the executive producers." GameSpot has the story.

Quote:
John Wick: Chapter 3 won't be in theaters until 2019, but the movie's universe is expanding. Starz has confirmed that it is currently developing a spin-off of the Keanu Reeves-starring action movie franchise. Previously, a TV adaptation had been in development as far back as June 2017, but now we know plans for the series are moving ahead.

The Continental will focus on the hotel for assassins from the first two John Wick films. In a press release, Starz says, "Set in a hyper-real version of Los Angeles, the series maintains the urgency of the action along with the dry humor from the John Wick movies."

"This series is truly unlike anything else on TV," Starz president and CEO Chris Albrecht says. "The Continental promises to include the thunderous fight sequences and intensely staged shootouts between professional assassins and their targets that fans have come to expect in the John Wick movie franchise as well as introducing some new, darkly compelling characters who inhabit this underground world."
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 04:51 PM   #2
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Just actually finally got around to watching the first movie last night. Was solid - I enjoyed it.

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 05:32 PM   #3
brandonjclark
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
Just actually finally got around to watching the first movie last night. Was solid - I enjoyed it.
Part 2 is even better.

This series kicks ass, I love it.

And now we'really getting a TV show about the universe' underground scene and most likely cameos of Wick himself.

I can't wait. The fighting is top notch, very heavy and the gunplay is inspired.
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 05:34 PM   #4
IGXGamingTV
Game. Stream. Beer.

Both movies were amazing and lots of kick assery in it, definitely hyped for the TV show!
Old 01-12-2018, 08:34 PM   #5
Terran
Evil Dead

This is one of my favorite film series right now, and one of the best I've seen Keanu in as well. Can't wait for this! High hopes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 11:10 PM   #6
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

Starz. So no one will ever see it. Great.
Old 01-13-2018, 06:54 AM   #7
ministryofwrath
Evil Dead

This is depressing, any time a great movie lowers down to TV it destroys its integrity.

It will be lower budget, watered down and full of drama to make you feel connected to the main characters emotionally, probably 1 to 3 of the characters will be air brushed models who have not even a pinch of the character john wick had, in the "down to earth everyday guy, but a secret assassin inside" kind of way.

perhaps i'm just grumpy for my age, I hope they at least finish off the movie for good before trashing the IP with "assassin for her" tampon edition of john wick.

We already had atomic bombed, we don't need another one.
ministryofwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 07:11 AM   #8
Terran
Evil Dead

I think perhaps you are being unnecessarily pessimistic. TV is actually undergoing a renaissance of sorts. Yes, there is more garbage than ever, but there have also been a number of series that would have never been possible decades ago that are just genius, like Stranger Things.

Have hope! There is at least a 1% chance of quality from this effort, and perhaps as high as 10%!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 09:44 AM   #9
Metal Jesus
Evil Dead

I enjoyed both movies...but by the end of the 2nd movie I kinda got fatigue from all the crazy action. I don't really think the premise has legs for a drawn-out tv series...
Old 01-13-2018, 12:00 PM   #10
brandonjclark
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Jesus View Post
I enjoyed both movies...but by the end of the 2nd movie I kinda got fatigue from all the crazy action. I don't really think the premise has legs for a drawn-out tv series...

That's a reasonable argument. The first movie spent time introducing us to the entire world, and the second did spend a lot of time on the action. To me that worked well.

But I agree, there needs to be more story, which I'm sure we'd see out of a TV series.
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 09:36 PM   #11
hund_
Evil Dead

I got your first episode all the brain damaged head shot survivors gang up to get revenge
Old 01-15-2018, 07:04 AM   #12
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ministryofwrath View Post
This is depressing, any time a great movie lowers down to TV it destroys its integrity.
20 years ago, I would have agreed with you. With the increase in overall quality and the fact that actors are now flocking toward TV series (in the same way they all flocked toward film two decades ago), TV is seeing a major resurgence as of late.

The budgets are higher, the writing is better and people are yearning for higher quality content.
Old 01-15-2018, 09:41 AM   #13
LostToys
Evil Dead

Budgets are higher but you are still not seeing the amount of money, let alone time, that is spent making a movie. Film productions still have more resources thrown into them. So televisions shows are starting to close the gap, but it is still pretty obvious when you are watching a made for TV movie/series than something that is meant to be shown in theaters.
LostToys is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
john wick