Speedcross Update Coming...
Last post by Emabulator
Yesterday 12:05 PM
2 Replies, 489 Views

Old 10-24-2017, 01:37 PM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Destiny 2 is Now Available Globally on PC

Activision sends along a press release announcing the launch of Destiny 2 on PC.

Quote:
Bungie and Activision Publishing, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), delivered for the first time, the world-renowned, first-person action game, Destiny 2, on PC across the globe today. Destiny 2 has received more than 70 global awards and nominations to date, including winning “Best PC Game – Game Critics Awards: Best of E3 2017,” and industry nomination for “Gamescom Award 2017 - Best PC Game.” The console game, released on September 6, was recognized as the best-selling console game of 2017 in the United States to date with less than one month of sales by The NPD Group yesterday, and now Destiny 2 PC is available exclusively on Blizzard Battle.net®, Blizzard Entertainment’s acclaimed online-gaming platform, for digital distribution and at global retailers.
Click on the Headline for the Press Release.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 01:37 PM   #2
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Quote:
Santa Monica, CA – October 24, 2017 – Bungie and Activision Publishing, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), delivered for the first time, the world-renowned, first-person action game, Destiny 2, on PC across the globe today. Destiny 2 has received more than 70 global awards and nominations to date, including winning “Best PC Game – Game Critics Awards: Best of E3 2017,” and industry nomination for “Gamescom Award 2017 - Best PC Game.” The console game, released on September 6, was recognized as the best-selling console game of 2017 in the United States to date with less than one month of sales by The NPD Group yesterday, and now Destiny 2 PC is available exclusively on Blizzard Battle.net®, Blizzard Entertainment’s acclaimed online-gaming platform, for digital distribution and at global retailers.

Developed by Bungie, and brought to PC in partnership with Vicarious Visions, Destiny 2 is optimized to take full advantage of the PC platform, delivering a native PC experience with PC specific features such as: 4K resolution support, uncapped frame rate, full mouse and keyboard support with custom key mapping, text chat, adjustable field of view, a detailed PC settings screen, 21:9 and triple monitor support, and HDR. Destiny 2 PC is playable on Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

"It’s not every day that you get to welcome a new community to a game, but today we’re very excited to welcome PC players to the incredible universe of Destiny 2,” said Eric Hirshberg, CEO of Activision. “And with the unique partnership between Activision, Bungie and Blizzard, we’re giving players a gaming experience they won’t soon forget. Time to defeat Ghaul on triple monitor widescreen.”

Bungie’s PC Project Lead David Shaw, said, “The anticipation we’ve seen from the community and industry for the addition of PC is exciting for Bungie, our partners at Vicarious Visions and Activision.” He added, “We committed resources to make sure the PC game was created with the discerning requirements of the PC community in mind and are happy to extend a red-carpet welcome to those players across the world now that the game is live on Blizzard’s Battle.net platform.”

“It’s been an honor to work so closely with Bungie on the development of the first PC version from the Destiny franchise since we’ve been long-time fans of the game,” said Jennifer Oneal, Studio Head for Vicarious Visions. She added, “As PC gamers ourselves, the collective team has given great care to deliver on our new audience’s expectations for Destiny 2 PC.”

Destiny 2 takes players on an epic journey across the universe to defend humanity from annihilation. The game welcomes new players to the universe, as well as those who have been devoted to the universe since the beginning, with an array of modes and activities to explore. In the story of Destiny 2, the last safe city on Earth has fallen and lies in ruins, occupied by a powerful new army. Players must master new abilities and weapons to reunite the city’s forces, stand together and fight back to reclaim their home.

In Destiny 2, every player creates their own character called a “Guardian,” humanity’s chosen protectors. Players can choose from playing the cinematic story campaign, venturing into expansive destinations to joining in cooperative modes including Strike missions. PC players can play the ‘Leviathan’ raid, a fan-favorite, endgame, 6-player gameplay experience when it goes live on November 1, at 10 a.m. Pacific Time. For competitive players, Destiny 2 offers intense 4v4 multiplayer matches in ‘The Crucible’.

