Last post by ministryofwrath
Today 08:52 AM
5 Replies, 360 Views

Old 07-02-2019, 12:30 PM   #41
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Don't care if he's an alt or not, he's hilarious and spot the fuck on. At any rate I thought alts were against site rules, not that Anenome didn't have a half dozen of em to begin with.
Well now that Johan is unbanned, Terran is technically an alt, right? Alt right! Hah. Sorry.

I actually didn't know alts were against the rules.

I forgot about Anenome. Where did that guy go anyway?

Who was the weird guy with the anime character avatar that said all kinds of weird things all the time. What happened to that guy?

Anyway, my point is, if you're going to engage with someone who isn't going to engage with you in a civil direct way, and you WANT a civil, direct conversation, look elsewhere. Obviously that person isn't going to provide the social element you're looking for.

Maven, I don't think Booda is going to give you the conversation you're looking for. I think his thing is being hostile until you get angry or frustrated about it, so he can call you a snowflake and tell you to go back to your safe space.

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 12:37 PM   #42
MavenACTG
Evil Dead

I don't know why we should take someone posting in bad faith and who has slotted me into their Other / Enemy box seriously.

Remember, the only reason they even chime in is to see me gone. It's out in the open now.

My mistake was treating Booda for a moment like another person.

Reminds me of Sartre:

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutor. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert."

Some would read that as a warning. I imagine the others here see it as a rallying cry of some sort for their tribal games.
MavenACTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 12:39 PM   #43
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Just as an aside, for whatever it's worth. In my really limited frame of experience, the people who are the most hostile online are usually compensating. They tend to be really frustrated, angry people who have no outlet. They can't get away with acting that way in the real world because they'd get their ass kicked. They're usually smaller physically, the least intimidating kind of person, but really need that outlet to unload on someone. Part of the reason they need that outlet is the insecurity of being so meek, and feeling so powerless in the real world. They're typically a "beta male" type, where the internet gives them a "safe space" to try to finally impose some will. It's the easiest thing in the world to ignore. Just don't feel bad for them. They'll figure things out. Or not.

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Old 07-02-2019, 12:40 PM   #44
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
Well now that Johan is unbanned, Terran is technically an alt, right? Alt right! Hah. Sorry.

Who was the weird guy with the anime character avatar that said all kinds of weird things all the time. What happened to that guy?

Anyway, my point is, if you're going to engage with someone who isn't going to engage with you in a civil direct way, and you WANT a civil, direct conversation, look elsewhere. Obviously that person isn't going to provide the social element you're looking for.

Maven, I don't think Booda is going to give you the conversation you're looking for. I think his thing is being hostile until you get angry or frustrated about it, so he can call you a snowflake and tell you to go back to your safe space.
Back to reddit I imagine, to hit on some more 16 year old girls and spout his anarchist shit where people wouldn't call him out on his double speak and stupidity is my guess. It's also interesting that Maven attacking people's opinions is civil, but giving him shit for that, isn't. Interesting narrative there. He likely thought EVAv was like the rest of gaming sites out there where those on the left can easily silence people they disagree with, didn't work out too well for him.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 12:42 PM   #45
Booda
Beam another Blast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavenACTG View Post
I don't know why we should take someone posting in bad faith and who has slotted me into their Other / Enemy box seriously.

Remember, the only reason they even chime in is to see me gone. It's out in the open now.

My mistake was treating Booda for a moment like another person.

Reminds me of Sartre:

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutor. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert."

Some would read that as a warning. I imagine the others here see it as a rallying cry of some sort for their tribal games.
Aaaaannnddd there it is!

Booda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 12:49 PM   #46
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Good Sarte quote there, Maven. I like that one. Except...if you know this is the tactic, who's the bigger fool for continuing to engage, right? But if spec and others are really trying to see you gone, and you know they are, then you can easily disregard. Talk to people you enjoy talking to. Ignore the rest. Are you getting value out of being here. Do you enjoy any element of it?

Well, to be fair spec, it does SEEM like Maven is trying to be somewhat civil. But yah, there should be no banning here. Maven is a big boy. If he isn't getting what he wants socially, he can always pick up his ball and go home. I've considered it several times. It's just a choice. If you aren't getting what you want here, then don't be here I guess. Or be selective about who/when you engage with anyone here.

I don't know. This is turning silly. I'm on vacation. What the fuck am I doing with my life...I'm going to buy beer and I'm out of cat food. I don't eat cat food. My cat does.

Old 07-02-2019, 12:51 PM   #47
Inkabodcrane
Evil Dead

Quote:

Sometimes I wonder where they went.

PsPFreak
Spectralthunder
Sucicidal Shizuru (or something like that)
Bean
The two Anemone's which were spelled slightly different.
akuma
That's a I can remember right now.

Go Against the Flow.
Inkabodcrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 12:52 PM   #48
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkabodcrane View Post

PsPFreak
Spectralthunder
Bean
akuma
Same here. A bunch of long time regulars seemed to vanish all around the same time.

