Last post by Evil Avatar
Yesterday 05:57 PM
0 Replies, 161 Views

Old 04-26-2019, 08:36 AM   #21
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
I had heard that he then goes on to found a new black nation. Not sure if that’s true but I believe that had wound some people up too especially since Jax used to be MK’s Captain America, back when I used to play at least. Anyway, I’m not saying the game is an SJW fest. But Netherrealm did go out of their way to virtue signal about the female costumes (doesn’t one of the men fight in a loin cloth though?). And again I’m not outraged in the least. It’s just that it doesn’t need to be much to get me to not buy. In contrast, I really want to see Avengers Endgame so they have to piss me off royally to not go see that movie. But I was only a little interested in MK11. Not getting it won’t really bother me. I suppose it’s a matter of having convictions of convenience.
Here's the ending:

Personally, I don't see that as the establishment of a "new black nation"; it's ultimately the end result of multiple attempts at going back in time to prevent the slave trade from ever happening. He explicitly says that it's a better world for everyone. Take it as you will, though.
Old 04-26-2019, 08:39 AM   #22
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

There are also some jabs at Trump in the game as well.

It's SJW. Let's not spend our cranky old man dollars on it!

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 09:54 AM   #23
Chief Smash
Subscriber

Yeah that ending isn't bad. A little preachy maybe but not bad. Like I said, I had read a complaint but I wasn't even sure if they had a real point. I didn't care enough to go seeking it out and I wasn't going to damn the game based on this either.

And Pat, I'll spend my cranky old man dollars however I want and you can whine about how I spend of or don't spend my cranky old man dollars as much as you want.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 10:34 AM   #24
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Yeah that ending isn't bad. A little preachy maybe but not bad. Like I said, I had read a complaint but I wasn't even sure if they had a real point. I didn't care enough to go seeking it out and I wasn't going to damn the game based on this either.

And Pat, I'll spend my cranky old man dollars however I want and you can whine about how I spend of or don't spend my cranky old man dollars as much as you want.
Haha okay, fair enough Chief. I'm only kidding anyway. I really don't give a shit

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Old 04-26-2019, 10:45 AM   #25
Chief Smash
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
Haha okay, fair enough Chief. I'm only kidding anyway. I really don't give a shit
Haha no need for disclaimers. I know your shots are friendly ribbing and of course so are mine back at you.

And I'm not saying I agree with all of his points because I haven't really played an MK since 3. But Razorfist's take on it made me laugh as his takes often do.

Old 04-26-2019, 11:49 AM   #26
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

I'll get that ending myself right now.

One of the benefits of the PC version (which just got a patch, so I'm glad they are acting to correct problems like TAA quickly) is that I just remote into home while I work and let the AI do it's thing to unlock endings or grind ^_^.
Mozain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 11:52 AM   #27
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
You should give a shit, you know liberals have jumped the fucking shark when they're SJW'ing up Mortal fucking Kombat of all things. When does it end for you cocksuckers?
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 12:05 PM   #28
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
You should give a shit, you know liberals have jumped the fucking shark when they're SJW'ing up Mortal fucking Kombat of all things. When does it end for you cocksuckers?
Hey, don't look at me. I didn't SJW up shit, and most of you guys bought the game ( and I havent ).

I just think its funny. I dont actually think SJWing up MK is that big a deal in the grand scheme of things, but I was waiting for more of a meltdown here than I saw between the Jax ending and the Trump jab. I mean. I get it, if you don't like it, don't buy it right? And I can see why some people might be at least slightly annoyed.

Know what the SJWs are gonna take over next? Futuristic RTS games. MOTHER FUCKERS! Transvestites in tanks and the females will have no boobs :|

Already happened to the Star Wars universe. The next movie is going to feature Woke-ees in stead of Wookies. Instead of ripping arms off, they put the arms of minorities back on that the oppressive white man (storm troopers) ripped off.