Destiny 2 is rated T for Teen by the ESRB and is available at a suggested retail price of $59.99. The product line-up also features the Destiny 2 – Game + Expansion Pass Bundle at $89.99 SRP, the Destiny 2 – Digital Deluxe Edition featuring premium digital content at $99.99 SRP, the Limited Edition at $99.99 SRP, and the Collector’s Edition, featuring a fully-wearable Destiny 2 – Frontier Bag, Expansion Pass, premium digital content and a Cabal-themed Collector’s Box for $249.99 SRP.

Minimum system requirements for the PC game are an Intel Core i3-3250, Intel Pentium G4560, or an AMD FX-4350, along with a GeForce GTX 660 2GB, GTX 1050 2GB, or Radeon HD 7850. Additionally, 6GB of RAM, and 68GB of HDD space.
Old 10-24-2017, 01:45 PM   #3
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

GameSpot: Destiny 2 PC Launch Issues: Buffalo Error, Crashes, No Way To Exit With A Controller, And More
Old 10-24-2017, 01:48 PM   #4
DeadPixel
Evil Dead

I'm going to watch some streams and wait a bit before purchasing it. Only interested in PvE content, but seeing how most of the items are boring +1 to something, makes it look like a poor man's Borderlands (with updated graphics).
DeadPixel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 02:16 PM   #5
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPixel View Post
I'm going to watch some streams and wait a bit before purchasing it. Only interested in PvE content, but seeing how most of the items are boring +1 to something, makes it look like a poor man's Borderlands (with updated graphics).
It has much better shooting mechanics than Borderlands. Bungie has that wired. And it's a lot of fun co-op. The MMO elements (loot, progression, social) are passable, at best. The 4v4 PvP was a snooze fest. It was the reason I gave up on Destiny 2 for now and went back to Battlefield 1.
Old 10-24-2017, 08:08 PM   #6
blackzc
Evil Dead

Apparently some players are bailing for lack of content. I don't care. Ill be grinding away on this one this winter. Its just a fun game to play. But yeah, 4v4 is never good.
Old 10-24-2017, 09:53 PM   #7
Exodus
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post
Apparently some players are bailing for lack of content. I don't care. Ill be grinding away on this one this winter. Its just a fun game to play. But yeah, 4v4 is never good.
It's not so much lack of content but lack of reason to do them.

Missing a side system that keeps you playing while you wait for your next week reset.

I call this a fumble on their part but could possibly be fixed aside from it being just a solid coop fps.
Old 10-25-2017, 01:05 AM   #8
LostToys
Evil Dead

They really seem to have optimized the game since the Open Beta. I was seeing frame rate drops below 60, but now I am often getting around 100, and nothing lower than 60, at max settings.

Though, it is odd, that the in-game cutscenes seem to render at lower quality than the game. There is so much damned aliasing.
LostToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 09:39 AM   #9
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

I have to wait till tomorrow to get my copy. It's a free boxed collector's edition so it'll be worth the wait but I am really excited to play.

I may buy the digital deluxe anyway just so I can keep the box sealed like I do with my Blizzard Collector's editions.

Right now a full high quality sealed boxed WoW collector's set is worth close to $6,000 on eBay. Granted most of that is due to the unopened vanilla collector's edition being so rare, but others have value as well.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 11:47 AM   #10
Meeks
Subscriber

I had an opportunity to install the game and play for a few hours.

The good news is that the core gameplay is a blast. As a PC gamer pretty much exclusively, I didn't play Destiny 1. So this might be old news for everyone. But I was comforted to find so much of what I loved about Halo to be present here. It looks and feels like a AAA title. The levels/environments are pretty and often manage to feel open-world even though they aren't. But, more importantly, it's FUN.

