Game & Movie Releases...
Last post by Evil Avatar
Today 09:04 AM
5 Replies, 413 Views

Old 04-04-2018, 08:37 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Spider-Man Swings onto the PS4 September 7th

Sony has announced that their PlayStation exclusive Spider-Man game will be heading to retail stores on September 7th for $59.99. A deluxe and collector's edition of the game will also be available.

Quote:
You’ll see this cover adorning the standard edition of Marvel’s Spider-Man when it is available at retail and digitally for $59.99 MSRP. While many of you have been asking us to show the cover for the game, many more have wondered: will there be digital deluxe and collector’s editions of the game? You betcha, true believers — we’ve got both.

The Digital Deluxe edition of the game ($79.99 MSRP) will include a copy of the game as well as new story chapters with our post-launch DLC series – Marvel’s Spider-Man: The City That Never Sleeps. That’s right, we’ll be supporting the game post-launch and you’ll be getting three new chapters each with new missions, new villains and characters, and additional suits for Spider-Man. More details on that a bit later down the road. Buyers who pre-order the Digital Deluxe edition will also receive by mail a limited edition collectible pin (only available to residents of US and Canada) featuring Spider-Man as he appears on the cover art for the game.

Of course, for those collectors out there who want an incredible Spider-Man collectible alongside Marvel’s Spider-Man, we have just the edition for you. The Collector’s Edition ($149.99 MSRP, while supplies last) includes all of the digital content from the Digital Deluxe Edition, as well as a Steelbook case featuring the iconic white spider, Mini Artbook from Titan Books, and an awesome Marvel’s Spider-Man statue by Gentle Giant. Pay extra special attention to the statue though and you’ll notice something is obviously missing. We haven’t revealed the entire statue for the Collector’s Edition, just Spider-Man perched on top of something. What could that be? It’s too spoilery to show you now, but stay tuned!

That said – no matter where you buy it, or which edition you get, you have a chance to grab these pre-order items. Whether it’s a Spidey-Suit Pack featuring Spider-Punk, as well as a couple suits we will reveal this summer, the Spider-Drone gadget, a PSN avatar, an original PS4 theme designed by renowned comic book artist Adi Granov, or just some extra skill points to unlock faster web-swinging sooner – our pre-order bonus is the total package. Check out this video of Spider-Punk and its suit ability in action below.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 08:37 AM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Old 04-04-2018, 08:38 AM   #3
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Old 04-04-2018, 10:56 AM   #4
LostToys
Evil Dead

Fuck yeah! I am so excited for this game.
LostToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 11:56 AM   #5
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Tempted to spring for the deluxe edition to get the steelbook. I wonder if I could sell all the other junk?
Old 04-04-2018, 11:59 AM   #6
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

I will probably not go for the big box, it is almost the price of a new console and I have been tempted to get the PS4 Pro or an Xbox One S for Sea of Thieves.
Old 04-04-2018, 01:26 PM   #7
LostToys
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
Tempted to spring for the deluxe edition to get the steelbook. I wonder if I could sell all the other junk?
It would likely be cheaper if you just bought the steelbook from someone. You see these on eBay all the time. Or wait for a potential blowout on Fry's or Amazon.com where you can find Collector's Editions for $50.00 a year or two later as they try to clear out inventory space.
LostToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 02:53 PM   #8
Silverbaine
Evil Dead

Evil, Why not just get Sea of Thieves for PC?
Silverbaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 06:59 PM   #9
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbaine View Post
Evil, Why not just get Sea of Thieves for PC?
I may do that, I ordered a new controller to use with it.
Old 04-04-2018, 07:18 PM   #10
karaliusbronius
Evil Dead

I'm pretty excited for the game but Spider Punk looks pretty dumb.
karaliusbronius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 07:47 PM   #11
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

I could not be less interested in this game, but I hope it's good for the sake of comic book licenses in relation to games. The one good thing about comic book games is that they often dig a little deeper into the lore.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 12:50 AM   #12
Scherge
Subscriber

I really, REALLY hope this one's going to be great, but all I've seen so far are flashy visuals and lots and lots of quick-time events. It's worth noting that I'm not expecting a deep combat system, and I'm willing to forgive a lot of QTEs and bad camera angles if we get a web swinging system on par with "Spider-Man 2" or, even better if I remember correctly, "Spider-Man 3". I'm not worried about the story, by the way. The "Mr. Negative" angle promises ample drama and an endless supply of henchmen to web up.

As for these collector's/deluxe editions, though... I'm not entirely sure why, but I loathe the idea of seeing Spidey in a suit that doesn't fit the universe or story. This is especially true if the suit doesn't have any particular advantages like protection against bullets (Spider-Armor), flight (Captain Universe outfit) or added coolness (Spider-Ham). Offering these gadgets as DLC all but guarantees that they will not be woven into the narrative!

Besides: What's the point of making the CE available for pre-order now if some of the content won't be revealed before July? There's still time to pre-order the box/digital package then.
Old 04-05-2018, 09:00 AM   #13
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by karaliusbronius View Post
I'm pretty excited for the game but Spider Punk looks pretty dumb.
I just took that as a good sign that the game will have tons of Spider costumes to unlock.
Old 04-05-2018, 09:15 AM   #14
Scherge
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
I just took that as a good sign that the game will have tons of Spider costumes to unlock.
... to buy, you mean.
Old 04-09-2018, 04:27 PM   #15
MadMurdock_0311
Evil Dead

I pre-ordered the collectors edition. Fuck it. I'm excited for this game. If the reviews are awful, I will cancel the pre-order, but with my GCU discount, I figured this would be worth it (to me).
MadMurdock_0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 10:53 AM   #16
Silverbaine
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMurdock_0311 View Post
I pre-ordered the collectors edition. Fuck it. I'm excited for this game. If the reviews are awful, I will cancel the pre-order, but with my GCU discount, I figured this would be worth it (to me).
I just want the collector's edition to come through Amazon. I have giftcards to spend!
Silverbaine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
spider-man