#Woke-ees

Old 04-26-2019, 12:28 PM   #29
Chief Smash
Subscriber

Woke-ees... that's freakin funny.
Old 04-26-2019, 01:07 PM   #30
Inkabodcrane
Evil Dead

Jeez I can't keep up with the drama. What Trump jab? I saw that Shao Khan has an into where he says "Let's Make Outworld great again." Is that it? I thought that was hilarious! There is a thing called comedy, you know.

Go Against the Flow.
Inkabodcrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 03:25 PM   #31
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkabodcrane View Post
Jeez I can't keep up with the drama. What Trump jab? I saw that Shao Khan has an into where he says "Let's Make Outworld great again." Is that it? I thought that was hilarious! There is a thing called comedy, you know.
Yup, that's it. WRONG, it's not comedy. IT's SJW propaganda! The villain is quoting trump. Imagine if the villain quoted Obama? We'd never hear the end out of the snowflake outrcryyyyyyy.

Old 04-26-2019, 03:26 PM   #32
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Woke-ees... that's freakin funny.
lol, Woke-ees! We should just start referring to Star Wars as that around here going forward:P

Old 04-26-2019, 04:40 PM   #33
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Oh jesus what a fucking joke. Way to go Netherrealms and WB Games way to monetize a game to the point where I want nothing to do with it now.
Old 04-26-2019, 05:52 PM   #34
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

^Mortal Kombat II
Broken Lootbox ?

Old 04-26-2019, 05:52 PM   #35
Inkabodcrane
Evil Dead

I'm about to give up, but I just have to mention one last time, you can't spend money to buy that stuff, it's only earnable in the game. So it is not monetized. I watch Maxamillian Dood almost daily, he hates the time it takes to unlock stuff, he actually wishes they had a microtransaction to pay to unlock everything.

I would hate that, it's part of the fun for me to unlock everything and take my time. He just wants to get the stuff and set up his fighter the way he wants.

But again, there is no monetization issue. They offer 2 or 3 skins a day to buy instead of search for in the krypt, and you earn that money in game as well. It's just frustrating seeing the confusion over this title. It's like Netherrealm supported Trump or something the way they are being falsely accused of things.

Go Against the Flow.
Old 04-26-2019, 05:53 PM   #36
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
It's like Netherrealm supported Trump or something the way they are being falsely accused of things.
Don't you see?! Netherrealm DOES support Trump! They quoted him in the game!

Old 04-26-2019, 06:11 PM   #37
Inkabodcrane
Evil Dead

Haha, it's really funny, I saw it in this clip from Maxamillian Dood. This whole video is pretty funny.

Go Against the Flow.
Old 04-26-2019, 07:01 PM   #38
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

HaHa. We got turned down for a Mortal Kombat 11 review code! After all the coverage we did. Doh!

I didn't do the coverage to get the review code, I did it because I knew we had a few fans here in-house, but I did think that with MK11 plastered across the page for weeks we would certainly be in line for a code.
Old 04-26-2019, 07:25 PM   #39
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
I'm about to give up, but I just have to mention one last time, you can't spend money to buy that stuff, it's only earnable in the game. So it is not monetized. I watch Maxamillian Dood almost daily, he hates the time it takes to unlock stuff, he actually wishes they had a microtransaction to pay to unlock everything.

I would hate that, it's part of the fun for me to unlock everything and take my time. He just wants to get the stuff and set up his fighter the way he wants.

But again, there is no monetization issue. They offer 2 or 3 skins a day to buy instead of search for in the krypt, and you earn that money in game as well. It's just frustrating seeing the confusion over this title. It's like Netherrealm supported Trump or something the way they are being falsely accused of things.
I get that, however the way this was designed is grindy to the point of just not being worth the effort.
Old 04-26-2019, 07:38 PM   #40
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
^Mortal Kombat II
Broken Lootbox ?
Mortal Kombat eleven Pat. Eleven.

Tags
mortal kombat 11