Last post by Chief Smash
Yesterday 08:22 AM
12 Replies, 619 Views

Old 04-06-2020, 08:04 PM   #801
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
Ok, this is going in weird circles. I've been asking you to explain what you think happened and you just keep deflecting. I don't understand why unless your reason is something crazy.

I don't understand why he wouldn't first try the chain of command, and you don't seem to have any reason for why he didn't, and also no proof that he didn't exhaust official channels first.

So unless you want to present a logical version of events that explains your thinking then there isn't much more to talk about.
Weird circles? I'm simply asking that you be held to the very standards you demand of others. It's really, really weird that you seemingly refuse to provide any proof to your claim and absolutely refuse to acknowledge that. It's just odd, why would a person make claims and them act like that? Weird. Let me post what you asserted again so you have yet another chance to provide proof to support them:
Quote:
I understand that his decision saved lives and cost us basically nothing strategically.
Prove it.

Quote:
He certainly went through the proper channels first and was ignored, and then he fell on his sword to try to save them.
Prove it.

Stop acting like an insane person and provide proof to your assertions.
VenomUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 08:09 PM   #802
Eats
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardedSonOfNel View Post
He (Eats) will not provide links, or answer your question. He deflects when he doesn't have an answer or he doesn't like the answer. While I don't have him on ignore, I just don't respond anymore. It's like talking to a wall.
I've been asking him for his motive forever.

He is the one not answering here.

I don't know what happened exactly but nothing else makes any sense with the currently known facts.
Eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 08:11 PM   #803
Eats
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomUSMC View Post
Prove it.

Prove it.
I didn't really think this was going to be a huge dispute, and I thought everyone assumed the same thing with the set of known facts. The only thing that makes any sense is that he went through chain of command first and then sent the email when that didn't work. I can't prove that, but I can't prove that the law of gravity will continue to function in an hour either. People tend to do things that make sense. What you are saying he did doesn't make sense.

If you have some alternative motive for why he completely destroyed his career then lets hear it.
Old 04-06-2020, 08:12 PM   #804
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

Quote:
He (Eats) will not provide links, or answer your question. He deflects when he doesn't have an answer or he doesn't like the answer. While I don't have him on ignore, I just don't respond anymore. It's like talking to a wall.
Seems you're correct. It's really weird, seeming to pretend that he either hasn't be asked to provide proof to answer those questions or simply pretending that he has done so. Maybe some sort of delusional state he's in?
Old 04-06-2020, 08:34 PM   #805
Eats
Developer

What happened? I responded to you and now you are gone?
Old 04-06-2020, 08:35 PM   #806
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Present proof of this. Your proof can't be anecdotal.
I presented proof, you ran.

Quote:
Ok, this is going in weird circles.
You're asked for proof, you run.

Funny. Same response from the resident asshole-in-chief of the boards here. Run, run, run.

Quote:
I don't know what happened exactly but nothing else makes any sense with the currently known facts.
Eats-speak (that's 'Two-year-old' speak, folks): ' My version of events is the right one. If I want proof, you will give it and I will decide if it is acceptable. If you want proof, my version is all you'll get. Nothing else makes sense but my version of events!'

Dumb, useless idiot. See my sig. for all you need to know about Eats.

Don't be that guy:

Quote:
"...boys lining up outside a room to take a turn gang raping a woman?...I went to frat parties where shit like this was going down
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 08:43 PM   #807
Eats
Developer

I answered venom pretty clearly. I didn't answer you because I haven't gotten around to it yet. I do appreciate that you provided real evidence. I will come back to it with a rebuttal, but your evidence requires research because your source has a lot of bias so I need to look into it further. Heritage is a conservative think tank so it isn't necessarily being fair.

I believe it could be true with the civil rights department, though the ACLU is not liberal or conservative, but I want to look into it more.
Old 04-06-2020, 08:50 PM   #808
Eats
Developer

Also Terran you didn't really feel the same way about the chain of command when a seal murdered a prisoner of war, a clear violation of orders.
Old 04-06-2020, 08:59 PM   #809
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

Quote:
I didn't really think this was going to be a huge dispute, and I thought everyone assumed the same thing with the set of known facts. The only thing that makes any sense is that he went through chain of command first and then sent the email when that didn't work. I can't prove that, but I can't prove that the law of gravity will continue to function in an hour either. People tend to do things that make sense. What you are saying he did doesn't make sense.
I can understand why you didn't really think this was going to be a "huge dispute," because it appears you rarely put much thought into claims you like to fire off. Ever had a conversation with someone where a topic is discussed and they're making a variety of claims, only to offer a claim that's counter to their position and suddenly they require the know which exact study supports that stance all while never requiring that for their position? Yes, that's you.

