After Battlefront 2, EA...
Last post by Demo_Boy
Today 11:19 AM
7 Replies, 976 Views
» Promotion

Old 10-16-2017, 04:31 PM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

South Park: The Fractured But Whole Reviews "gameplay that stands on its own merits"

GamesRadar - 4.5/5

Quote:
South Park balances ample fan service with gameplay that stands on its own merits and an engaging story. It won't make you a fan if you weren't one already, but it's hard to imagine a better-realized adaptation.
Game Informer - 8.75/10

Quote:
The Fractured but Whole is a welcome sequel, maintaining the standard of quality set by the previous game and, in a broader sense, all of Parker and Stoneís work. Every aspect is overloaded with both smart and immature jokes, the combat is an improvement, the game is bigger and longer, and the sneaky moments of sincerity make you recall the charm of childhood in surprising ways Ė just like the show.
IGN - 8.5/10

Quote:
South Park: The Fractured But Whole is another epic-length episode of the humor thatís kept fans of the show laughing for 20 years. The Marvel vs DC parody delivers regular laugh-out-loud moments with only a few faltering gags, and the combat soon evolves into something much more complex and interesting than The Stick of Truthís simple system. Navigation and repetition of some of its simple puzzle mechanics drag a little, but itís otherwise an excellent South Park game thatís also a strong RPG.
GameSpot - 8/10

Quote:
Fractured But Whole succeeds as an interactive South Park mini-series, while effectively emulating the show's current style of adult-targeted entertainment and satirization of political correctness. In other words, it's consistently amusing and provocative without the edginess the series used to be known for. Both the game's combat and explorative strengths effectively bridge the many comical plot developments, which range from mildly amusing to downright hilarious. It's an accomplishment that this game will wholly entertain devoted fans while delivering a heap of jokes that won't fly over the heads of casual viewers.
Shacknews - 8/10

Quote:
In a way, I wish I could give this game two separate scores. One for South Park fans and one for those who don't like or aren't familiar with the series. Besides very minor issues, The Fractured But Whole's main problem is its reliance on familiarity with material outside the game. All the excellent cameos, self-references and a lot of plot points are dependent on players having at least a passing familiarity with the TV show. However, if you like South Park and video games (or just South Park), The Fractured But Whole is a must-have title, and improves on The Stick of Truth in every way.
Emabulator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 04:34 PM   #2
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Emabulator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 11:48 AM   #3
GinRummy
Evil Dead

I just started this game. Loading screen tip: "Read the loading screen tips to get tips while the game is loading."
GinRummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 12:24 PM   #4
BalekFekete
Claptrap Bitch

Copy is sitting in the car waiting for work to be over. Won't play much due to ALCS game 4, but will definitely install and give it a few minutes of lovin'!
Old 10-17-2017, 12:57 PM   #5
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BalekFekete View Post
Copy is sitting in the car waiting for work to be over. Won't play much due to ALCS game 4, but will definitely install and give it a few minutes of lovin'!
I won't have my copy until tomorrow (thanks, Amazon), but that's okay. I'm only losing one evening in the grand scheme of things; the most frustrating part is that I simply won't have much time to play it until next week.

Friggin' Bruins eating up my weekend.
Old 10-19-2017, 01:26 AM   #6
Transylmania
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
I won't have my copy until tomorrow (thanks, Amazon)
I've been having this same issue as a Prime member. Wasn't it always supposed to be same-day delivery and 20% off physical game pre-orders with Amazon Prime? I called their support number and they didn't have an answer for me.
Transylmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 03:30 AM   #7
TheTN
Squire

TheTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 05:12 AM   #8
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transylmania View Post
I've been having this same issue as a Prime member. Wasn't it always supposed to be same-day delivery and 20% off physical game pre-orders with Amazon Prime? I called their support number and they didn't have an answer for me.
The answer I got was, "We'll give you free one-day shipping and get it to you by Wednesday."

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinRummy View Post
I just started this game. Loading screen tip: "Read the loading screen tips to get tips while the game is loading."
My favorite is, "If you're having trouble with the combat system, try to get better at the game."

Tags
south park, the fractured but whole, ubisoft