32 Replies, 1,469 Views
Alternative Social Media...
Last post by BeardedSonOfNel
05-31-2020 09:00 PM
25 Replies, 773 Views

Old 11-11-2016, 03:35 PM   #121
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

Pat's an interesting guy with a lot of experience and expertise to back his views up.

This is also a good video:
VenomUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 02:29 PM   #122
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

Black Friday Sales Aggregator

Supposed to update as more sites list their sales. Ultimately, this list should cover: Firearms sales, firearm accessories, tactical equipment, hunting gear, camping gear and much more. It will not be, of course, a comprehensive list. It's still a decent source in my view.
Old 12-21-2016, 01:09 PM   #123
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

All three are break action double barrel shotguns. Most would assume that they would legally be treated the same, but they are not.

One of these can be sold like a "regular" firearm. You could go to an FFL and walk out with it that day (assuming your state allows that).

One of these is classified as an AOW (any other weapon), subject to a $5 transfer tax and regulated by the NFA (National Firearms Act -- you'll wait months to take possession of this as the BATFE must approve it).

One of these is a short barreled shotgun (SBS), subject to a $200 transfer tax and regulated by the NFA (current wait time, per the BATFE, is 8 months for approval).

A note: The NFA tax, the $5 or $200 tax depending on the item, is a completely separate tax from sales tax and doesn't mean that a person may forgo the NCIS background check, with its own fees, when purchased through an FFL despite the BATFE performing a background check.
Old 02-10-2017, 11:46 AM   #124
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

A lot of gun deals popping up with the demand dropping with the election being over.
Palmetto State Armory is offering a basic AR-15 with a Smith & Wesson M&P Shield 9 for $700 (in stores only).

I've picked up a couple of PWS End Plate and Castle Nut sets that are ratcheting so that they don't need staking.

This illustrates some of the issues with current laws:

Old 02-12-2017, 11:51 AM   #125
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

Repeal the NFA surpasses 100k signatures.

Repeal the 1986 Hughes amendment has not thus far.

Obviously surpassing a certain amount of people digitally "signing" doesn't equate to any real measure that the NFA is going to be repealed. Yet there does seem to be a movement in the direction of lifting some of the measures associated with the NFA and rather draconian gun laws that don't appear consistent:
ATF Associate Deputy Director Suggests Lifting Many Firearms Regulations
Quote:
1. New Federal Firearms Licensees (FFL) Dealing Exclusively at Gun Shows (or internet)

2. Creating a better process to approve pending requests for AP Ammo from manufacturers

3. Importing Surplus Firearms from Foreign Countries

4. Variances for SOTs to transfer Post-1986 machine guns without Demo Letters

5. Stabilizing Brace, creating a more consistent ruling

6. Commission a study on “Sporting Purposes” to comply with modern needs

7. Create a database of previous ATF rulings

8. “Legalizing” Silencers, citing expense of regulation. Change definition on “Silencer Parts”

9. Interstate Sale of Firearms at Gun shows

10. Destructive Devices, distinguishing between launcher and munitions

11 & 12. Demand letters to FFLs involving guns used in crimes

13. Changing requirement of FFL recording keeping from 20 years to indefinite

14. Allowing greater use of NICS by FFLs

15. Requiring ATF director to be confirmed by Senate

16. Reviewing a long list of Regs for Removal/Amendment

The only one which will probably create outcry from gun owners is #13 which recommends extending ATF record keeping to indefinite from 20 years. Everything else has some up at some time or another as things gun owners and industry want. Obviously, this document isn’t an official ATF policy position, but it’s a great place to start a conversation when someone wants to discuss “common sense” gun laws.
Old 02-20-2017, 12:45 PM   #126
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

Newest addition to my firearm family:
Old 04-05-2020, 08:56 AM   #127
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

So, any new firearm owners? I know a few recently. If you are one, I hope that you're getting some sort of safety training. There is a slew of it on YouTube, and I can post some if anyone is looking for it.

I've loaned out firearms to 3 different family members. One with young kids, so we got a small safe for the handgun (Vaultek Essential Series Quick Access Portable Safe Auto Open Lid Quick-Release Security Cable Rechargeable Lithium-ion Battery (VE10)). I'd had one of those for awhile, so we gave them one as well. While I certainly believe it's unlikely that'll need these firearms, you never know. Rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Last edited by VenomUSMC; 04-05-2020 at 09:06 AM..