Here are you claims again:
Quote:
Quote:
I understand that his decision saved lives and cost us basically nothing strategically.
Quote:
He certainly went through the proper channels first and was ignored, and then he fell on his sword to try to save them.
You claimed that he saved the lives of his men -- and at no strategic cost! You didn't think that would be disputed? That's a crazy assumption, especially since the topic revolves around a nuclear aircraft carrier. Where is your proof that there was no strategic cost? Where is the proof he saved lives?
You declared that he "certainly went through proper channels," when this runs counter to open reporting from the Navy on this. Do you have proof that his immediate superior is lying?

It's quite clear you cannot distinguish fact from pure conjecture. You're stating that "the only thing that makes any sense is that he went through the chain of command first," and that claim of yours is contradicted by statements by members of his very chain of command.

So, you know, none of this is similar to how you can't provide the law of gravity will continue to function in an hour.

Quote:
If you have some alternative motive for why he completely destroyed his career then lets hear it.
Saying he completely destroyed his career is an...... assumption.

The sailor's letter contains:
A claim that the Navy had already removed some identified as infected (hey, do you think this is evidence that he knew that Navy had a plan regarding this situation?).
Acknowledge that it's an extraordinary measure to essentially sideline a carrier like this (hey, do you think this is evidence that he understood the strategic impact of having a nuclear powered carrier out of commission?).
Acknowledge the "current strategy" (hey, do you think that means he knew there was a strategy in place by the Navy?). That point brings me to a previous statement by you:
Quote:
If the Captain knew the navy was already sending help then why send the letter at all? Your weird explanation doesn't fit the known facts at all.
There are two options: (1) you have read the letter or (2) your reading comprehension is so bad you couldn't understand the letter. If you had read it or could understand it, you'd know the sailor explicitly states "Current Strategy," referencing the Navy's current strategy in his letter. That would mean.... he knew that the Navy was already sending help.

Quote:
I answered venom pretty clearly.
No, you didn't. You shot out yet more idiocy. Try again.

Lets face it, you've done your usual thing: you read a headline that fits your angle, don't really read the details, and drop it in here. Refer to your two options above.
Old 04-06-2020, 11:16 PM   #810
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

We all know Eats and facts are like oil and water. Eats, give Soros back his paychecks, as a DNC operative you're fucking terrible at it.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 01:19 AM   #811
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

#1 he wasn’t “fired”, he was relieved of his command of his vessel, #2 he violated operational security protocols, #3 he bypassed his chain of command, #4 he took a ship of the line out of service and off sea duty without permission. #5 he will get disciplined via military justice system once he’s out of quarantine / hospital.

This is reality Eats. Not what you try and pass off as reality with each and every shitpost you make.
Old 04-07-2020, 03:27 AM   #812
Eats
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
#1 he wasn’t “fired”, he was relieved of his command of his vessel, #2 he violated operational security protocols, #3 he bypassed his chain of command, #4 he took a ship of the line out of service and off sea duty without permission. #5 he will get disciplined via military justice system once he’s out of quarantine / hospital.

This is reality Eats. Not what you try and pass off as reality with each and every shitpost you make.
I agree, except I hadn't heard about #4 and Trump is talking about intervening. If he doesn't intervene I expect this guy will be either kicked out or put into some kind of nothing position until he resigns.
Old 04-07-2020, 03:29 AM   #813
Eats
Developer

Quote:
I can understand why you didn't really think this was going to be a "huge dispute," because it appears you rarely put much thought into claims you like to fire off. Ever had a conversation with someone where a topic is discussed and they're making a variety of claims, only to offer a claim that's counter to their position and suddenly they require the know which exact study supports that stance all while never requiring that for their position? Yes, that's you.

Here are you claims again:
You claimed that he saved the lives of his men -- and at no strategic cost! You didn't think that would be disputed? That's a crazy assumption, especially since the topic revolves around a nuclear aircraft carrier. Where is your proof that there was no strategic cost? Where is the proof he saved lives?
You declared that he "certainly went through proper channels," when this runs counter to open reporting from the Navy on this. Do you have proof that his immediate superior is lying?

It's quite clear you cannot distinguish fact from pure conjecture. You're stating that "the only thing that makes any sense is that he went through the chain of command first," and that claim of yours is contradicted by statements by members of his very chain of command.

So, you know, none of this is similar to how you can't provide the law of gravity will continue to function in an hour.

