Last post by Apex
Yesterday 05:46 AM
2 Replies, 373 Views

Old 02-14-2020, 06:27 PM   #41
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
This is just goddamned rich coming from you, of all people.
Here's where you're wrong. I routinely say to each their own. That being said I'm still going to offer an opinion even if it bunches up some panties.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 06:46 PM   #42
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Here's where you're wrong. I routinely say to each their own. That being said I'm still going to offer an opinion even if it bunches up some panties.
You've practically called people pedophiles for enjoying Nintendo IPs. You're regularly judging people for the types of games they like to play, so "to each their own" isn't really the sentiment you're getting across.
Old 02-14-2020, 06:48 PM   #43
Chief Smash
Subscriber

Quote:
Naw have been playing a ton of PS4 tho. Skyrim, Fallout 4
Why would you play either of those on a PS4?
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 09:14 PM   #44
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
Old 02-14-2020, 10:42 PM   #45
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Easier to watch the kid in the living room rather than my office and I got GOTY/Special editions of both for super fucking cheap.
Old 02-14-2020, 10:43 PM   #46
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
You've practically called people pedophiles for enjoying Nintendo IPs. You're regularly judging people for the types of games they like to play, so "to each their own" isn't really the sentiment you're getting across.
Sure, if you get your rocks off on games aimed at 7 year olds over everything else, I do personally think there's likely something wrong with you but again, if it floats your fucking boat.
Old 02-14-2020, 10:51 PM   #47
Chief Smash
Subscriber

Quote:
Easier to watch the kid in the living room rather than my office and I got GOTY/Special editions of both for super fucking cheap.
So you're playing an inferior version of the game due to convenience. I'm disappointed.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 11:11 PM   #48
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
So you're playing an inferior version of the game due to convenience. I'm disappointed.
I'm playing the same version, with the same mod support, now if I were playing a Switch version you'd have a leg to stand on. But visually the PS4 version looks exactly the same as the PC version on both titles.
Old 02-15-2020, 12:32 AM   #49
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

Quote:
But visually the PS4 version looks exactly the same as the PC version on both titles.
It's been a bit, but last I heard the console versions (Skyrim at least) couldn't go past 30fps. Maybe they've fixed it? So yeah, I think this is just plain wrong here...
Mozain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 12:36 AM   #50
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozain View Post
It's been a bit, but last I heard the console versions (Skyrim at least) couldn't go past 30fps. Maybe they've fixed it? So yeah, I think this is just plain wrong here...
Maybe they run better on the pro? I haven't a clue, the frame rate is smooth for me anyway though Fallout does hitch every so often but it does that on PC as well. That Gamebryo engine Bethesda still uses is getting long in the tooth.
Old 02-15-2020, 06:15 AM   #51
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Sure, if you get your rocks off on games aimed at 7 year olds over everything else, I do personally think there's likely something wrong with you but again, if it floats your fucking boat.
See, this is exactly what I mean; you're ridiculously judgmental about other people's gaming habits - while also making wild, baseless assumptions about said habits - only to get upset when someone does the same to you. Yeah, I'll spend some of my gaming time playing stuff like a Mario game or Pokemon; while they're "family-friendly" games, there's more to them going on underneath the hood that makes them enjoyable for a very wide variety of people. I'll also spend just as much time with games like Death Stranding, RDR2, God of War, and a plethora of "adult" games. It all just depends upon the mood I'm in, and what I'm looking to play at that particular moment.

There isn't a person out there who honestly believes the Switch is a powerhouse device. It can, however, run a surprising number of games, and the fact that it can disconnect from the TV is great. I will accept a hit in the visuals department as a trade-off for being able to take it with me on trips. My Switch sees most of its use from my couch, though; it's great for being able to play a game while spending some quiet downtime with my wife. There are a multitude of reasons to opt for a Switch version of a game, even if some of the visual fidelity isn't quite there.

I digress.

What I'm trying to say is, if you're going to actively and brazenly mock people for their gaming habits and taste, you need to learn take it on the chin when someone inevitably does the same to you. Anything else just makes you look like a whiny hypocrite. You're free to love and hate whatever sort of games you like, but all of your judgmental horse shit - which is always followed up with a bizarre narrative you've made up in your head - is just tired, and old.
Old 02-15-2020, 07:37 AM   #52
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
See, this is exactly what I mean; you're ridiculously judgmental about other people's gaming habits - while also making wild, baseless assumptions about said habits - only to get upset when someone does the same to you. Yeah, I'll spend some of my gaming time playing stuff like a Mario game or Pokemon; while they're "family-friendly" games, there's more to them going on underneath the hood that makes them enjoyable for a very wide variety of people. I'll also spend just as much time with games like Death Stranding, RDR2, God of War, and a plethora of "adult" games. It all just depends upon the mood I'm in, and what I'm looking to play at that particular moment.

There isn't a person out there who honestly believes the Switch is a powerhouse device. It can, however, run a surprising number of games, and the fact that it can disconnect from the TV is great. I will accept a hit in the visuals department as a trade-off for being able to take it with me on trips. My Switch sees most of its use from my couch, though; it's great for being able to play a game while spending some quiet downtime with my wife. There are a multitude of reasons to opt for a Switch version of a game, even if some of the visual fidelity isn't quite there.

I digress.

