Today 02:06 AM
25 Replies, 1,892 Views
» Promotion

Old 10-23-2017, 11:50 AM   #61
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredT View Post
I fucking can't stand Spectral or 3/4s of the users here.. but Evil Avatar is not one to censor people for disagreeing. That is totally in the realm of the idiotic far left.
Of course you do, you're also a fucking whiny cunt so you have that going for you.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 01:36 PM   #62
Exodus
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Of course you do, you're also a fucking whiny cunt so you have that going for you.
I gotta admit this made me laugh and because it is allowed is makes this place tolerable.

I posted maybe 5x on neogaf 5yrs ago and got banned when I pointed out how stupid kotaku is posting some article about how female heroes are portrayed in games eg. hypersexualized and in the next post under it is some hypersexualized anime grrl fig underneath it.
Old 10-23-2017, 02:05 PM   #63
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
I gotta admit this made me laugh and because it is allowed is makes this place tolerable.

I posted maybe 5x on neogaf 5yrs ago and got banned when I pointed out how stupid kotaku is posting some article about how female heroes are portrayed in games eg. hypersexualized and in the next post under it is some hypersexualized anime grrl fig underneath it.
Censorship is authoritarianism. It's no wonder those on the left don't have any second thoughts about squelching those that don't agree with them all while whining about their personal bubbles being violated. The way the left thinks is free speech is all about controlled agreement with their agenda.

I can't remember who called it a while back, maybe Terran or Venom that normalizing pedos would be one of the next things on their list. And low and behold that's exactly what they're trying to do now.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 02:48 PM   #64
Terran
Evil Dead

I've been here well over a decade. The company is great overall and the water is warm (because it's Evil's place and he pees in the pool).

But seriously, it's Mos Eisley. Who doesn't love that? I do!
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 03:07 PM   #65
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

I don’t like to ban people. It usually only happens in extreme cases. Most of the time I warn people to ratchet it down, if I’m getting complaints about their conduct.

My view is this site is for the big boys, not a ‘safe space’. And I don’t think a moderator should step in the middle of debates, or arguments, like some all knowing overlord because they have a certain level of access on the website.

“Whatever you can do to have a good time, let's get on with it, So long as it doesn't cause a murder” - Frank Zappa
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 03:23 PM   #66
Lutheran
Dreadnought

I couldn't take the extreme liberalism that fueled that site. A different opinion is just not tolerated. So I stayed out of most of those types of conversations. I try and be nice to everyone, it doesn't matter to me what their gender or race is or even their political stance. My blood boils when someone else decides my viewpoint shouldn't be heard and I am in fact a white supremacist if I don't completely bend over on every liberal talking point.
Old 10-23-2017, 03:44 PM   #67
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

I've always loved the open and free forums here!
Old 10-23-2017, 10:59 PM   #68
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

Yes, it's about the only game forum I hang out in aside from IGN, but there's too much noise in there. Highly tempted to donate for that T-shirt but let's see how my MSFT stock does after earnings because $25 a month ain't no laughing matter.
Old 10-24-2017, 12:46 AM   #69
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
Yes, it's about the only game forum I hang out in aside from IGN, but there's too much noise in there. Highly tempted to donate for that T-shirt but let's see how my MSFT stock does after earnings because $25 a month ain't no laughing matter.
Which reminds me that I need to order more shirts.
Old 10-24-2017, 12:48 AM   #70
Kawika
Dread Lord

I've been a long time NeoGaf user (insert boos here). I primarily used it for retro gaming specific threads. All the politics and anger does not interest me in the least so I never felt part of that community outside the retro boards.

A thing ended and I am mainly only sad to lose all the posts for retro stuff. Most of that community left so there is no reason to go back. I wish there was a more active retro community here outside of the MJR video posts.
Kawika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 12:58 AM   #71
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawika View Post
I've been a long time NeoGaf user (insert boos here). I primarily used it for retro gaming specific threads. All the politics and anger does not interest me in the least so I never felt part of that community outside the retro boards.

A thing ended and I am mainly only sad to lose all the posts for retro stuff. Most of that community left so there is no reason to go back. I wish there was a more active retro community here outside of the MJR video posts.
It is on my wish list to build a retro arcade cabinate for my home. I don’t think I will ever do much with retro gaming outside of that. I’m mostly interested in Vector graphics titles. The older 8 and 16 bit stuff I find too difficult to play outside of a few classics. (Difficult to enjoy the graphics I mean.)

