Last post by Apex
Yesterday 05:46 AM
2 Replies, 373 Views

Old 02-14-2020, 07:00 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Marvelís Avengers Special Editions and Pre-order Bonuses Announced

Quote:
Square Enix Announces Marvel's Avengers: Earth Mightiest Edition, Deluxe Edtion and Pre-order Bonus

Square Enix announced today that Marvelís Avengers: Earthís Mightiest Edition and Deluxe Edition will be available alongside the Standard Edition on September 4, 2020. Further, players who pre-order any version of the game will receive guaranteed access to the Beta (at participating retailers), a Marvel Legacy Outfit pack, and an exclusive nameplate.

The Marvel's Avengers Deluxe Edition includes an exclusive Obsidian Outfit pack (six hero outfits), six exclusive Obsidian nameplates, and 72-hour early access.

Marvel's Avengers: Earthís Mightiest Edition features a full color 12Ē statue of Captain America. Designed by the artisans at Gentle Giant, this deluxe high-quality PVC statue captures every texture and detail on Captain Americaís uniform. Marvelís Avengers: Earthís Mightiest Edition also includes a copy of the Deluxe Edition, an exclusive SteelBook case, Hulk Bobblehead, Mjolnir Keychain, Black Widowís Belt Buckle, Iron Manís Prototype Amor Blueprints, Kamala Khanís Honorary Avenger Pin, a commemorative Avengers group photo, and 72-hour early access before the September 4, 2020 release date.

At participating retailers, those who pre-order Marvelís Avengers will receive either a limited-edition pin set, patch set, digital comic book, or SteelBook designed by legendary Marvel artist Mark Brooks. The company also kicked-off its pre-order program today, which includes guaranteed access to the Beta, an exclusive nameplate, and a Marvel Legacy Outfit pack. These Marvel Legacy Outfits are inspired by moments from the comics that defined who each Super Hero was as they first embraced their powers to become the icons they are today.

In addition, players who pre-order their copy of Marvelís Avengers from the PlayStation Store will receive additional pre-order bonuses, including a Ms. Marvel ďTalk to the HandĒ emote and ďMarvelís Avengers: Hex Pattern LogoĒ dynamic theme. The exclusive Digital Edition on the PlayStation Store includes an exclusive Ms. Marvel nameplate and 1,000 credits which can be used towards Super Hero customizations. This edition also includes 72-hour early access when the game launches in September. PlayStation 4 players can also play the beta first when they pre-order any edition on PS4.

Marvelís Avengers will release simultaneously for the PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One, Stadia, and PC on September 4, 2020.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 07:00 AM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Old 02-14-2020, 07:02 AM   #3
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Old 02-14-2020, 07:05 AM   #4
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

That statue looks as ugly as the character art. I hoped with almost a year to go that they might stop and try to improve the character art -- double that since they must have received a mountain of feedback by now about how ugly the game is.

It doesn't look like it. Instead they are doubling down with bad art, a terrible special edition full of ugly junk and the SJW Ms. Marvel (who isn't even an Avenger) on the cover.
Old 02-14-2020, 12:08 PM   #5
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Yeah, the only saving grace is that this is Marvel. That may sell some copies but without good art, and the VO not matching the movie voices (which at this point has set the mark) I worry about it's sales. I don't know how many people will care about the obvious injection of SJW Marvel but it may confuse people as to the difference between Ms. Marvel, Captain Marvel, and Mr. Fantastic. The collectors edition add-ons are great if you like the art on the status. The other stuff is pretty bog-standard.

The mass market is just too used to Iron Man being RDJ and Captain America sounding like Chris Evans, etc.. They didn't even try to get a Sound-Alikes.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 04:34 PM   #6
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
The mass market is just too used to Iron Man being RDJ and Captain America sounding like Chris Evans, etc.. They didn't even try to get a Sound-Alikes.
I think the problem stems from the fact that they opted to go a little too close to the movie designs for the default costumes. Sony's Spider-Man featured a Peter Parker that didn't look or sound like any of the actors to play the character...and it was met with rave reviews.

Things would have been perfectly fine with versions that didn't look or sound like the MCU versions of the characters. Instead, they decided to go with designs that look almost - but not quite - like the MCU versions...and it just doesn't work. They should have hewed closer to the comic book versions, in terms of their looks.
Old 02-14-2020, 07:55 PM   #7
vivafletcher
Evil Dead

Why not spend a little more money and get the actors to license their likenesses and voices? The movies aren't making enough money to cough up the cash?

Penny wise, pound foolish imo.
vivafletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 08:05 PM   #8
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivafletcher View Post
Why not spend a little more money and get the actors to license their likenesses and voices? The movies aren't making enough money to cough up the cash?

Penny wise, pound foolish imo.
I doubt they could afford what those real voice actors get, but the solution to that is to make the characters look different from the movie versions, ie make them look like the comics, or to hire voice actors who can imitate the real actors and make the costumes look exactly like the movies.

Either one would work. But, it isn't just that the costumes look different from the movies, it's mostly that the costumes just look bad.
Old 02-14-2020, 08:37 PM   #9
vivafletcher
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
I doubt they could afford what those real voice actors get, but the solution to that is to make the characters look different from the movie versions, ie make them look like the comics, or to hire voice actors who can imitate the real actors and make the costumes look exactly like the movies.

Either one would work. But, it isn't just that the costumes look different from the movies, it's mostly that the costumes just look bad.
If Square is going to license Marvel, I think they should do it right. Spend the money. These are iconic movie characters now. Not just comic characters. Hemsworth is Thor. Evans is Cap. Downey, Jr. is Iron Man. They'll always be known as the "classic" MCU lineup.

This feels like a knock off and won't play as well with the masses imo. And the masses are what determines if a game makes money or not. Not really people like us.

Spiderman is a different situation, since there is no one iconic actor who's played the character the whole time. So it's a great game that isn't missing anything by not having one guy's likeness in the role.
vivafletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 11:22 PM   #10
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
I doubt they could afford what those real voice actors get
You'd be surprised how inexpensive VO work is in the grand scheme of things and how Sound Alikes are exponentially far less expensive.

Depending on how you schedule it (for example if you find a good recording studio in proximity to the actors rather than having the actor come to you, ala Heimsworth with Thor needing to potentially travel from Australia or from a shooting location and all the associated expenses) you might get a couple days out of them for as little as $40,000 (remember, this game likely has a $20m+ budget) depending on the word count and how strenuous the dialog.

If you go with sound-alikes that could easily be cut to $2000 - $4000 for the same amount of work and you would easily find plenty of professional options in a major media hub like LA, San Fran, Seattle, Austin, Dallas, Atlanta, New York, etc..

Finally, there are amateur VO sites on the web where people will provide their services for super cheap and you can audition pretty easily there. Even Fiverr is a possible venue for looking for cheap sound-alike talent. You'd be surprised at the quality of people just hanging out who do stuff like this as a hobby. Get them into a halfway decent studio and you'd never be able to tell the difference between them and someone 3 or 4* the cost.

That's why things like this are such a shame. I suspect Square or Marvel didn't want to make this part of the MCU lore and are barred from presenting it as MCU or using MCU voices, etc. In that case they should have stayed away from the Avengers, the premier MCU team at this point in time, and mined a different part of the IP.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
marvel's avengers