Saying he completely destroyed his career is an...... assumption.

The sailor's letter contains:
A claim that the Navy had already removed some identified as infected (hey, do you think this is evidence that he knew that Navy had a plan regarding this situation?).
Acknowledge that it's an extraordinary measure to essentially sideline a carrier like this (hey, do you think this is evidence that he understood the strategic impact of having a nuclear powered carrier out of commission?).
Acknowledge the "current strategy" (hey, do you think that means he knew there was a strategy in place by the Navy?). That point brings me to a previous statement by you:
There are two options: (1) you have read the letter or (2) your reading comprehension is so bad you couldn't understand the letter. If you had read it or could understand it, you'd know the sailor explicitly states "Current Strategy," referencing the Navy's current strategy in his letter. That would mean.... he knew that the Navy was already sending help.

No, you didn't. You shot out yet more idiocy. Try again.

Lets face it, you've done your usual thing: you read a headline that fits your angle, don't really read the details, and drop it in here. Refer to your two options above.

What the fuck is this? Just explain why you think the captain did the things he did. What do you think his motivations were?

I already told you I don't have proof beyond the known facts, and it doesn't make sense to me that he would torch his own career before trying to use the chain of command. Or do you think he did use the chain of command and the Navy told him they weren't going to put everyone in a 14 day isolation and the sailors wouldn't be able follow CDC guidelines because that would involve sidelining the vessel, so he had to go public to force them to do it? It seems like you don't think that, so I don't understand what you think happened. If the Navy was already going to do that then why send the letter? It makes no sense.

Either I don't understand your position or you are just a clown show. The Navy did evacuate the carrier, presumably because of his letter, because nothing else makes any sense. Otherwise there was no reason to send the letter. So he probably did save lives.

Last edited by Eats; 04-07-2020 at 04:12 AM..
Old 04-07-2020, 03:53 AM   #814
Eats
Developer

https://www.newsweek.com/swedish-hos...ffects-1496368

This is why it doesn't make sense to keep pumping this drug in the news cycle so tons of people demand it from hospitals. The evidence about whether it works is all over the place and inconclusive.

It seems smart to stockpile it right now, but maybe it isn't such a great idea for Trump to constantly tell everyone to take it. For all we know it is doing more harm than good, especially in certain populations.
Old 04-07-2020, 04:53 AM   #815
Eats
Developer

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-sma...043142804.html

Keepin it 100
Old 04-07-2020, 05:59 AM   #816
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
I answered venom pretty clearly. I didn't answer you
You haven't answered SHIT. He asked for proof, you offered NONE. You asked me for proof, I offered it directly. Fuck off.

Quote:
Also Terran you didn't really feel the same way about the chain of command when a seal murdered a prisoner of war, a clear violation of orders.
Is there anything you can't get wrong, you dumb fuck?

Medic testifies HE KILLED the individual, not Gallagher. I'm not big on sending the guy who didn't commit a murder to jail for murder, moron.

Fucking idiot. Drugs have side effects. Antibiotics can cause severe reactions in some people. We use them despite this if they work. We're still figuring out the science of hydrochloroquine, but it has promise and needs further investigating (which it is getting).

Tool.

Quote:
You complete, total, fucking idiot tool.

Noted right winger and Trumpist acolyte GEORGE CONWAY*: "He owns some mutual funds that hold Sanofi. And the med is off-patent. The suggestion that this is significant is a huge stretch."

GTFO of here with your dumbass nonsense.

* For those living under a rock, George Conway, wife of Kellyanne Conway, cannot STAND Trump and has been just about his harshest critic for Trump's entire administration.

Quote:
Evidence of this is above in this post.

* His criticism of a SEAL murder case getting the facts completely wrong.
* His criticism of investigating a drug intervention for Wuhan virus, wrong again.
* His criticism of "TRUMP BENEFITS FINANCIALLY HUR HUR GOT HIM!" wrong again.

These people are so deranged Trump had to allow them to write his hotels out of the hotel money offered to ALL HOTELS in the stimulus. Unbelievable TDS man...amazing.

Don't be that guy:

Quote:
"...boys lining up outside a room to take a turn gang raping a woman?...I went to frat parties where shit like this was going down

Last edited by Terran; 04-07-2020 at 06:09 AM..
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 06:45 AM   #817
Chief Smash
Subscriber

Quote:
Yeah this is really the best advice I think. I'm done too, and this time I'm actually going to stick to it as I'm just spending too much time here lately.

