Sony Buys Spider-Man...
Last post by ministryofwrath
Today 08:52 AM
5 Replies, 360 Views

Old 05-20-2011, 03:36 PM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Brink Updates Coming Next Week

Splash Damage has updated the Bethesda Blog with word on the next round of patches for its first-person shooter, Brink.

Quote:
Xbox 360

We’ve been hard at work investigating the lag issues some players of the Xbox 360 version of Brink have reported. We’ve now completed modifications to improve network performance and will be rolling these out in a title update for the game.

This update has been submitted to Microsoft, and we expect it to be available next week.

This title update is also going to fix an isolated freezing issue reported by some German players who should no longer experience that problem once the update has been installed.

PC

A game update for the PC version of Brink is in final testing and we’re planning to release it early next week. This update contains a host of fixes and improvements including the following:

We’ve identified the cause of sound dropping out on certain maps when playing networked games for a prolonged amount of time. This will no longer occur.

Graphical performance has been improved, especially when using Ambient Occlusion. We’ve worked closely with both AMD and NVIDIA, and you should see performance and stability improvements in future driver revisions from both parties.

The server browser is tweaked in this update, as well; among other things, a new filter allows you to display only servers with a certain number of players on them, and full servers will no longer be filtered out completely.

There are some smaller fixes for minor issues including your character’s voice occasionally resetting when deleting another character, and a memory leak when alt-tabbing out of the game.

Finally, the dedicated server is set to get an update at the same time as the main game, which will result in improved CPU performance. We’ve protected certain cvars that previously allowed server admins to accidentally break objectives involving NPCs.

The full changelog will be released alongside the update, so keep an eye out for that.

PlayStation 3

With PSN back online, we’re able to resume multiplayer testing on the PlayStation 3. We’re preparing to bring the changes in the upcoming Xbox 360 title update to the PlayStation 3 version of Brink quickly and we expect to have it out next week. Stay tuned!
Read on.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 03:47 PM   #2
lockwoodx
Photobomber

It's good to hear they are really trying hard to overcome the shortcomings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkumaATR View Post
Lock is untouchable though, he's too cool to be targeted, like ever. He's Detroit's Heisenberg!
lockwoodx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 05:24 PM   #3
eighties
Evil Dead

"With PSN back online, we’re able to resume multiplayer testing on the PlayStation 3. " lol wow! are they saying they never even got to test some of it?

and i been playing this on the xbox and its been horrible lag! you can do 4v4 and its fine...but thats so little amount of people its just not fun.

hopefully this fixes it to allow 8v8 again, the games cool! it could be really great but eeee i think pc version is the best bet.
eighties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 06:14 PM   #4
Blog
Evil Dead

Quote:
PlayStation 3

With PSN back online, we’re able to resume multiplayer testing on the PlayStation 3. We’re preparing to bring the changes in the upcoming Xbox 360 title update to the PlayStation 3 version of Brink quickly and we expect to have it out next week. Stay tuned!
So.... they know what the 360 issues are/were, but they can't be bothered to test them on an internal network or something? I know they've only sold about forty copies 'cause PSN has been down, but at least put some effort in. Sheesh.
Old 05-20-2011, 06:15 PM   #5
Blog
Evil Dead

Damn [QUOT(E)] tags and lack of an edit button!
Old 05-20-2011, 06:15 PM   #6
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog View Post
Damn [QUOT(E)] tags and lack of an edit button!
All better now.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 06:38 AM   #7
Demo_Boy
@DemoEvolved on Twitter

This game is on the brink of fading fast.

As hotly interested as I was/am in the game, there's no way I'm gonna risk a $50 pc purchase only to find out it doesnt run right on my ROG ATI laptop after all the AMD performance issues users are reporting on the forums.

It is simple really. Demo. Demo. Demo.
Demo_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 11:45 AM   #8
bobmitch
Dread Lord

Hmmm

Bought the game last week and... it's just really poorly executed in just about every respect.

Splash damage had me playing online for around 50 hours a week with Wolfenstein:Enemy Territory - they lost me with Quake Wars, and I'm trying with Brink, but I think I'm close to giving up - we'll see what next weeks patch brings.

I think that the engine itself (id 4) just doesn't feel right - there's a disconnect between the controls and the player that doesn't foster immersiveness.
bobmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 02:10 PM   #9
Orz
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmitch View Post
Bought the game last week and... it's just really poorly executed in just about every respect.

Splash damage had me playing online for around 50 hours a week with Wolfenstein:Enemy Territory - they lost me with Quake Wars, and I'm trying with Brink, but I think I'm close to giving up - we'll see what next weeks patch brings.

I think that the engine itself (id 4) just doesn't feel right - there's a disconnect between the controls and the player that doesn't foster immersiveness.
I think the engine is fine. It runs all right and looks quite good. I just flat-out don't find the game that fun. When a game isn't fun, there's no way it's going to be at all immersive.
Orz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 04:38 PM   #10
GodFather
Evil Dead

I laughed I cried, I kissed 60 bucks goodbye...
GodFather is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bethesda softworks, brink, splash damage