Last post by alienchild
Today 04:12 AM
7 Replies, 620 Views

Old 11-13-2018, 07:10 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Spider-Man gets a new story, new suits, and more Nov. 20th

Quote:
Here at Insomniac Games, weíve had a terrific time expanding our new and original Spider-Man story. We hope you enjoyed returning to the game recently, whether it was for New Game+ and Ultimate Difficulty, or to meet Black Cat in the first chapter of Marvelís Spider-Man: The City That Never Sleeps Ė The Heist. And, of course, if you havenít yet checked out Marvelís Spider-Man: The Heist, what are you waiting for?

With that said, weíre ready to give you a first look at the next chapter, Marvelís Spider-Man: Turf Wars.

As we hinted in Marvelís Spider-Man: The Heist, Hammerhead is the main antagonist in Marvelís Spider-Man: Turf Wars. First appearing in the 1970s via the pages of Amazing Spider-Man comic book, Hammerhead ó the organized crime boss known for his obsession with the mobís glory years and a cranium surgically enhanced into a deadly weapon ó has declared war against the other Dons of the Maggia, and are using equipment left by Sable International during its occupation of Marvelís New York. Spider-Man and Yuri Watanabe will have to team up to put an end to the violence that has erupted in the streets of the city.

Marvelís Spider-Man: Turf Wars features brand new story missions, bases, crimes, challenges, and trophies!

In addition, Marvelís Spider-Man: Turf Wars features three great new suits. We heard from many fans last May who were excited to see the new version of the Iron Spider suit in the game, but several wanted the classic Iron Spider Armor from the comics. With Marvelís Spider-Man: Turf Wars, weíre glad to bring it to the game! Speaking of armor, Marvelís Spider-Man: Turf Wars will also have the Spider-Armor MK I to help round out your MK set in the game.

Finally, we have my favorite suit in this drop Ė the Spider-Clan Suit, which leaps directly out of the pages of the Marvel Mangaverse comic books. We know how much you love these animated-style suits ó and we cannot wait to see what you do with this one in Photo Mode!

Marvel's Spider-Man: Turf Wars As with Marvelís Spider-Man: The Heist Ė we have a brand new piece of art to share.? We once again worked with famed Marvel illustrator and suit designer Adi Granov on this new image. Itís been a pleasure to continue working with him to create amazing new art for the post-launch DLC. Youíll also notice it features Spider-Man in his Velocity Suit Ė which was designed by Adi and that you can unlock in Marvelís Spider-Man (we know many of you have already!).

Marvelís Spider-Man: Turf Wars releases on November 20! It will be available for MSRP $9.99 USD, but of course, you can also purchase the entire Marvelís Spider-Man: The City That Never Sleeps bundle for MSRP $24.99 USD, which includes Marvelís Spider-Man: Turf Wars, the previously released Marvelís Spider-Man: The Heist chapter, as well as the upcoming Marvelís Spider-Man: Silver Lining chapter.

Havenít played Marvelís Spider-Man yet but want to check out the game and its DLC? The Digital Deluxe is an especially good value, including the full-game and all three Marvelís Spider-Man: The City That Never Sleeps chapters for MSRP $79.99 USD.

Thatís all for now Ė as always you can keep up with all the latest by following Insomniac Games on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram feeds for all the latest!
Click on the Headline for the Trailer.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 07:10 AM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 08:32 AM   #3
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

People are probably going to lose their minds that we're getting two more armored suits while the Raimi suit is still being omitted.
I do like the look of the new Iron Spider suit, though; I like this version much more than the MCU one.
Old 11-13-2018, 09:08 AM   #4
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

The "Raimi" suit I think you are thinking of was created and designed by Mike Zeck for Secret Wars and illustrated in the comics by Todd McFarlane.
Old 11-13-2018, 09:51 AM   #5
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
The "Raimi" suit I think you are thinking of was created and designed by Mike Zeck for Secret Wars and illustrated in the comics by Todd McFarlane.
No, I'm talking about the suit from the Sam Raimi movies.

This is the one loads of people want to see in the game.
Old 11-13-2018, 07:19 PM   #6
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
No, I'm talking about the suit from the Sam Raimi movies.

This is the one loads of people want to see in the game.
I stand corrected. I was thinking you meant the black suit, which is one that lots of people also want to see.

I think you are right, that would look good in the game.
Old 11-13-2018, 08:38 PM   #7
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

So is this one worth it? The game in general I mean, seems to be a SHIT ton of paid DLC..
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 09:39 PM   #8
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
So is this one worth it? The game in general I mean, seems to be a SHIT ton of paid DLC..
There are three add-ons, which are bundled in the season pass. Each one has a few hours worth of story content and three new costumes.

It ain't that bad.
Old 11-14-2018, 06:55 AM   #9
steved
Evil Dead

The game is worth it's money, I passed on the DLCs thou as apparently the first one is below the 2h mark and just "more of the same". The game itself is samey enough.
steved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 07:07 AM   #10
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
I stand corrected. I was thinking you meant the black suit, which is one that lots of people also want to see.

I think you are right, that would look good in the game.
No, I know why they didn't include the black suit in any capacity. They're saving that for the inevitable sequel.
Personally, I'd be fine without the Raimi suit...but the folks over at the applicable subreddits froth at the mouth every time it doesn't get included.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steved View Post
The game is worth it's money, I passed on the DLCs thou as apparently the first one is below the 2h mark and just "more of the same". The game itself is samey enough.
If you just blow through the story, it can be done in about an hour and a half. Most people are getting around 3+ hours with it when all is said and done.

As far as it being "more of the same"...that should be pretty obvious. Most DLC like this doesn't exactly shake things up too much or alter the formula too dramatically. It's not as if Insomniac was planning on completely reinventing the game for the three DLCs, after all.
Old 11-14-2018, 07:16 AM   #11
steved
Evil Dead

Still there can be "interesting" and "samey" DLCs.

AC: Origin "The Hidden Ones" was bland and samey.
AC: Origin "The Curse of the Pharaohs" brought some new ideas.

Both didn't reinvent the game, but "Hidden Ones" was just... lazy. The SpiderMan DLC feels like that, too.
steved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 08:21 AM   #12
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by steved View Post
Still there can be "interesting" and "samey" DLCs.

AC: Origin "The Hidden Ones" was bland and samey.
AC: Origin "The Curse of the Pharaohs" brought some new ideas.

Both didn't reinvent the game, but "Hidden Ones" was just... lazy. The SpiderMan DLC feels like that, too.
I'd struggle to call roughly five hours of new story content (not counting all of the side stuff) "lazy". The amount of story they're adding in as extra content is nearly as long as the entirety of Arkham Asylum's story.
Old 11-14-2018, 03:34 PM   #13
LostToys
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
You have to remember that when it comes to costumes, there is something like 40 costumes in the base game. So the added costumes are just bonus at this point, rather than something that you had wished was there in the base game.

Personally, if you can wait, wait for the Game of the Year Edition next year, so you can enjoy all the DLC. The mission stories are well written, but they really do not stand out on their own. So they are not worth purchasing, but are excellent if they come with your standard purchase.
LostToys is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
spider-man