Eats, you are intellectually dishonest and seemingly not equipped to truly debate these topics. You simply assume your position is correct without providing any clear logic or evidence as to why anyone should agree. When someone presents you with logic or proof, you simply dismiss it and then come back later to start a new argument which you will not finish. You are either a troll or you are convinced that you are intellectually superior and doing battle with evil conservatives. Again, I hope you are a troll because the alternative is honestly sad as your arguments are continually dismantled here and you don't even seem to have the capability of understanding how it happens.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 07:11 AM   #818
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
I agree, except I hadn't heard about #4 and Trump is talking about intervening. If he doesn't intervene I expect this guy will be either kicked out or put into some kind of nothing position until he resigns.
Of course you hadn't because as usual you don't know the facts on any topic you discuss, just parroting regressive talking points. You're a liar Eats, we all know this, and you simply believe lying is fine as long as it pushes your ideology. You're a joke and a piece of shit.
Old 04-07-2020, 08:40 AM   #819
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

Quote:
What the fuck is this? Just explain why you think the captain did the things he did. What do you think his motivations were?
I think your opening question answers your closeout statement.

Quote:
Quote:
I already told you I don't have proof beyond the known facts, and it doesn't make sense to me that he would torch his own career before trying to use the chain of command.
Quote:
The Navy did evacuate the carrier, presumably because of his letter, because nothing else makes any sense. Otherwise there was no reason to send the letter. So he probably did save lives.
You keep mentioning these "known facts," but when you actually try to cite something specific instead of simply using the phrase "known facts," you often contradict actual known facts about this topic. Even your attempt to say that you "don't have proof beyond the known facts" is the act of a weasel, because you don't have any proof for the claims you've made that I have repeatedly quoted. Period. In fact, the actual known facts contradict your asserts. I'm going to quote them again for you, because you're easily confused.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The "known facts" do not support your claims. Here are some actual known facts:
The Navy had already removed sailors from the ship prior to the letter's release.
The Navy had a strategy to handle the illness and the sailor was aware of it prior to the letter's release.
The sailor titled his letter "REQUEST FOR ASSITANCE IN RESPONSE TO COVID-19 PANDEMIC," reportedly sending it out to 20 - 30 individuals, with "Dear Fellow Naval Aviators." Who was not on this email? Modly or his Chief of Staff Love, who had already been in contact with the sailor prior to the letter going out.
The sailor's immediate superior had not cleared nor discussed such a letter being sent out.
There have been no reported hospitalizations concerning his infected crew, the Navy was already removing sailors and had a strategy in place, negating your claim that his actions "saved lives."
The carrier carries roughly 4,000 people on it.

As you can see, the actual facts run counter to your specific claims.

Your position is that this sailor would not have sent out this letter prior to utilizing his chain of command. The actual known facts support the position that he did not utilize his chain of command prior to sending the letter. Your logic was that he wouldn't do such a thing, but it's exactly what he's known to have done.

Quote:
Or do you think he did use the chain of command and the Navy told him they weren't going to put everyone in a 14 day isolation and the sailors wouldn't be able follow CDC guidelines because that would involve sidelining the vessel, so he had to go public to force them to do it?

It seems like you don't think that, so I don't understand what you think happened. If the Navy was already going to do that then why send the letter? It makes no sense.
You still have not read the letter, have you? I know that he did not properly utilize his chain of command. If you knew actual known facts about this situation you'd know that as well.

Quote:
Either I don't understand your position or you are just a clown show.
I think it's more likely that you don't understand my position because you're a clown.

Your problem remains that you don't really appear to read much regarding the situations you then wish to bring to this board. This is just the latest example of you trying to weasel your way around an argument by claiming "the facts" as a phrase, while making individual claims that can be proven to be wrong per the actual facts.

Quote:
You do not understand the difference between not going up one's chain of command and violating orders, do you? As correctly pointed out by Terran, the corpsman testified that he was the person to kill the ISIS member. Concerning your foolishness here, it made it apparent that I should point something out about the removal of the Captain that was running the carrier: he was removed due to a loss in confidence precisely because he illustrated poor judgement by sending his letter. The world is now aware that there is a nuclear powered carrier that is essentially dead in the water.

Do you still believe that this sailor, the Captain that was in charge of the carrier, exhausted his options that went up his chain of command correctly prior to sending out this email? Do you now believe that the Navy had a strategy and was removing sailors from the ship prior to the letter being sent, or do you believe the removed sailor was lying about that?
Old 04-07-2020, 09:02 AM   #820
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Y U Mad tHo?

Hate the game not the player my dude. Niggas be hungry out hur and you up in here acting liek a bitch bitch.