Last post by Evil Avatar
Yesterday 07:21 PM
0 Replies, 240 Views

Old 07-21-2018, 02:55 PM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - Official Comic-Con Trailer

Quote:
Warner Bros. Pictures’ “Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald” is the second of five all new adventures in J.K. Rowling’s Wizarding World™.

At the end of the first film, the powerful Dark wizard Gellert Grindelwald (Johnny Depp) was captured by MACUSA (Magical Congress of the United States of America), with the help of Newt Scamander (Eddie Redmayne). But, making good on his threat, Grindelwald escaped custody and has set about gathering followers, most unsuspecting of his true agenda: to raise pure-blood wizards up to rule over all non-magical beings.

In an effort to thwart Grindelwald’s plans, Albus Dumbledore (Jude Law) enlists his former student Newt Scamander, who agrees to help, unaware of the dangers that lie ahead. Lines are drawn as love and loyalty are tested, even among the truest friends and family, in an increasingly divided wizarding world.

The film features an ensemble cast led by Eddie Redmayne, Katherine Waterston, Dan Fogler, Alison Sudol, Ezra Miller, with Jude Law and Johnny Depp. The cast also includes, Zoë Kravitz, Callum Turner, Claudia Kim, William Nadylam, Kevin Guthrie, Carmen Ejogo, and Poppy Corby-Tuech.

“Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald” is directed by David Yates, from a screenplay by J.K. Rowling. The film is produced by David Heyman, J.K. Rowling, Steve Kloves and Lionel Wigram.

Slated for release on November 16, 2018, the film will be distributed worldwide in 2D and 3D in select theatres and IMAX by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 02:55 PM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 03:24 PM   #3
Terran
Evil Dead

Every time I see Eddie Redmayne, I want to pop him one in the chin to get his eyes to a horizontal level with the world around him.

Giving people more of their own money...WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS? :D
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 04:14 PM   #4
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Eddie Redmayne is an instant no-theater movie for me. I don't find he has any charisma at all and certainly not enough to carry a movie as the leading "man".

And Johnny Depp had better count his lucky stars he's in a Harry Potter movie to help stop his slide from irrelevance. His last bunch of movies have NOT been helpful to his career.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 04:16 AM   #5
Romulex
Peon

Either way this ends up turning out, I hope it turns out for the best. I'm fully aware of people making sequels to major movies only for then to be bombs against the original. I will defiantly be keeping an eye on it when it comes out. Still love the Harry Potter series myself and the first F.B.A.W.T.F.T. so I just beg for them not do anything stupid.
Old 07-23-2018, 05:11 AM   #6
Chief Smash
Evil Dead

Dan Fogler made the first movie in my view. My wife is a big Harry Potter fan but aside from Fogler, I felt like the first movie was a bit sterile. There's no real wonder left to this world. They wave their wands and anything and everything happens with no effort at all. Part of the fun of the initial books and movies was seeing that magic was a skill that took effort and time to learn and to practice properly. And what is it with wizards building their world so that extreme danger lies around every corner? Hogwarts was a death trap. It would be like us sending our kids to a school where hungry lions roamed the halls. Newt's bag was the same, filled with danger that he gladly exposes his new found friend to. After a while it becomes unbelievable even for a movie about wizards.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 05:39 AM   #7
Terran
Evil Dead

The cast sounds like a real hoot. Their latest event involved them calling for impeachment. Because what's an entertainment event without political ruminations from idiot actors?

Giving people more of their own money...WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS? :D
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 07:23 AM   #8
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
Dan Fogler made the first movie in my view. My wife is a big Harry Potter fan but aside from Fogler, I felt like the first movie was a bit sterile. There's no real wonder left to this world. They wave their wands and anything and everything happens with no effort at all. Part of the fun of the initial books and movies was seeing that magic was a skill that took effort and time to learn and to practice properly. And what is it with wizards building their world so that extreme danger lies around every corner? Hogwarts was a death trap. It would be like us sending our kids to a school where hungry lions roamed the halls. Newt's bag was the same, filled with danger that he gladly exposes his new found friend to. After a while it becomes unbelievable even for a movie about wizards.
Dan Fogler's character was, without a doubt, my favorite part of the first movie.

Overall, I think I'll enjoy this prequel series more than the originals, mainly because they're not focusing on a bunch of 11-year-olds who bumble their way into saving the day. Harry Potter is definitely more of my wife's thing, but I got more into the series after Voldemort came back and shit started to get real.

These movies will suffer from the same drawbacks all prequels suffer from, but I think the journey seems like it'll be worth the price of entry.

Tags
crimes of grindelwald, fantastic beasts