Star Wars: The Rise of...
Last post by EL CABONG
Today 10:03 AM
3 Replies, 221 Views

Old 01-02-2015, 09:02 PM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Destiny Comet Expansion Leaked?

A huge Reddit thread has posted a leaked image showing the next retail expansion pack for Bungie's Destiny, code named "Comet".

Quote:
March 10, 2015 - Expansion pack II, The House of Wolves, is released. New missions, a strike, PVP maps, and a Raid taking place on The Reef (probably involving Fallen) is included.

September 2015 - Destiny gets a super-sized expansion pack called Plague of Darkness. It includes 2 new weapon types, 3 new subclasses, a new base level, 12 (!) new story missions, new strikes, new PVP maps, and a new Raid presumably involving Hive, taking place on one of their Hive ships. The Hive Ship also becomes a new patrol area. At the same time, the previously Playstation-exclusive strikes and weapons are released to Xbox. Additionally, to commemorate Destiny's one year anniversary, a "GOTY"-esque version of the game is released (maybe even on PC too?) It includes TDB, HoW, and PoD. All of this has been referred to as "Comet".

Late 2015 to Mid 2016 - Destiny gets another Expansion Pass which brings two more expansion packs. The first involves the Vex and includes a new raid, strikes, missions, and maps. The next expansion, the final one, Forge of Gods is later released. FoG is still in very early production, thus we know little about it. We don't know what it deals with, though most of us are hoping that it's based on the Cabal. Keep in mind, though, that Hive and Vex have "gods", though I still doubt that this expansion would deal with either race, given that we would have two Hive expansions and two Vex raids by then.

Late 2016 or Early to Mid 2017 - As Activision's contract requires, a sequel to Destiny is released. Players can transfer characters over from Destiny 1 to Destiny 2 (as this has been confirmed as possible before). Become legend... Again!
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 09:02 PM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Old 01-02-2015, 09:05 PM   #3
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

There's a slight problem with the ten year plan. Most people got sick of the game before ten weeks were up.

And there is nothing in that list that looks like it will shake things up. What a major disappointment Destiny turned out to be.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 09:23 PM   #4
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Old 01-03-2015, 06:03 AM   #5
BeachGaara
Evil Dead

The fundamental problems in Destiny are probably not going to go away. They will keep jerking people around, trying to desperately slow everyone down so they don't go through the crumbs of gameplay (hitting the casuals hardest). They keep blocking everything until I feel like boss fights will just be an empty room where we get shot at because there's no balance at all.

Why do I keep playing this shit? Right now I'm sat on destinylfg looking for a CE cheese....
BeachGaara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 06:57 AM   #6
Major Dan
Conductor Dan

Sadly the DLC for this game doesn't really excite me for the price at all. I really enjoy the base game, but once you get to the upper levels, I am just about level 28, it really gets to be work. They needed more story that I do not have to pay for. I will try to pick up the DLCs at discount in the future. The PVP may get me to play it in the mean time.
Old 01-03-2015, 07:50 AM   #7
Accursed
Death Knight

I've been playing for about three weeks. The 100 marks per week cap is silly, this week I reached it in 2 days and now I have to rely on rngesus for peices of missing gear. This was going to be the week I finally buy something from Xur but he seems to have found the exact combo that has me wanting nothing of his. Crucible marks at 2-3 at a time are painful....

And all my purple endgrams that had armor have been for classes I don't yet play...

Core gameplay is fun and I don't mind some of the grind, but yeah I can see getting to a point where it just won't be worth it anymore...
Accursed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 08:00 AM   #8
BeachGaara
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accursed View Post
This was going to be the week I finally buy something from Xur but he seems to have found the exact combo that has me wanting nothing of his.
That's like every week for me now.

I only want Icebreaker, Gjallarhorn, Heart of Praxic Fire and Obsidian Mind.

That's literally it.