Oh, what about the guy who calls himself the Hong Kong playboy or whatever. Had a picture of a doorway open with some blood in the doorway. Haven't seen that guy in a while either.

And it's rare I see that dev from Germany with the picture of the combed hair. Can't remember his name either. I want to say chuck e cheese, but i know that's not correct. I actually liked the input of the german dev, despite his bad taste in games. (Loves the PSV, hates the Switch. Get outa here. Nintendo Power).

Old 07-02-2019, 12:55 PM   #49
MavenACTG
Evil Dead

Quote:
Or not.
Going with this. Words are wasted on them. They aren't here but to shit on things, people, or groups that aren't like them and theirs.

I wonder how I couldn't see before that for some people, front page posts aren't information but new targets in a culture war to attack.

The only apology I will offer is for having the wherewithall to suggest some rudimentary community management practices, such as muzzling toxic accounts. But I get it, this is a free-for-all.
Old 07-02-2019, 01:01 PM   #50
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Going with this. Words are wasted on them. They aren't here but to shit on things, people, or groups that aren't like them and theirs.

I wonder how I couldn't see before that for some people, front page posts aren't information but new targets in a culture war to attack.

The only apology I will offer is for having the wherewithall to suggest some rudimentary community management practices, such as muzzling toxic accounts. But I get it, this is a free-for-all.
A ban is seldom ever required for anything but the most extreme. Threats against someone's life, maybe. There are muting abilities, and the ability to just not respond. I think it's important that you don't have a few people deciding what is acceptable social behavior. Let everyone decide through who they interact with. Natural social consequence. It's better than having just a few people decide what is appropriate or not.

Old 07-02-2019, 01:08 PM   #51
Booda
Beam another Blast

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockwoodx View Post
This is EvAv man, the Mos Eisley of gaming sites.
It's all right there. Put your big boy pants on when hanging out here.
Booda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 01:18 PM   #52
MavenACTG
Evil Dead

Going with muting. They can have their circle jerk.
Old 07-02-2019, 01:19 PM   #53
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkabodcrane View Post

PsPFreak
Spectralthunder
Bean
akuma
I didn't know I left?
Old 07-02-2019, 01:22 PM   #54
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Going with muting. They can have their circle jerk.
The irony of someone wishing others silenced so that he can have his own circle jerk. Classic!
Old 07-02-2019, 02:06 PM   #55
Inkabodcrane
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
I didn't know I left?
Ha! Idk what I was thinking. I meant SaintBlitzkrieg. And Venkman, I liked him.

Anyways, must've just seen your name and got mixed up. Don't go anywhere!

Go Against the Flow.
Inkabodcrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 02:13 PM   #56
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Loved the first, will likely enjoy this one a ton. I am not the biggest fan of Danny Divito but I think the Rock doing Danny Divito will... Rock.

p.s. you are all idiots for letting the trolls get your goat. Obvious troll was obvious.

Anyone with a half functioning brain cell, a working funny bone, and even a spark of life in them enjoyed the recent Jumanji. Only the soul-less didn't like it.

Last edited by vallor; 07-02-2019 at 02:24 PM..
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 06:33 PM   #57
Chief Smash
Subscriber

I'm fully supportive of people being able to use the ignore/mute feature. But I still think it's funny when they do.

Quote:
Just as an aside, for whatever it's worth. In my really limited frame of experience, the people who are the most hostile online are usually compensating. They tend to be really frustrated, angry people who have no outlet. They can't get away with acting that way in the real world because they'd get their ass kicked. They're usually smaller physically, the least intimidating kind of person, but really need that outlet to unload on someone. Part of the reason they need that outlet is the insecurity of being so meek, and feeling so powerless in the real world. They're typically a "beta male" type, where the internet gives them a "safe space" to try to finally impose some will. It's the easiest thing in the world to ignore. Just don't feel bad for them. They'll figure things out. Or not.
Oh my goodness. Pat you're a good dude but this diatribe was very cringe-worthy.
Chief Smash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 07:42 PM   #58
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
I'm fully supportive of people being able to use the ignore/mute feature. But I still think it's funny when they do.

Oh my goodness. Pat you're a good dude but this diatribe was very cringe-worthy.
I've found it to be accurate in my limited experience, but hey... *shrug* I'm not saying its absolute truth. Just an opinion

Old 07-03-2019, 10:04 AM   #59
Chief Smash
Subscriber

Quote:
I've found it to be accurate in my limited experience, but hey... *shrug* I'm not saying its absolute truth. Just an opinion
Fair enough. I thought you were just sort of reverse trolling in a "One to grow on" sort of way. But to each his own.
Chief Smash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 11:33 AM   #60
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
Fair enough. I thought you were just sort of reverse trolling in a "One to grow on" sort of way. But to each his own.
Nahhhh

But anyway, Chief, good to see you around man! Happy 4th! Hope you get some RnR with your family!

Tags
jumanji the next level