Last post by vallor
Today 06:47 PM
11 Replies, 302 Views

Old 04-07-2020, 09:38 PM   #861
RAV
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
No, dude, I just don't think anyone intentionally released this because it sounds like a conspiracy theory. I'm also skeptical that a global recession is in the interest of China at a time when their GDP growth is outpacing ours.

China is a bad actor, but so are a bunch of other countries. That doesn't seem particularly relevant though. If a real bioweapon leaked it just doesn't seem like it would spread like this, and it would be more deadly. It doesn't make any sense to engineer a bioweapon that will spread across the entire planet.

I mean a lab accident at least seems more within the realm of possibility, but it just seems more likely that this was a random event outside of our control.

Even your response sounds like the animal being electrocuted trying to find a justification to blame and attack the other animal.
Yes, it's still in the realm of conspiracy theory, as I pointed out in the first sentence myself.

But many people still don't understand China's mentality, since they rarely come into real contact, or take real interest in the people there.

The ability to lock down HK is worth the recession. The more you know them, the more you understand it's a price they'd be willing to pay.
Even though they do keep an eye on economic growth these days, they also still make decisions all the time that cost them and make no economic sense,
but are in their political and territorial interest. For China, money really is just a means to an end. More money means more leverage to push their strategic goals.
And often enough establishing these goals is worth the steep price they'll pay, they got plenty projects going to demonstrate that.

It is known already that China made the WHO delay travel restrictions, which greatly escalated the situation world wide. Even if you don't assume all the other bad intentions, by this activity alone you can see that they have other interest than pure economics. Even if you interpreted them in a favourable way, you'd have to say that their national pride was more important than a world wide fall out and possible recession. So by that alone you can already see how their priorities work when it comes to push.

Even if they didn't make this thing, you can bet they sure used it to their advantage in every way possible.
RAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 10:50 PM   #862
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

I think anyone with half a functioning brain cell can see the WHO as the corrupt organization it is. Unless you're Eats, where instead you need to praise communist regimes and pretend they're really wonderful people.

Common sense is hardly a conspiracy theory. I'd like to see the WHO try and remove American's from their homes forcefully without any authority to do so. This entire situation is an authoritarians wet dream, they get to watch people die and further their goals of removing people's freedoms all in one shot.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 12:05 AM   #863
RAV
Evil Dead

Here's the follow up.

Old 04-08-2020, 12:37 AM   #864
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
So for you guys out of the business loop, our government is catastrophically failing with these bail outs. Democrats and Republicans, it is a full shit show.
You aren't the only one I've heard this from. I had a friend in a game I play say he had to basically tell his team to take Unemployment because he couldn't guarantee he could get the loan to keep paying them during the lockdown like he wanted to because of the big miss. The paperwork is a mess, the banks don't know shit, no one is lending anything (as I suspect), everything is ass-on-fire and no one has an extinguisher needed to explain it.

Congress votes this shit in then goes on VACATION? WHAT THE FUCK?! You can count on them getting their fucking pay raise and the goddamn Kennedy Center getting their fat stacks but the people suffering and paying for this (now and we will later) crap are getting it up the poop chute.

It is disgusting. As I said in the Liberals thread, if there was ever a time for a flat 2 - 3k UBI for the next few months to regular Americans, this is it. 2.2 TRILLION works out to, what, $7,000 or $8,000 per citizen on top of Unemployment Insurance? 3 months of assurance for living would go a damn sight further than this haphazard bullshit.

If they really are worried about it, suspend welfare for those two months and make everything UBI. Fuck, see how it works and give Yang's plan a chance. It might actually not be as big a hit.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 12:49 AM   #865
RAV
Evil Dead

So about Tuckers video above, he discusses a couple issues that have already bothered me for a while. There are some basic logic issues with how we're handling the situation.

If you assume that most of the population hasn't been infected yet, and you want to contain it so to not overwhelm our system with exponential numbers, you can't actually ever lift the lockdown, because whenever you lift it, it will immediately spread exponentially... You can only lift it if you use the time to either prepare our medical system to deal with exponential spreads, or if you wait until you can vaccinate the entire population before the lift. Both option seem unrealistic, and put into question the point of all this from the start.

The other issue, there is reasonable doubt it's possible at all to even "slow" the spread with partial measures, this famous "flattening the curve". So far it has been shown that even the strictest lockdowns have barely slowed the spread at all in the affected regions. It's just that most people that tested positive were asymptomatic anyway and didn't even knew they had it.