I'm collecting the weapons purely as something to do.
Old 01-03-2015, 10:24 AM   #9
Suicidal ShiZuru
Mutual Hatred

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachGaara View Post
The fundamental problems in Destiny are probably not going to go away. They will keep jerking people around, trying to desperately slow everyone down so they don't go through the crumbs of gameplay (hitting the casuals hardest). They keep blocking everything until I feel like boss fights will just be an empty room where we get shot at because there's no balance at all.

Why do I keep playing this shit? Right now I'm sat on destinylfg looking for a CE cheese....

Hey look another one of those morons with no skill who likes to use a stupid ass term for playing like a stupid asshole and using exploits because he sucks. Uninstall the game and never look back the community will be better off without scrubs like you. The fundamental problem with Destiny is that console players are fucking pathetic and there are too many handicaps in the game to prop up retards. They want it to appeal to way too many people which has backfired and the simplicity of the "raids" is laughable. They blew all their load on VoG and the content updates are weak as hell.

The game has many flaws but the worst by far is how it lets idiotic players shit all over everything with no punishment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachGaara View Post
It looks like you're a brainless moron without anything better to do.
Old 01-03-2015, 10:50 AM   #10
Oddmaker
Developer

To be honest, I'm playing this but I don't have a clue on what I'm suppose to do, it's not explained very well.. I'm just playing the story for now.
Old 01-03-2015, 11:53 AM   #11
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddmaker View Post
To be honest, I'm playing this but I don't have a clue on what I'm suppose to do, it's not explained very well.. I'm just playing the story for now.
After the story you grind for rep, gear and parts to upgrade said gear. That's it.
Old 01-03-2015, 12:01 PM   #12
Suicidal ShiZuru
Mutual Hatred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddmaker View Post

Destiny is an allegorical video game displaying the cyclical nature of life and essentially represents purgatory. As for the "story" there isn't one... What represents a plot is merely the framework for you to believe there is purpose in your existence.
Old 01-03-2015, 12:12 PM   #13
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicidal ShiZuru View Post
Destiny is an allegorical video game displaying the cyclical nature of life and essentially represents purgatory. As for the "story" there isn't one... What represents a plot is merely the framework for you to believe there is purpose in your existence.
Old 01-03-2015, 06:16 PM   #14
BeachGaara
Evil Dead

Quote:
Hey look another one of those morons with no skill who likes to use a stupid ass term for playing like a stupid asshole and using exploits because he sucks. Uninstall the game and never look back the community will be better off without scrubs like you. The fundamental problem with Destiny is that console players are fucking pathetic and there are too many handicaps in the game to prop up retards. They want it to appeal to way too many people which has backfired and the simplicity of the "raids" is laughable. They blew all their load on VoG and the content updates are weak as hell.

The game has many flaws but the worst by far is how it lets idiotic players shit all over everything with no punishment.

Are you done little child?
Old 01-04-2015, 06:55 PM   #15
karaliusbronius
Evil Dead

I love this game, I can't wait for more DLC! I do think the game should have shipped with more missions than it did, but its getting there. Now if only I had some more Radiant shards for 32!!
karaliusbronius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 08:37 AM   #16
LikeTheRazor
Evil Dead

Quote:

Or maybe the game is just plain bad.
LikeTheRazor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 08:48 AM   #17
Suicidal ShiZuru
Mutual Hatred

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeTheRazor View Post
Or maybe the game is just plain bad.
The game has plenty of flaws everyone knows this... Yet it's rather obvious if you put any time in to it that the community is horrible and makes things worse. The fact that "cheesing" is a "strategy" lays on Bungie for being incompetent with their design but the fact that players think it's an acceptable way to play is just absurd and the exact kind of shit console scrubs latch on to. It ruins the entire experience of a fight and makes setting up a group more like trying to hire a god damn employee since more often than not the players you encounter are practically brain dead with no qualifications or expectations of what is to be done. Now again it falls on Bungie for their stupid RNG system and the lack of explanation to players about what to do but then again no one takes any god damn initiative to learn the simple mechanics of a basic FPS. The majority of people don't even match up shield types for proper elemental damage...

Tags
destiny