Metro Exodus goes gold,...
Last post by Azrael
Today 04:44 AM
8 Replies, 689 Views

Old 06-24-2017, 02:30 PM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Hits Four Million Copies Sold

Bluehole's last-man-standing shooter PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds has reached four million copies sold since it was launched via Steam Early Access three months ago. Game Informer has the story of PC Master Race supremacy.

Quote:
The last-man-standing shooter has achieved an inordinate amount of success with its stint in Early Access. Bluehole Studio originally launched the Early Access of PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds on Steam on March 23, and in that three month span, it has already accumulated a whopping $100 million in revenue. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds has peaked at 230,000 concurrent users on Steam with over 100,000 sessions played daily.

"I genuinely appreciate all the love and support the fans have shown to PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds," stated Chang Han Kim, Vice President and Executive Producer for Bluehole. "Our team is working passionately to deliver a stable gameplay experience as we prepare our full launch later this year."
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 03:54 PM   #2
brandonjclark
Subscriber

I heard this is pretty good. Anyone have any time with oit?
brandonjclark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 04:17 PM   #3
Methos
Savior of Boleteria

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjclark View Post
I heard this is pretty good. Anyone have any time with oit?

I only play with my friends and family; but its a lot of fun. Games never last more then 20-30 minutes; and there is a thrill and sense of urgency when the game is nearly over. It's worth it.
Methos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 05:31 PM   #4
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

My friend's quite like it and have nothing but good things to say. However I can't justify the price tag they have on it for an early access title.
Mozain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 05:54 PM   #5
HillTribe
Evil Dead

Its really good. If it just released as is it would be well worth the price tag, but the updates keep coming and there is a lot of cool features in the pipe line.

The game is unforgiving and proud of it, but within a minute of getting killed you can be in a new game ready to try again. The weapons feel solid, are customisable and are different enough from eachother to fill those niches.

The firefights are intense to say the least. Some of my funnest moments in any shooter have been in this game. The night I won a solo game with 10 kills I almost yelled with joy but my heart was thumping so hard I had to slow down and collect myself. In-fucking-tense

As is, worth every penny and then some.
HillTribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 06:14 PM   #6
brandonjclark
Subscriber

Those are some really good endorsements. But, being an early access game, are there many bugs? I have little patience for bugs in my old age.
brandonjclark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 06:38 PM   #7
HillTribe
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjclark View Post
Those are some really good endorsements. But, being an early access game, are there many bugs? I have little patience for bugs in my old age.
I haven't experienced many bugs first hand. The only one I could think of is when your parachuting down and just miss a building your trying to land on and you get "stuck." But within a few seconds your given the option to cut your para cord and drop down. So it could be just a part of the game without proper animations yet, idk.

The biggest gripe would have to have been the optimization. But over the last several weeks it has gotten much better as they have been really focusing on it.
HillTribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 12:58 AM   #8
Lind
Lurker

Big thumbs up from me as well for this game.

Early access yes but they could release today and nobody would bat an eye tbh. Some minor things here and there but weekly patches for bugs and montly for some new features like more guns and they also have a solid roadmap of where they want to go next.
Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 08:13 AM   #9
ministryofwrath
Evil Dead

My go to game, ordered the delux edition.

I'm sold, this game has a dev who loves modders, fully supports the community and what they have to say, and I've seen it in action, his list of things to add to the game is amazing and yet when playing it you'd bet it's 99% finished.

Based on battle royal style fighting, 1 life to live, somewhat realistic combat.

I'm all in, I doubt any other game will knock this out of my number one spot for competitive shooter
ministryofwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 11:35 AM   #10
waznpride
Squire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ministryofwrath View Post
My go to game, ordered the delux edition.
There's a deluxe edition???

I absolutely love this game! 131+ hrs spent already. Sometimes it gets frustrating, especially dying at the beginning due to the high desync when all 100 players are alive at the same time and trying to loot. But play this with friends (yes, there's a team matchmaking feature, but that's a HUGE gamble you don't find another douchebag on the other end) for the best experience and learn call-outs and compass directions!
waznpride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 02:42 PM   #11
davidj.dk
Evil Dead

i now got 92 hours of gameplay in this game, and i am still having tons of fun with it.

I dont buy into early access and i dont pre-order games, so my friend bought this to me.. However, I would buy this game 2-3 times and should they (by some unfortunate event) not be able to finish the game, i'd still be quite satisfied with the purchase..
davidj.dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 02:43 PM   #12
davidj.dk
Evil Dead

in regards to bugs..

Yes, it has some bugs (minor mostly). i've had a couple of crashed but I'd say it has less bugs than some major titles have on release.

totally worth getting
davidj.dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 01:16 AM   #13
ministryofwrath
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by waznpride View Post
There's a deluxe edition???

I absolutely love this game! 131+ hrs spent already. Sometimes it gets frustrating, especially dying at the beginning due to the high desync when all 100 players are alive at the same time and trying to loot. But play this with friends (yes, there's a team matchmaking feature, but that's a HUGE gamble you don't find another douchebag on the other end) for the best experience and learn call-outs and compass directions!
Yeah, that was before you could order it on steam, you get the trench coat with a hood, the gray shirt, red shoes and tan jeans, and the red mask.

that's why they're going for so much on the steam market place these days, they're limited but the player base keeps growing.

I haven't decided if I'm going to sell them or not : D
ministryofwrath is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battlegrounds, bluehole, inc., pc master race, playerunknown's, steam