26 Replies, 2,483 Views
» Promotion

Old 10-17-2017, 08:04 PM   #41
LostToys
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAX View Post
Doesn't he launch K over the railing?
Shoots him over the railing, but that was more K's reaction than the actual shot.
LostToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 01:19 AM   #42
paragondk1
Dread Lord

Saw the movie yesterday.

Amazing sci-fi flick. Such a cool setting, cool scenes, tension, great up-close Harrison Ford (best I can recall!) and fantastic visuals and sound (and lack thereof for emphasis)... Just great! I loved it to bits.
paragondk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 09:53 AM   #43
Grumsh
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
Um... they don't really even answer that question. Leto's character hints that Decard is a replicant, just like Ridley Scott has been saying for 30+ years, but they never flat come right out and say it.

That's another glaring error in the film, it doesn't even answer one of the oldest fan questions of the first film.
Sometimes answering the question(s) is the wrong thing to do though. Not to hash that issue again look at the Matrix, first was fun, then they tries to explain things, and that sucked.

Not knowing what Deckard is, is part of the mystery, Blade runner was/is noir film I dare say at its best, the setting is a character as much as the characters themselves.

Honestly I am sick of zip wiz bang boom movies, I am so sick of Hollywood vomiting up the same plots that I don't even bother with theaters hardly anymore. Hell Star Wars episode seven is literally 90% of 4-6 rehashed all over again. Hey guys and gals a Death Star can't fail again can it?

My point is Blade runner tells an actual story with development that forces the audience to make their own conclusions instead of some hackwit Hollywood ads spoon feeding your ADHD brain the entire plot summary in 30 second explosion montage.

Ugh, I must be 40 now, now get off my damn lawn.

1:When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is probably wrong.
Grumsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 11:31 AM   #44
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

WB is pulling Blade Runner 2049 from over 800 theaters in the US this weekend and phasing it out entirely the following 2 weeks. Reportedly they are cutting their losses.

Still haven't seen it yet even though I want to. Leaning towards a Redbox rental because lately there has been no free time for me to go to a theater.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 11:33 AM   #45
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumsh View Post
I am so sick of Hollywood vomiting up the same plots that I don't even bother with theaters hardly anymore.
Sign up for MoviePass. Seriously. If you watch a single movie a month, you lose absolutely nothing. If you watch more, you get them free.

I've seen several movies I wouldn't have bothered spending money on, just for kicks and giggles. As I left I laughed because I'd used MoviePass; if I'd used my own cash, I'd have kicked myself.

Geostorm sucked. DO NOT SEE IT, lol. Boring, predictable end-of-world film with too little world ending special effects and a bunch of overacted nonsense. If I never see Jim Sturgess and his 'head cocked to the side, overacted intensity' ever again, it will be too soon, lol.
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 12:22 PM   #46
Grumsh
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
Sign up for MoviePass. Seriously. If you watch a single movie a month, you lose absolutely nothing. If you watch more, you get them free.

I've seen several movies I wouldn't have bothered spending money on, just for kicks and giggles. As I left I laughed because I'd used MoviePass; if I'd used my own cash, I'd have kicked myself.

Geostorm sucked. DO NOT SEE IT, lol. Boring, predictable end-of-world film with too little world ending special effects and a bunch of overacted nonsense. If I never see Jim Sturgess and his 'head cocked to the side, overacted intensity' ever again, it will be too soon, lol.
Cool, I might check it out, thanks!

1:When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is probably wrong.
Old 10-21-2017, 12:50 PM   #47
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumsh View Post
Sometimes answering the question(s) is the wrong thing to do though. Not to hash that issue again look at the Matrix, first was fun, then they tries to explain things, and that sucked.

Not knowing what Deckard is, is part of the mystery, Blade runner was/is noir film I dare say at its best, the setting is a character as much as the characters themselves.
I totally agree with that, which is why they never should have answered the question of who is Deckard's son/daughter in the movie. They should have left it open ended between several characters in the film to give people something to talk about for decades.

But, since is/isn't Deckard a replicant becoming kind of one of the central fan discussions, I think they should have answered that question and left us with the son/daughter question instead. Trade one mystery for another. That would have been a good story element for the sequel.

Personally, I say that he isn't. The writer said he isn't and there are no indications in the original cut that he is and the whole "dream" thing with the horse just isn't enough to go off of.
Old 10-22-2017, 08:22 PM   #48
Grumsh
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
I totally agree with that, which is why they never should have answered the question of who is Deckard's son/daughter in the movie. They should have left it open ended between several characters in the film to give people something to talk about for decades.

But, since is/isn't Deckard a replicant becoming kind of one of the central fan discussions, I think they should have answered that question and left us with the son/daughter question instead. Trade one mystery for another. That would have been a good story element for the sequel.

Personally, I say that he isn't. The writer said he isn't and there are no indications in the original cut that he is and the whole "dream" thing with the horse just isn't enough to go off of.
I can't really argue those points, much 😁

Tags
blade runner 2049, pure evil