Pedro Pascal’s...
Last post by Terran
Yesterday 03:02 PM
4 Replies, 886 Views

Old 04-13-2018, 09:52 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Incredibles 2 Official Trailer #Incredibles2

Watch the brand new trailer for Disney/Pixar's Incredibles 2, coming to theatres in 3D June 15!
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 12:04 PM   #2
Chief Smash
Evil Dead

Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised but this just doesn't look like the sequel we were basically asking for back when it was actually warranted.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 01:12 PM   #3
Terran
Evil Dead

Oh boy, it looks like they've gone full on 'Bumbling stay-at-home dad' mode here. :facepalm: A completely unique plot device! :facepalm:

Giving people more of their own money...WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS? :D
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 04:43 PM   #4
ashikenshin
Subscriber

Jurassic Park 2 all over again.
ashikenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 05:19 PM   #5
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Silly people, stay at home dads can't raise kids right and here's another movie to prove it! Also they are all henpecked by their wives and their kids are all temperamental and moody and (stereotype) and (stereotype).

Still, looks like another hit for Pixar and Disney. I'll watch it and probably love every minute
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 06:15 PM   #6
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
Oh boy, it looks like they've gone full on 'Bumbling stay-at-home dad' mode here. :facepalm: A completely unique plot device! :facepalm:
To be fair, elastigirl was also somewhat of a bumbling stay-at-home mom. The Par's were in disarray. That was the arc of them film. They go from Par to Incredible... which is a pun I just realized while writing this paragraph.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 08:13 AM   #7
Chief Smash
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
To be fair, elastigirl was also somewhat of a bumbling stay-at-home mom. The Par's were in disarray. That was the arc of them film. They go from Par to Incredible... which is a pun I just realized while writing this paragraph.
How was she a bumbling mom? I believe the writers were pretty clear in showing that, though she claimed she was never going to settle down, she actually did so and quite well. And Mr. Incredible, who wanted to settle down, had difficulty doing so.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 11:58 AM   #8
makkura
Dread Lord

the greater good ? I AM YOUR WIFE ! I'M THE GREATEST GOOD YOU ARE EVER GONNA GET !
makkura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 12:54 PM   #9
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
To be fair
Fuck fairness. Life's not fair. I don't care about fair. I pointed out that they're using a tired old plot device of the bumbling stay at home dad, and it's really pathetic that's the best they could come up with after waiting over a decade for a sequel.

Hollyweird just isn't very creative, nor is it brave. It's predictable and tired.

They should have set it in Tibet and had a storyline about saving the Dalai Lama from Chinese agents, with Richard Gere as a new character's voice (maybe the Lama himself!). That would have been gutsy, and brave, and...dare I say it...creative and interesting.

Giving people more of their own money...WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS? :D
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 01:46 PM   #10
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
How was she a bumbling mom? I believe the writers were pretty clear in showing that, though she claimed she was never going to settle down, she actually did so and quite well. And Mr. Incredible, who wanted to settle down, had difficulty doing so.
I’d have to rewatch it to get the specifics. But the fact that she wasn’t ace at parenting was part of the plot line. In general, women don’t like watching women who are too good at mothering. Or so it seems. They tend to like depictions of fallible mothering because it doesn’t make them feel attacked.
Old 04-14-2018, 04:56 PM   #11
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

I remember enjoying The Incredibles and wanting a sequel. Then years went by and wondered why a sequel never happened. Now I see the trailer and wish it stayed that way.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 09:59 PM   #12
ministryofwrath
Evil Dead

yeah, wish this wasn't happening.

Funny enough it's almost like they hide the stay at home dad and empowered woman story elements, until right now.

Im so annoyed, almost everything has been destroyed by liberal mindsets in the entertainment world, even games aren't safe.

The last movie without a almost anti-liberal mind set was passengers, fantastic movie.
ministryofwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 02:42 AM   #13
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ministryofwrath View Post

Funny enough it's almost like they hide the stay at home dad and empowered woman story elements, until right now.

That’s no conspiracy theory, that’s exactly what happens. I work in media and at the beginning of the year, most big industry design agencies put out hot sheets about what is going to be trendy for the year. “Women” has been top billing for about three years. Or, by extension, the downsizing of emphasis on male targeted media. These write ups do I take the way media goes from who is picked to be in media to what color their clothes are.

It’s supposed to be how people in media keep their ear to the ground on what is happening “on the streets”, but it winds up creating a frakenstein’s Monster of all media sharing the same voice.
Old 04-16-2018, 04:02 AM   #14
Scherge
Alles wird gut.

I'm not too worried about the movie at this point. From the trailer, it seems like a mirrored copy of the first film: Super family has to lay low, wife is tricked into working for a dubious agency (I don't think any serious super society would choose a stretching person over someone with super-strength, and if it was about PR and marketing, a couple would be way better), wife succeeds at first but gets into trouble soon, stay-at-home dad springs into action, brings the kids, everyone pushes their powers to new levels, they all drink lemonade, the end.

If the gags, action, timing and overall quality are on par with other Pixar productions, this is going to be highly entertaining. I do have to say that I'm not a fan of the parents' voices, especially Helen's. For some reason, it always sounded as if she was chewing on something while speaking, even in dramatic moments of the first movie ("Abort! Abort! Abort!")...

Tags
incredibles 2