Last post by Chief Smash
Today 08:22 AM
12 Replies, 594 Views

Old 04-05-2020, 03:35 PM   #721
Chief Smash
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
Oh yes, the great h1n1 crisis that shut down the entire country for months. What a massive failure.

IRL, I don't understand how supply lines and organization hasn't been run through the federal government. They keep saying this is a war, but they aren't managing it like a war. It shouldn't be a free for all between the states. If you guys can't see how retarded that is then there isn't a lot to say, because I am not going to argue about whether the sky is blue or not.
You wonít argue it? You already tried several times. And you got refuted several times. Itís not our fault youíre so stupid that you donít even realize when youíve lost. It happens constantly around here. Youíre like that bum fighter who insists heís fine after he spent the last 5 minutes on the mat with his mouthpiece somewhere in the stands.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 03:47 PM   #722
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
They keep saying this is a war, but they aren't managing it like a war.
You are a dumbass with no understanding of history. If we had had armchair quarterbacks like you in charge during WW II, we would have lost.

Don't be that guy:

Quote:
"...boys lining up outside a room to take a turn gang raping a woman?...I went to frat parties where shit like this was going down
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 04:09 PM   #723
Eats
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
You are a dumbass with no understanding of history. If we had had armchair quarterbacks like you in charge during WW II, we would have lost.

I know, we should've just let each state field its own army and they could all bid against each other for munitions from our factories. That would be the optimal way to get things done.
Eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 04:14 PM   #724
Eats
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
You wonít argue it? You already tried several times. And you got refuted several times. Itís not our fault youíre so stupid that you donít even realize when youíve lost. It happens constantly around here. Youíre like that bum fighter who insists heís fine after he spent the last 5 minutes on the mat with his mouthpiece somewhere in the stands.
I honestly just got tired of the complete insanity of the responses I was getting. They seemed to be some combination of a person whose job it is not to see the truth and a fundamental misunderstanding of basic econ concepts.
Old 04-05-2020, 04:42 PM   #725
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
I honestly just got tired of the complete insanity of the responses I was getting. They seemed to be some combination of a person whose job it is not to see the truth and a fundamental misunderstanding of basic econ concepts.
Thing is you don't even fathom basic economic concepts, you've proven this time and time and time again. Truth isn't what you want it to be just because you want so hard for it to be, that's not how reality works. You lie constantly, you warp things to fit a regressive point of view regardless if it's factual or not. You are the last person on this entire board who should even mention the word truth, since you're so full of fucking shit your eyes are brown.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 05:03 PM   #726
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
https://thehill.com/policy/internati...virus-symptoms

Herd immunity was a great plan...

I wonder if they will delay Brexit again. I can't imagine their preparations are on schedule with everything that is happening right now.

One person gets sick = herd immunity is a bad idea.

Youfsfkjsfoisjflakfnmcnvoiwkleafjjafdubfuckdioskso kmroaandrepdurhur

How is Sweden doing, tho?

Quote:
Oh yes, the great h1n1 crisis that shut down the entire country for months. What a massive failure.
Yo president got blood on his hands, bru. IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF OKIE DOKE.
Old 04-05-2020, 05:04 PM   #727
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
I know, we should've just let each state field its own army and they could all bid against each other for munitions from our factories. That would be the optimal way to get things done.
I know, we should all just pitch a goddamn fit when the leader of our nation makes ANY decisions, regardless of what they are, because the way to win in a 'war' is to continually shit all over the decisions of those on the field of battle.

Dumb fuck. Stupid, idiotic, dumb little fuck.

* He shut down travel from China. YOU ASSHOLES CALLED IT STUPID AND RACIST and he was right.
* He suggested investigating a potential drug combination that might help and YOU ASSHOLES CALLED IT STUPID and he was right, it holds potential.

Don't even bother attempting to lie that you and your ilk would accept ANY decision on his part. You'll oppose his decisions regardless. If he says up, you're screaming "DOWN!," if he says down, you're screaming "UP." You're the fucking communist/fascist sympathizers during WW II, filled with fail and the stench of losers.