We have never been actually serious about the lockdown anyway. We shut down all kinds of business, keep people from going to work, but yet tell them to go shopping for food with everyone else from their area... all crammed into that same space, as only way to meet others... and just put good faith into that everyone adheres to rules of social distancing, that are not even known to effectively work, since the virus seems to be even more contagious than assumed...

This idea is basically madness from a security point of view. This "containment" can't actually work. The spread will just keep going at maximum pace, or already has been going. All this "containment" really does is killing the economy.
Old 04-08-2020, 01:00 AM   #866
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAV View Post
Yes, it's still in the realm of conspiracy theory, as I pointed out in the first sentence myself.

But many people still don't understand China's mentality, since they rarely come into real contact, or take real interest in the people there.

The ability to lock down HK is worth the recession. The more you know them, the more you understand it's a price they'd be willing to pay.
You know what you don't hear anymore? How people are protesting for freedom in Hong Kong and how Corona neatly put a crimp in what could have been the most dire uprising, certainly the most visible, since Mao's Revolution. A revolution which, it should not be forgotten, was started in the western region of China near HK and often had students at the tip of the spear.

You don't hear anything about how China is illegally harvesting organs from people.

You don't hear about the in prison camps for religious re-education, especially of one particular sect of Islam. Lest you think me weak, don't get me wrong, I think convincing people to ditch Islam is great, if you can convince them through something other than torture!

You don't hear about how China has continued their purge against Christians, specifically Protestants, by burning down churches and imprisoning worshipers and pastors.

You don't hear much now about China's Human Rights abuses at all, in fact.

Quote:
For China, money really is just a means to an end. More money means more leverage to push their strategic goals. And often enough establishing these goals is worth the steep price they'll pay, they got plenty projects going to demonstrate that.
China will get it's money through geographic bilking 3rd world nations, particularly Africa, of their natural resources when they can't pay for the expensive and extensive loans China has made to them.

The Belt and Road policy is about making everything Chinese. If it can't be made Chinese it will be made to be subservient to China. Where it can't be made subservient to China they are prepared to tighten the noose as much as necessary to achieve one of those last two aims through Military

They've shown this in their actions the Philippines and other regions in SE Asia, particularly in the ocean where they continually push the bounds of action by occupying territory, building floating stations, and pushing out the international waterline further and further until they get called on it.

They don't give a shit about people as long as the aims of the CCP are met. I point to welding people inside their houses and the blatant manipulation of the UN and WHO as examples.

The Chinese Military hasn't really been tested in modern times, the billion person army is something that makes many people shit their pants and since they steal so much American technology and so many secrets it is possible they have some tricks up their sleeves compatible to ours to negate what is typically the USA's tactical advantage.

I am not convinced this Virus didn't originate through science. I am not willing to count out that it was created and accidentally released which is why, perhaps, China is having issues dealing with it themselves. A bat species not native to the Wuhan area from hundreds of miles away, but known to be heavily used at two biolabs within proximity to the Wet Market...

What is more likely:
A) The known practice of selling animals from the labs went wildly wrong and one was sold that shouldn't have

Or B:
Cats and dogs living together and SHAZAM, one of the most contagious flus in the world arrives and strikes doing significant damage to China, yes, but does MORE damage to all China's enemies.

I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin!
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 01:02 AM   #867
Eats
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
You aren't the only one I've heard this from. I had a friend in a game I play say he had to basically tell his team to take Unemployment because he couldn't guarantee he could get the loan to keep paying them during the lockdown like he wanted to because of the big miss. The paperwork is a mess, the banks don't know shit, no one is lending anything (as I suspect), everything is ass-on-fire and no one has an extinguisher needed to explain it.

Congress votes this shit in then goes on VACATION? WHAT THE FUCK?! You can count on them getting their fucking pay raise and the goddamn Kennedy Center getting their fat stacks but the people suffering and paying for this (now and we will later) crap are getting it up the poop chute.

It is disgusting. As I said in the Liberals thread, if there was ever a time for a flat 2 - 3k UBI for the next few months to regular Americans, this is it. 2.2 TRILLION works out to, what, $7,000 or $8,000 per citizen on top of Unemployment Insurance? 3 months of assurance for living would go a damn sight further than this haphazard bullshit.

If they really are worried about it, suspend welfare for those two months and make everything UBI. Fuck, see how it works and give Yang's plan a chance. It might actually not be as big a hit.
I'm not sure how much it matters if congress is on vacation or not. It is really the executive's job to implement, but the infrastructure just doesn't exist to do this shit. I bag on Trump for a lot of stuff, but this is just an impossible situation. They needed to add at least 1000+ competent staff to the sba in like a week, totally impossible. Even the big banks are completely unable to handle this situation, and I would expect them to have far greater capabilities.

