Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 08:54 AM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 11:06 AM   #3
Exodus
Evil Dead

No gameplay but I liked the trailer. Gameplay please.
Old 04-11-2018, 03:26 PM   #4
wunshot
Subscriber

Very cool CGI....almost blizzard cool. I really hope the gameplay is good on this one.
wunshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 03:27 PM   #5
wunshot
Subscriber

Just looked up Overkill. Didn't realize they were the makers of Payday 2. Interesting.
wunshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 07:48 PM   #6
ministryofwrath
Evil Dead

only thing holding this back is the name, because of its involvement with the walking dead brand name I feel it'll be held back a little.

I'm hoping I'm wrong, I've been hoping this will be good for a while.

But lack of game play after this much time... makes me worry about the combat quality.

dabbled in payday "first one" a little, but it seemed decent, not sure if they can pull off a big scale zombie coop game, I hope so!
ministryofwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 09:20 PM   #7
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

I've liked the trailers so far and the quality is outstanding but, yeah... game play please.

I forget if it's a 1st person or 3rd person. I hope 3rd, I prefer 3rd so we get to see more of these awesome assets.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 03:46 AM   #8
Scherge
Alles wird gut.

Edit: Removed stupid rambling about that outro image suggesting a top-down game. The very first sentence in the Steam description clearly calls the game "a four player co-op action FPS".

As for the trailer: Wow, that must have cost a pretty penny! Many scenes looked like they were filmed in ultra-high definition and only altered very slightly afterwards. Shame about the clichés, though (mirror, battle-hardened warrior reminiscing about his/her first kill etc. pp). I actually believe I forgot the first trailer for this very reason...

Last edited by Scherge; 04-12-2018 at 04:36 AM.. Reason: Removed stupidity.
Scherge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 03:53 AM   #9
Scherge
Alles wird gut.

By the way: Since I can't seem to send private messages anymore, the "Contact Us" link is broken, and I've never posted a news item myself: Isn't anyone going to comment on the de-facto closure of SteamSpy?

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...reator-himself
Old 04-12-2018, 04:45 AM   #10
Exodus
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scherge View Post
By the way: Since I can't seem to send private messages anymore, the "Contact Us" link is broken, and I've never posted a news item myself: Isn't anyone going to comment on the de-facto closure of SteamSpy?

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...reator-himself
used it once, if this also stops random fuckwad sending me a friend invite to offer me a trash trade I'm sorry steamspy became collateral.
Old 04-12-2018, 09:13 AM   #11
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

One thing I noticed about the trailer... she's using HOT water (notice the steam) to clean herself up in an obviously dilapidated and ruined bathroom.

What place in that condition in the walking dead world has gas or electricity still enabled enough to divert to a luxury like a hot water heater?
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 10:14 AM   #12
Scherge
Alles wird gut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
One thing I noticed about the trailer... she's using HOT water (notice the steam) to clean herself up in an obviously dilapidated and ruined bathroom.

What place in that condition in the walking dead world has gas or electricity still enabled enough to divert to a luxury like a hot water heater?
Good point. Then again, I'm not watching the show, and I've only read the first few issues of the massive comic compendium I bought at some point. What's the general situation in the TWD world regarding water/gas/electricity?

Coincidentally, I just saw an interesting film playing on this theme last week-end: Survival Family tries to explore what would happen to a random, average family in a non-fucked up world (it's not a splatter movie, most people help each other) if - for some weird reason - electricity ceased to function worldwide. Note: Nothing works in that scenario, not even batteries, so it's a bit more extreme than technically possible. The best scene for me: Four old blind women band together and offer their service as guides through a pitch-black tunnel filled with abandoned cars. Made me think of "Dying Light"...
Old 04-12-2018, 02:47 PM   #13
Sigwolf
Squire

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post

Based on the earlier flashback scenes in a working hospital (with electricity), it is clearly set at the the beginning of the outbreak, at least as far as this trailer is concerned.
Sigwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 07:46 PM   #14
saulob
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scherge View Post
Edit: Removed stupid rambling about that outro image suggesting a top-down game. The very first sentence in the Steam description clearly calls the game "a four player co-op action FPS".

As for the trailer: Wow, that must have cost a pretty penny! Many scenes looked like they were filmed in ultra-high definition and only altered very slightly afterwards. Shame about the clichés, though (mirror, battle-hardened warrior reminiscing about his/her first kill etc. pp). I actually believe I forgot the first trailer for this very reason...

"four player co-op"?? Left for Dead?

Tags
the walking dead