Love all the retro stuff though, I agree that I wish we did more with it. Submit some news when you find it and fill us in!
Old 10-24-2017, 03:05 AM   #72
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
Which reminds me that I need to order more shirts.
We need a tattoo design. I’ve put thousands of hours into EvAv over the year. It’s high time I put it down in ink.
Old 10-24-2017, 04:11 AM   #73
Rommel
International Playboy

As much as I am loathe to link to NeoGAF, the websites covering the story as news prefer to dice up the public statement by Evil Lore, so there it is in its entirety. I have never browsed NeoGAF in my life but is that the usual writing level from the man? If someone accused me of something where there were "Plenty of evidence and witnesses to corroborate," I'd have gotten ahead of it a lot more quickly with a more focused statement. Instead, he drones on about the moderation team resigning, whom would have been better served if he had told them to ignore the posts about the uproar to prevent exactly the burnout he describes.

Then again... my victims never talk so I guess I don't need to point out I'm ahead of the game.
drive into the daughter's womb proper, fill the uterus with the dick snot
Quote:
Originally Posted by screwyluie View Post
Rommel gave the right answer
*Not in context
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 09:35 AM   #74
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emabulator View Post
We need a tattoo design. I’ve put thousands of hours into EvAv over the year. It’s high time I put it down in ink.
Agreed, though we might be changing our Logo to go with the new site.
Old 10-24-2017, 09:36 AM   #75
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawika View Post

And now we have a retro games forum.
Old 10-24-2017, 09:49 AM   #76
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel View Post

Then again... my victims never talk so I guess I don't need to point out I'm ahead of the game.
If he had come correctly he could still have his 10 Million dollar website, and gotten laid in the shower with ol girl. But she smelled his fear. *sniff *sniff.
Old 10-24-2017, 09:49 AM   #77
rubbishfoo
Evil Dead

Quote:
Agreed, though we might be changing our Logo to go with the new site.
I'm surprised to hear that.

I've always really liked the site logo. Has a 'comic-book-esque' kind of action to it. Change isn't a bad thing, and it's not my choice, but ya know... the ol 'don't fix what isn't broken'.
Old 10-24-2017, 09:56 AM   #78
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
And now we have a retro games forum.
If there is anything that can get me talking about something other than politics its retro games.
Old 10-24-2017, 04:11 PM   #79
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

GAMING FORUM NEOGAF COLLAPSING FOLLOWING SEXUAL ASSAULT ALLEGATIONS TOWARD SITE OWNER [UPDATE]

Quote:
Since the initial allegations for sexual assault, NeoGAF owner Tyler Malka has issued a statement to Vice Waypoint regarding Ima Leupp saying the film director is a “a deeply disturbed, malicious individual” and that she had “two separate public mental breakdowns” during an E3 trip when they no longer dated each other. Malka also said the breakdowns were related to a “history of serious mental illness.” Leupp has said these claims are “bullshit.”

Malka rented an AirBnB for himself and a group of mutual friends, including Leupp, who said Malka is “rape-y” and described his actions as “inappropriate.” Leupp also noted he was pursuing a new girl in the group out of spite – because she was no longer interested in him. Leupp notes that he was “trying to get her drunk, being really hands-y, taking her away from the group a lot, and isolating her.”

Malka said that the original post where Leupp alleged he forced himself on her when she was seeing someone else came from the hostility from the E3 trip. “This Facebook post allegation she posted a few days ago is the story she first invented for startlingly petty and malicious reasons during that whole love triangle situation years ago,” he said.

Since their fallout after this incident, they’ve blocked each other on social media. NeoGAF is functional and its content restored, however, all the moderation staff have resigned and Malka has resorted to using “Modbot” to hide the number of moderators, if any, have returned to the site. The reason is to protect the identities of the moderators, as Malka claims the community has become too toxic for them to publicly be known as moderators.

Malka’s statement on the website doesn’t address the allegations in any shape or form, nor does it really address the fact that lots of users have either left, are now banned after demanding to be banned, or have formed their own groups and forums because of the allegations.
Old 10-24-2017, 05:47 PM   #80
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

So many snarky comments about that story and her follow up comments about how many aggressions she suffers daily and on top of her assault by Malka (with his creeper rap-y bona fide already established). Of course if you look at her history you'll see she's definitely way, way (way) to the left so IMO she's under constant fragile mental state. He should have known better.

Let this serve as a lesson to any who would entwine themselves with an overly leftist person in their life! It's also think it's funny she has a Myspace account called "urmomlastnite".

I love it the article seems to be saying people are going to NeoGaf and asking to be banned.

Instead I guess we'll just have to stick with how much fun it is to watch the left eat itself meme.

Ragnorok! (reminds me, I need to pre-order my tickets).
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gamergate, neogaf, pussies, sex offenders, shut it down!, sjw, sjws