For me personally, that alone is good enough for a month or two of sustained enjoyment. But if it's going to have the long-term appeal that any MMO worth its salt has, the MMO elements need to be fleshed out. I completely agree with Emabulator here. It feels like they were added out of obligation. Hoping to see improvement in this area with updates.
Old 10-25-2017, 04:04 PM   #11
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Eurogamer: Bungie insists it's not banning Destiny 2 PC players for using third-party applications

Quote:
Bungie has released a new statement addressing - and once again denying - claims that Destiny 2 PC players are being banned for using third-party applications. "We have seen lots of questions about bans being issued in the PC version of Destiny 2", it said. "To provide some information, we would like to share some facts".

"Destiny 2 cannot automatically ban you, only Bungie can ban a player after a manual investigation", the statement reads, noting that approximately 400 PC players were banned by Bungie on launch day yesterday.

"Bans were applied to players who were using tools that pose a threat to the shared ecosystem of the game", insists Bungie, "We did not (and will not) issue any bans for the use of overlays or performance tools, including Discord, Xsplit, OBS, RTSS, etc."

Bungie says that it will overturn four of the bans that were issued during the PC beta, and that more information on using third-party applications can be found on its site. "We are committed to providing an experience that is fun and fair for the millions of players who have joined us in this community", it concludes.
Old 10-25-2017, 07:51 PM   #12
ashikenshin
Subscriber

Lol banning players for using discord. The idiocy of bungie knows no bounds
ashikenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 08:41 PM   #13
brandonjclark
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashikenshin View Post
Lol banning players for using discord. The idiocy of bungie knows no bounds

"Bans were applied to players who were using tools that pose a threat to the shared ecosystem of the game", insists Bungie, "We did not (and will not) issue any bans for the use of overlays or performance tools, including Discord, Xsplit, OBS, RTSS, etc."

What? It sounds to me like they are saying they haven't and won't ban people for using Discord.
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 07:39 AM   #14
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

The gunplay is tight. The guns feel good to fire. The gameplay is smooth. And the story is okay.

The game is just shallow as hell when it comes to the "MMO" or "RPG" elements. It's a game that feels like it has a lot more potential, and it just under-delivers, IMO.

I'm guessing things will be fleshed out via coming expansions or something. Shame. It feels like half of a game that could have been a really great/deep experience.
Old 10-26-2017, 10:07 AM   #15
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjclark View Post

What? It sounds to me like they are saying they haven't and won't ban people for using Discord.
I dunno, man. It seems pretty vague, to me.
Old 10-26-2017, 12:13 PM   #16
ashikenshin
Subscriber

ashikenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 12:23 PM   #17
blackzc
Evil Dead

I played for quite a few hours the other day. That's not something i do very often. Once you settle in on a planet and get to doing things the time flies. There are lots of hidden areas, side quest, ect.

The cutscenes i skip, the ghost guy is pretty cool and keeps you company. Its cool coming up on a public event and helping out, its cool getting help by a passer by. My main mission is to level up and get better guns and gear. I'm about 10 hours in and its starting to come together.

Dam good game. I'll be playing for long time i think.
Old 10-26-2017, 07:26 PM   #18
Meeks
Subscriber

I'm still trying to decide on a class for my primary. The intro campaign/tutorial was cool the first run-through, but now it's just tedious. I've leveled all three archetypes up a little and enjoy them all for different reasons. But I generally like to focus on my main and not invest a lot of time into alts, so I want to make sure I'm doing my due diligence before moving forward with one.
Old 10-27-2017, 12:01 AM   #19
LostToys
Evil Dead

I personally roll a Hunter playing solo and Warlock when I am playing in groups, though I find the Warlock is hard to control using a keyboard. The jump/glide just does not work on a keyboard due to the lack of feedback that you have engaged your glide.
LostToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 10:54 AM   #20
AlfredT
Evil Dead

Can people run faster in this game? Every video I've seen, maybe its just me, but it feels like they are on autowalk, not run.

Tags
activision, bungie, destiny 2