Don't be that guy:

Quote:
"...boys lining up outside a room to take a turn gang raping a woman?...I went to frat parties where shit like this was going down
Old 04-05-2020, 05:17 PM   #728
Eats
Developer

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fact-chec...164549409.html
Old 04-05-2020, 05:21 PM   #729
Eats
Developer

Quote:

* He shut down travel from China. YOU ASSHOLES CALLED IT STUPID AND RACIST and he was right.
* He suggested investigating a potential drug combination that might help and YOU ASSHOLES CALLED IT STUPID and he was right, it holds potential.
I actually had no problem with the first one. The second one obviously was already being investigated. The only thing trump did is spend a bunch of time talking up drugs that may or may not actually work, and can have serious side effects. He isn't a doctor and shouldn't be touting unverified wonder drugs as a cure like a snake oil salesman.
Old 04-05-2020, 05:25 PM   #730
Eats
Developer

Quote:
Outside of the square in the image below, only 106 people have died from this virus WORLDWIDE. In THREE MONTHS:

Alarmist apocalyptic nonsense. Find out who benefits from all the Chicken Little alarmism and you'll find out who is inflating it. The response to this virus has been far, far, FAR worse than the actual virus itself everywhere but China. Closing off travel with China was a good idea. Beyond that, it's been a clusterfuck.
Another spot on prediction from Terran. You just have bad judgement and shouldn't participate in making important decisions.
Old 04-05-2020, 05:31 PM   #731
Eats
Developer

Quote:
OMG WE'RE DOOMED! Nine deaths in two months of the coronavirus!

Also breaking news: Ten Americans die EVERY DAY in non-boating related water accidents.

BAN WATER!
Another display of Terran's excellent judgement and ability to see what is coming. Maybe this will make you reconsider your position on global warming, but I have a feeling you will just double down on your nonsense as the world continues to heat up all around you.
Old 04-05-2020, 05:36 PM   #732
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Another spot on prediction from Terran. You just have bad judgement and shouldn't participate in making important decisions.
Quote:
Another display of Terran's excellent judgement and ability to see what is coming.
80,000 Americans died of regular flu last year and the nation didn't shut off 29% of GDP like we have for this, dumbfuck. How many will we get to with Wuhan, eh? 25% of last year's flu by summer? Maybe half?

You are a stupid, gullible little fucker, lol.

Don't be that guy:

Quote:
Old 04-05-2020, 05:38 PM   #733
Eats
Developer

Quote:
80,000 Americans died of regular flu last year and the nation didn't shut off 29% of GDP like we have for this, dumbfuck. How many will we get to with Wuhan, eh? 25% of last year's flu by summer?

You are a stupid, gullible little fucker, lol.
So you think Trump is stupid and gullible for letting the country shut down. That is what you are saying?

This is all alarmist nonsense? You are standing by your quote above?
Old 04-05-2020, 05:45 PM   #734
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
So you think Trump is stupid and gullible for letting the country shut down. That is what you are saying?
Welcome to federalism, where the federal government is a backstop to the independent decisions of the states on most issues that concern the individual states. Every state is handling this differently, but most of them have gone far too alarmist with this Wuhan virus.

Quote:
This is all alarmist nonsense? You are standing by your quote above?
Shutting off travel to areas with high rates of infectious spread (like China), not nonsense. Closing down literally 29% of the economy at the state level? NONSENSE. NYC probably needs that, perhaps some parts of NJ, MI, and WA. Not many other areas. At all.

WSJ: 29% drop in GDP this quarter, worse than the Great Depression's 26%.

Quote:
Forty-one states have ordered at least some businesses to close to reduce the spread of the coronavirus, according to Moody’s. Restaurants, universities, gyms, movie theaters, public parks, boutiques and millions of other “nonessential” businesses have shut off the lights as a result. The upshot: U.S. daily output has fallen roughly 29%, compared with the first week of March, just before the spate of closures, the analysis shows.
Read that again, dumbass. "Forty-one STATES." Trump is listening to the 'experts' in his recommendations, but he hasn't closed anybody's state down. That's federalism, dumbass.

Don't be that guy:

Quote:
Old 04-05-2020, 06:05 PM   #735
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Again, Eats shows he doesn't understand how economics work in even a basic sense. Way to be consistent you dumb marxist fuck.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 06:08 PM   #736
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

Quote:
Read that again, dumbass. "Forty-one STATES." Trump is listening to the 'experts' in his recommendations, but he hasn't closed anybody's state down. That's federalism, dumbass.
Yup, but those like Eats would really, really rather people quite literally die in an effort to push their political views. After-all, Eats said he was a participant at parties where girls were being drugged and raped because he thought that admission of his absolute wickedness would somehow taint a SCOTUS nominee and push his political stance forward. Oh, and he argued such parties were the norm.