What I'm trying to say is, if you're going to actively and brazenly mock people for their gaming habits and taste, you need to learn take it on the chin when someone inevitably does the same to you. Anything else just makes you look like a whiny hypocrite. You're free to love and hate whatever sort of games you like, but all of your judgmental horse shit - which is always followed up with a bizarre narrative you've made up in your head - is just tired, and old.
I don't completely disagree with you actually, my issue is if someone is spending all their free time as an adult playing games that are absolutely aimed at pre teens, there's likely something seriously flawed with them. If their mind is so stuck on shit that a 5 year old would enjoy that's kinda troubling. Besides it's so easy to rile the Nintendo faithful to begin with it's quite hard to resist to begin with.

Take Zelda: BOTW as a prime example, the entire game is made up practically of doing puzzle shrines that are simplistic as fuck, the game has a terrible weapon mechanic, dated visuals, yet because it has the Nintendo seal of quality on the box people and games media hail it as some masterpiece next coming of Christ. When in reality it's truly not.

This is the reason I give you guys shit. Nintendo could shit in a box for their next hardware offering and you guys would make a shit sandwich out of it and claim it's the best tasting sandwich ever.
Old 02-15-2020, 12:39 PM   #53
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

Quote:
Maybe they run better on the pro? I haven't a clue, the frame rate is smooth for me anyway though Fallout does hitch every so often but it does that on PC as well. That Gamebryo engine Bethesda still uses is getting long in the tooth.
I believe the pro version also cannot exceed 30fps (and still drops below even). 30fps (even consistent) looks terrible, and this day and age anything below 60 is unacceptable. Hell, the only thing that should be running 60fps even is fighting games because those need to be frame locked and timed. I hope when consoles aren't complete trash we can even bump that up.
Old 02-15-2020, 01:43 PM   #54
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
I believe the pro version also cannot exceed 30fps (and still drops below even). 30fps (even consistent) looks terrible, and this day and age anything below 60 is unacceptable. Hell, the only thing that should be running 60fps even is fighting games because those need to be frame locked and timed. I hope when consoles aren't complete trash we can even bump that up.
eh looks fine to me on a 50 inch 4k tv. Obviously 60fps is king but to say anything below is unplayable is just fucking snobbish.
Old 02-15-2020, 03:50 PM   #55
31 Flavas
Baskin-Robbins

Quote:
Yea, and you're the one playing along with everyone else now Welcome on board, you'll find good games and fun times
[The DS] was a huge success because it had basically zero competition.
31 Flavas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 04:04 PM   #56
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
LOL what a pathetic fanboy you truly are. Show us on the dolly where Mario touched you inappropriately. Also drink your soy you sound like a whiny fag to be honest.

haha.

Quote:
The amount of low key twitter and twitch freaks that migrate towards nintendo and retro is disturbing. I will be glad when nintendo does something to piss them off and they collectively move to all indie or something.

I like nintendo, i dont need all my games to be super serial, i have the internet for that. Nintendo is the LAST company out there can give me a nice pleasant place to play a game.
Old 02-15-2020, 06:03 PM   #57
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post
haha.

The amount of low key twitter and twitch freaks that migrate towards nintendo and retro is disturbing. I will be glad when nintendo does something to piss them off and they collectively move to all indie or something.

I like nintendo, i dont need all my games to be super serial, i have the internet for that. Nintendo is the LAST company out there can give me a nice pleasant place to play a game.
That and the amount of hardcore lefties that prefer kiddie games is actually kinda astounding, but in a way predictable.
Old 02-15-2020, 07:15 PM   #58
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

Quote:
eh looks fine to me on a 50 inch 4k tv. Obviously 60fps is king but to say anything below is unplayable is just fucking snobbish.
It was something imposed by technical limitations at the time which no longer exist... You know, like platformers.

We've moved beyond that and these days there's no reason why anyone should have to put up with it. Hell, they changed sections that were locked at 30fps in MK11 (Cinematics and X-ray moves) on the PC to match the proper 60fps simply because it was unacceptable to have that limitation artificially imposed.

You know what else looks fine to some people on a 50 inch 4k TV? Switch games. But as we both know that's not an excuse for objectively inferior products right? Riiiight?
Old 02-15-2020, 07:19 PM   #59
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
It was something imposed by technical limitations at the time which no longer exist... You know, like platformers.

We've moved beyond that and these days there's no reason why anyone should have to put up with it. Hell, they changed sections that were locked at 30fps in MK11 (Cinematics and X-ray moves) on the PC to match the proper 60fps simply because it was unacceptable to have that limitation artificially imposed.

You know what else looks fine to some people on a 50 inch 4k TV? Switch games. But as we both know that's not an excuse for objectively inferior products right? Riiiight?
Yet we still see tons of shitty platformers and platform mechanics in games. Go figure. And sure the switch looks fine in it's 1280 x 720 max resolution. Just imagine how much better switch games could look on a high end tv if Nintendo, who has more money than God at this point, weren't such fucking cheapskates on hardware.
Old 02-15-2020, 07:39 PM   #60
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Yet we still see tons of shitty platformers and platform mechanics in games. Go figure. And sure the switch looks fine in it's 1280 x 720 max resolution. Just imagine how much better switch games could look on a high end tv if Nintendo, who has more money than God at this point, weren't such fucking cheapskates on hardware.
I wish the Switch were more powerful too, so we could get direct copies of AAA games instead of ports a year later, but they know that most people are still playing it handheld and that is what they keep targeting.

Plus, them being cheap on hardware means that they always make money selling the system, where Sony and *** always end up losing money on the hardware.

Tags
nintendo, spec bait, switch