Today 12:48 PM
13 Replies, 1,262 Views

Old 06-11-2018, 06:15 AM   #41
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadIronTree View Post
Well They started before Star Citizen... give them time xD
And unlike Star Citizen, Starfield will actually come out.
Old 06-11-2018, 06:50 AM   #42
NightRain
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
Since the system has sold so few units, there isn't any way to tell. Zing!
I remember reading somewhere that Microsoft said that over 6 million gamers have enjoyed X enhanced games. That seems to be how MS measures things now. Does that mean that they've sold over 6 million Xbox One X consoles, or does it mean they sold 3 million and each system had two gamer tags logon on average to play X enhanced games. No real way to know.

My GamerTag
NightRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 07:30 AM   #43
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightRain View Post
I remember reading somewhere that Microsoft said that over 6 million gamers have enjoyed X enhanced games. That seems to be how MS measures things now. Does that mean that they've sold over 6 million Xbox One X consoles, or does it mean they sold 3 million and each system had two gamer tags logon on average to play X enhanced games. No real way to know.
I think the fact that they stopped reporting sales numbers pretty much should tell you everything you need to know about how the Xbox One X and the Xbox One S are selling.

Not to mention that they even announced that a new console is currently in development. They just launched the “Most powerful console ever made.” Last year, why would they already be announcing that the next Xbox is in development?

I’m guessing they think they have a branding problem. Going from Xbox One to Xbox One S to Xbox One X has kinda left them scattered from a consumer standpoint. If they just stick all that under the umbrella of one new console next year (The Xbox 4K or somesuch nonsense) and they stop making the old systems, it would help them unify their fan base.

You know Sony is working on new hardware too. I keep laughing at myself because I want to buy a Pro and I know that the second I buy the Pro that there is a good chance that they will announce a new PlayStation in Q1 2019 for release in at Holiday 2019. Which wouldn’t be bad of they were backward compatible like the Xbone systems are, but I’m not sure Sony has picked up on that part of things.

Man, how cool would it be to see Sony launch a PlayStation 5 that played all the PS3, PS4 and PS5 games? That would be excellent. Probably just wishful thinking.
Old 06-11-2018, 08:03 AM   #44
Apex
Developer

Quote:
I don't know if you played Gears of War 4, but it wasn't very good. And this title is from the same studio only now that studio is developing Gears of War 5, Gears of War Pop, Gears of War Tactics and a new title.

So, if all they had to create before was one title and it wasn't very good, how good of a job do you think they will do splitting their resources across four titles???

They need someone other than Big Gay Al running that place.
Only they aren't splitting their resources across four titles. The Coalition is focused on Gears 5, Gears Tactics is being developed by Splash Damage and someone else is doing Gears Pop
Old 06-11-2018, 08:06 AM   #45
NightRain
Evil Dead

Quote:
I think the fact that they stopped reporting sales numbers pretty much should tell you everything you need to know about how the Xbox One X and the Xbox One S are selling.

Not to mention that they even announced that a new console is currently in development. They just launched the “Most powerful console ever made.” Last year, why would they already be announcing that the next Xbox is in development?

I’m guessing they think they have a branding problem. Going from Xbox One to Xbox One S to Xbox One X has kinda left them scattered from a consumer standpoint. If they just stick all that under the umbrella of one new console next year (The Xbox 4K or somesuch nonsense) and they stop making the old systems, it would help them unify their fan base.

You know Sony is working on new hardware too. I keep laughing at myself because I want to buy a Pro and I know that the second I buy the Pro that there is a good chance that they will announce a new PlayStation in Q1 2019 for release in at Holiday 2019. Which wouldn’t be bad of they were backward compatible like the Xbone systems are, but I’m not sure Sony has picked up on that part of things.

Man, how cool would it be to see Sony launch a PlayStation 5 that played all the PS3, PS4 and PS5 games? That would be excellent. Probably just wishful thinking.
I don't care about sales numbers or any of that console politics. I just play games. I play on Xbox One, Playstation 4, Switch, PC and all matters of retro consoles. I play my Xbox One more than other current gen consoles. Switch and PS4 are basically for exclusives and most of my 3rd party console games are on Xbox One. Espeically since the Xbox One X was released. I've always found Xbox Live more reliable and faster than PSN and I prefer the controller so I usually go Xbox, even back when everyone was bashing the Xbox One graphics I usually went with Xbox for console games.

My GamerTag
NightRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 05:29 AM   #46
Wizzkidd
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightRain View Post
I don't care about sales numbers or any of that console politics. I just play games. I play on Xbox One, Playstation 4, Switch, PC and all matters of retro consoles. I play my Xbox One more than other current gen consoles. Switch and PS4 are basically for exclusives and most of my 3rd party console games are on Xbox One. Espeically since the Xbox One X was released. I've always found Xbox Live more reliable and faster than PSN and I prefer the controller so I usually go Xbox, even back when everyone was bashing the Xbox One graphics I usually went with Xbox for console games.
I hear ya, I have PS4 Pro, Xbox One X, Switch, and a great PC.

I'm not ignorant, if I feel like playing console games, it's not hard to choose which console to play on. The one that plays them the best. If Sony or Nintendo has an exclusive I want to play, I can buy it. If Microsoft has an exclusive, I can play it on either console on my 4K tv or PC with even better graphics. Not everyone has a 1080ti and wants to play games that aren't on Steam, but I am in that niche. I'm not 16 years old, so there are many times where having the choice between PC and console is a huge benefit, rather than being stuck only on console.

I hate that people act like it's not plainly obvious. Why do I have to even explain these things? It's like drawing a picture with crayons so kids understand.

Go Against the Flow.

Xbox/Steam: Inkabodcrane
Current rig: i7 6700, GTX 1080 ti, 32 gb DDR4
Wizzkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 05:49 AM   #47
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Were you not paying attention when Microsoft was talking about releasing hardware more frequently? Did you miss the statement Sony made a few weeks ago when they said the PS4 was "nearing the end of its life cycle"?

The notion that Microsoft or Sony are currently developing new hardware should come as a surprise to absolutely no one.

Quote:
It absolutely is wishful thinking. It's also exactly what Microsoft is planning to do from here on out with their consoles.

Who knew?
Old 06-13-2018, 11:17 AM   #48
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
Were you not paying attention when Microsoft was talking about releasing hardware more frequently? Did you miss the statement Sony made a few weeks ago when they said the PS4 was "nearing the end of its life cycle"?

The notion that Microsoft or Sony are currently developing new hardware should come as a surprise to absolutely no one.

It absolutely is wishful thinking. It's also exactly what Microsoft is planning to do from here on out with their consoles.

Who knew?
Well, MS stated what their end goal is, which is what Sony is already working on: Streaming.

MS said it when they said that their goal was to make a streaming service where you could play "console quality games on any device". They know that there is no reason to have dedicated hardware when distributed computing could provide that same service to you.

Sony will never make a new system that is backward compatible with PS3 or PS2. That's why they have Playstation Now. PS Now solved that problem. You stream those games. You don't play them off of discs.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
failboat, xbone, xbox one x