Quote:
This is not a major threat to the people of the United States.

— Dr. Anthony Fauci, Jan. 21, 2020
Note that he also stated that what DHS and the CDC was doing was, per him, correct at the time.
VenomUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 06:30 PM   #737
RAV
Evil Dead

Remember when the experts at WHO at the start of this told us not to worry? China told us everything's alright? The liberal media told us not to panic and carry on business as usual?

Guess we should have just listened to the experts there as well. Who are we to question experts. Instead, Trump did that Travel ban when everyone was calling him an unreasonable racist. Most of us were in support of that decision. As for the shutdown of our domestic life, most liberal areas did their shutdown way late themselves and were nowhere near enough prepared within their own possibilities.

As the situation evolved people adapted their assessment of this situation. Yet here you are, calling out on conservatives, but not the WHO, China, the media and other liberals.
It rather looks like, the media tells you to worry, you worry, the media tells you not to worry, you don't worry. Experts tell you to jump, you jump, experts tell you to sit, you sit. China tells you to smile, you smile.

The discussions here were a lot more complex than you want to suggest. Everyone was looking for more information regarding important decisions. People were questioning the situation. A lot of the information out there was very conflicting and innaccurate. A lot of people are going to suffer from this economic depression, probably even die. We mostly argued that there could be different ways of dealing with it without ruining the entire economy, or partially dealing with it such that it minimizes the economic hit. I still think that.

You've been plenty wrong on enough issues, if we were to go by that we should never believe you a single word on anything else. Basic logic is enough to know that being right or wrong on every detail of an issue doesn't prove that on every other. How you drag in Global Warming, which is an entirely different set of arguments, is beyond logic.

But if we are talking about generalizitions, what I found most astounding about the situation is actually, learning from the WHO fiasco how blatantly corrupt our expert community can be.

Regarding the free market involvement on the issue, private companies competing with products on the military market, and states competing for factory locations and jobs, has been the usual course, and brought a lot of innovation into the field, which other countries with a different system did not have.

As long as the current measures do not yield a death rate that is much higher than regular flu seasons, there is really not much to complain about.
RAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 07:36 PM   #738
Terran
Evil Dead

UW's IHME projections. IHME = Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation

Keep in mind, these are months-into-the-FUTURE projections based upon ASSUMPTIONS, but here's the reality: If they are right, we are looking at an eight month period with a death total similar to last season's flu, and all of the numbers to this point in projections have been too high. We will enter the summer period far below last season's total, as well.

With a wrecked economy to show for it.

Edit - THEIR PREDICTION DROPPED 12,000 deaths IN THE LAST 12 HOURS. The numbers are dropping, dropping, dropping. The rationalization will be "MUH DISTANCING!" when the reality is the disease spread for months prior to anybody doing anything and...it's the flu. A serious flu, but a flu all the same.

Don't be that guy:

Quote:

Last edited by Terran; 04-06-2020 at 06:36 AM..
Old 04-05-2020, 08:09 PM   #739
Chief Smash
Subscriber

Quote:
No, your arguments got ripped to shreds so you came up with some new nonsense to peddle. Par for the course with you. At this point, I hope youíre one of those paid trolls who works for the DNC or something like that. Any other explanation is embarrassing.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 08:25 PM   #740
RAV
Evil Dead

The sad part is, while already too many will suffer from the economic depression in our own region, it will be a lot more horrible in the 3rd world. When the 1st world is doing bad, the 3rd is doing a lot worse, since our economic activity carries theirs. At the end of it, I expect more people world wide will have miserably died for economic reasons than for this pandemic. I don't even know what's worse, suffocating from not having breath, or starving to death. Very frustrating situation.

On the other hand, though we have talked about the negative effects of AI on the job market, maybe this crisis will spur on innovations such that will eventually improve people's lives in every aspect, regardless of what crisis. Maybe in the future, the low points will never be quite as low as before. Humanity has been through a lot of bad things, but eventually made it for the better. God bless all the people that are working on solutions. We already posted a couple things from entrepreneurs doing amazing things.
RAV is offline   Reply With Quote