» Promotion

Old 03-15-2017, 11:08 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Capcom Announces The Disney Afternoon Collection for PS4, Xbox One and PC

Click on the Headline for the Trailer.

Quote:
Capcom Goes Retro With the Announcement of the Disney Afternnon Collection

Capcom, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today announced The Disney Afternoon Collection, a compilation of six games that feature beloved Disney TV characters from the 80s and 90s in fun-filled adventures. The beautifully restored classic games feature crisp 1080p HD support and include all-new modes that can be enjoyed by first-time players and long-time fans. The Disney Afternoon Collection will be available as a digital download across Europe and North America for £15.99/ €19.99/ $19.99 starting on 18th April, 2017 on PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One and Windows PC.

Players will be able to relive their childhood afternoons with Disney and explore these pieces of gaming history with classics including:

• Chip ‘n Dale Rescue Rangers – This classic lets players team up with a friend in co-op play as they assume the roles of the mischievous Chip and Dale as they take on memorable villain Fat Cat and attempt to solve the mystery of a missing kitten.

• Chip ‘n Dale Rescue Rangers 2 – Fat Cat has escaped and his plans are even more dastardly this time. The titular heroes and supporting cast Monterey Jack, Gadget, and Zipper must stop Fat Cat from his evil dream of world domination!

• Darkwing Duck – Play as the original caped crusader and fight a city full of criminals from the infamous F.O.W.L. organization in this action-packed platforming epic.

• DuckTales – In this iconic platforming adventure, players help Scrooge McDuck fill his feathery pockets with vast riches from across the world.

• DuckTales 2 – The sequel to the original game comes jam-packed with more action and an even bigger caper set in new locations like the Bermuda Triangle and Niagara Falls!

• TaleSpin – Take to the skies as Baloo the bear navigates his plane through exotic and dangerous locations in this side-scrolling shoot-em-up.

All six games are new and improved HD versions of the originals and feature a number of filtering options that replicate a classic retro look and feel. This collection also offers new ways to play with Boss Rush and Time Attack modes for each game. In Boss Rush mode, players battle through challenging boss encounters consecutively, while Time Attack mode encourages time-based gameplay and provides online leaderboards that track the fastest times for each game. A new “Rewind” feature makes these challenging titles more accessible for newcomers, with the option to rewind time and enjoy a swift recovery from blunders. Additionally, the in-game Disney Museum will provide history buffs with a wealth of content to celebrate the era of the original releases, such as concept art, advertisements, character art, and music – all preserved in their original glory.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 11:08 AM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 11:12 AM   #3
swirlee
Developer

I wish Limited Run Games would release a boxed copy of this collection.
Old 03-15-2017, 11:21 AM   #4
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by swirlee View Post
I wish Limited Run Games would release a boxed copy of this collection.
Yea, that sounds like a package I would buy.
Old 03-15-2017, 12:06 PM   #5
screwyluie
Evil Dead

don't know if I ever played talespin, though I love the cartoon. the other three (on the logo) are hallmarks of my childhood and I still enjoy them today with my kids.
screwyluie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 05:09 PM   #6
NESter the Unlikely
Squire

I too would like to pay new-game prices for 30-year old ROMs that were downloaded off the internet, with worthless gimmicks tacked on and with rewind mode so my millenial friends can play too. And wrap all that nonphysical data up (all 64kb of it) in a ridiculously wasteful amount of physical packaging that can be added on top of the pile of worthless empty packaging I keep in my living room as a centerpiece.

Where do I pre-order?
NESter the Unlikely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 06:06 PM   #7
LostToys
Evil Dead

Since when was $19.99 new-game prices? You are getting four complete games for that price. It is no worse than paying for a virtual console title on a Nintendo platform or some randy indy game off of Steam.
LostToys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 07:51 PM   #8
shadow763
Lord of Woe

Seems well priced to me. I am guessing these games would be infuriating today.
shadow763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 09:35 PM   #9
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NESter the Unlikely View Post
I too would like to pay new-game prices for 30-year old ROMs that were downloaded off the internet, with worthless gimmicks tacked on and with rewind mode so my millenial friends can play too. And wrap all that nonphysical data up (all 64kb of it) in a ridiculously wasteful amount of physical packaging that can be added on top of the pile of worthless empty packaging I keep in my living room as a centerpiece.

Where do I pre-order?
Boy, someone sure is jaded and bitter.

I love the extraneous shot at Millennials, too. The amusing thing is this package is made specifically with Millennials in mind, because we're the ones who grew up with these games in the first place.

Last edited by Chimpbot; 03-16-2017 at 06:15 AM..
Chimpbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 01:57 AM   #10
LostToys
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow763 View Post
Seems well priced to me. I am guessing these games would be infuriating today.
That is why they include a rewind feature. I, for one, applaud that. I can no longer do the platforming required for these kind of games so having the option to just redo a portion of the level has my interest.
LostToys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 03:14 AM   #11
Scherge
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostToys View Post
That is why they include a rewind feature. I, for one, applaud that. I can no longer do the platforming required for these kind of games so having the option to just redo a portion of the level has my interest.
I bet you COULD do the platforming, you just don't WANT to do it. At least, that's how I feel. It takes an insanely well-crafted game like "Guacamelee!" to motivate me to do these things nowadays. I didn't enjoy the challenges and bonus levels there either, but the story and the (overall) brilliant combat system made me persevere. Other people are doing the same with the Souls games, for example.

Strangely, I also finished "VVVVVV" (including Veni, Vidi, Vici) and its hilariously hard first bonus episode, even though that game has none of the things I usually enjoy. Also, it's not like these games are intentionally infuriating like "I Wanna Be the Guy Gaiden"...

Old 03-16-2017, 06:13 AM   #12
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostToys View Post
Since when was $19.99 new-game prices? You are getting four complete games for that price. It is no worse than paying for a virtual console title on a Nintendo platform or some randy indy game off of Steam.
You're actually getting 6 games and they're at least dressing them up a little bit. In other words, each game costs less than $3.50 and they're technically better versions than you would otherwise get with a barebones Virtual Console release.

It's worth the price of admission, I think.

Tags
afternoon collection, disney