I don't understand at all how congress negotiated and passed these PPP loans and allocated nowhere near enough money to them. This was an extremely easy to foresee shit show where the banks would get slammed and then not even be able to fulfill the loans.

I mean at this point they should just immediately start throwing money at businesses and try to track it later. They already have the bank account and routing numbers, they could just start wiring 10k out to everybody right now. Even that is like a drop in the pond though, the PPP loans are much, much larger. Enough to actually make payroll for 2 months.
Eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 01:09 AM   #868
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
I'm not sure how much it matters if congress is on vacation or not. It is really the executive's job to implement, but the infrastructure just doesn't exist to do this shit. I bag on Trump for a lot of stuff, but this is just an impossible situation. They needed to add at least 1000+ competent staff to the sba in like a week, totally impossible. Even the big banks are completely unable to handle this situation, and I would expect them to have far greater capabilities.

I don't understand at all how congress negotiated and passed these PPP loans and allocated nowhere near enough money to them. This was an extremely easy to foresee shit show where the banks would get slammed and then not even be able to fulfill the loans.

I mean at this point they should just immediately start throwing money at businesses and try to track it later. They already have the bank account and routing numbers, they could just start wiring 10k out to everybody right now.
Because it was never about a stimulus, it was about cramming a hundred other things in the bill like eliminating voting ID laws as Pelosi has tried to do. https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...-voter-id-abs/
Old 04-08-2020, 01:11 AM   #869
Eats
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Because it was never about a stimulus, it was about cramming a hundred other things in the bill like eliminating voting ID laws as Pelosi has tried to do. https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...-voter-id-abs/
Thank you for your completely irrelevant aside. These loan programs are bipartisan efforts.
Old 04-08-2020, 01:23 AM   #870
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Thank you for your completely irrelevant aside. These loan programs are bipartisan efforts.
Hey dipshit, read the fucking link.
Old 04-08-2020, 08:48 AM   #871
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Sad
I have stock in Alcoa. THANK YOU!

Don't be that guy:

Quote:
"...boys lining up outside a room to take a turn gang raping a woman?...I went to frat parties where shit like this was going down
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 09:11 AM   #872
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
What eats thinks he's doing when he refuses to do common sense talk and tries to beep boop his way to winning an argument.

Shumer was shilling for $25K payouts to restaurant and retail workers yesterday. No way in hell that happens. Simply a play to make D's look good and orange man bad.
Old 04-08-2020, 02:50 PM   #873
Eats
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post
Shumer was shilling for $25K payouts to restaurant and retail workers yesterday. No way in hell that happens. Simply a play to make D's look good and orange man bad.
I mean I guess that won't happen...that is not so crazy when you look at the ppp "loans" that were just passed. They are basically just giving 2.5 months of payroll to every business to pay all their employees. Almost every business is getting considerably more than 25k.
Old 04-08-2020, 02:58 PM   #874
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
I mean I guess that won't happen...that is not so crazy when you look at the ppp "loans" that were just passed. They are basically just giving 2.5 months of payroll to every business to pay all their employees. Almost every business is getting considerably more than 25k.
Stop stating things as fact that you have no knowledge of. They passed a stimulus with no plan on how it was going to work, just to stuff it with so much pork that has zero to do with the crisis.
Old 04-08-2020, 03:05 PM   #875
Eats
Developer

What facts did I state other than how the ppp works, which is correct. I just applied for it and we are getting considerably more than 25k.
Old 04-08-2020, 03:12 PM   #876
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
What facts did I state other than how the ppp works, which is correct. I just applied for it and we are getting considerably more than 25k.
Not every business is going to magically get handed 25k+ Stop. Never mind that no one can believe a single thing you say this point to begin with.
Old 04-08-2020, 04:00 PM   #877
blackzc
Evil Dead

Great sentence, bro. Quarantine from politicizing corona, lolol. Please Trump defund these fucks right now.

Old 04-08-2020, 04:31 PM   #878
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post
Great sentence, bro. Quarantine from politicizing corona, lolol. Please Trump defund these fucks right now.

Did this fool just threaten the POTUS? Anyone have background on this piece of shit?
Old 04-08-2020, 04:37 PM   #879
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

If this is accurate, it explains quite a bit.
https://www.ethiopianregistrar.com/t...ent-dissident/
Old 04-08-2020, 06:17 PM   #880
blackzc
Evil Dead

Watching the whole video, it really doesn't sound like a threat.

It sounds more like a plea to everyone. Either way. Let UN nations fund the WHO, we don't need it..