PlayStation 5 Will Not...
Last post by Meeks
03-31-2020 09:50 PM
32 Replies, 1,333 Views

Old 02-25-2020, 02:37 PM   #1
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Bob Iger Done as Disney CEO Effective Today

Tech Crunch (and a whole ton of other places that I don't want to give clicks to) are telling us Bob Iger, the CEO of Disney since 2005 is stepping down effective today instead of seeing out his contract till 2021 as expected.

Quote:
The Walt Disney Company announced this afternoon that Robert Iger, the company’s long-time CEO who ushered in the company’s lush franchise and entertainment platform profits, will step down immediately as chief executive. Bob Chapek, a long-time senior exec at the company who most recently held the position of Chairman of Disney Parks, Experiences and Products, will succeed him.

Chapek, as head of Disney’s Parks Division was a somewhat divisive figure in that he led with a ‘value engineering’ (the Imagineering word for trimming cool stuff) and budget concious strategy instead of the more popular ‘let Imagineers do the most’ tactic that has produced some of the Parks most enduring rides and experiences. Disney Twitter has been quick to descend upon the Chapek choice as a sign of possible rough times ahead for Parks budgets.
I wonder what caused this acceleration in his retirement plans. Considering how stingey this new Bob is I am not sure we'll see any big purchases in the future and many, many more H1-Bs taking American Jerbs.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 06:59 PM   #2
Metal Jesus
Evil Dead

Something tells me the extremely poor performance of all those Fox movies they bought for $71 Billion are part of the reason...

Old 02-25-2020, 07:11 PM   #3
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Jesus View Post
Something tells me the extremely poor performance of all those Fox movies they bought for $71 Billion are part of the reason...
I think they want most of those movies to fail. What they wanted was the properties. X-Men, Fantastic Four, Aliens, Predator, X-Files, etc. etc. etc.

They were stuck with movies that were just starting production (Mouse Guard) or finishing production (X-Men Phoenix).

I know they have skimped on advertising for a lot of them and just released them because there were contracts saying it had to show on XX number of screens.

But, I'm sure there is going to be some buyer's remorse. They spent a lot of money and it will be a decade before they can churn out anything good. Though some things are already paying off. I saw Fantastic Four POP's at Hot Topic and there is a new FF comic starting soon (or just started). So, they are starting to bring some things back online that Marvel had put on hold.
Old 02-25-2020, 07:11 PM   #4
Terran
Evil Dead

CEOs don't leave like this absent some very major instigating event(s). This is not business as usual, so I sure wonder what happened to precipitate his being pushed out with such immediacy.

Disney has some terrific products, but they're a terrible company in many ways, including in their treatment of American workers. Nasty. Greedy. Ugly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 08:27 PM   #5
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

Was this unexpected to people? Didn't he say he was leaving years ago but acquiesced to requests that he stay on until the Fox merger was finalized and settled?

Big ol' nothing burger as far as I can tell.
Mozain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 08:59 PM   #6
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozain View Post
Was this unexpected to people? Didn't he say he was leaving years ago but acquiesced to requests that he stay on until the Fox merger was finalized and settled?

Big ol' nothing burger as far as I can tell.
Yes, the plan has been for him to leave for a while but the plan of record was for him to stay on through 2021. CEOs of companies, especially companies like Disney, don't just wake up one day and quit.

They have contracts which have penalties for shit like that and shareholders they are accountable to who are likely to be spooked by this move. Iger has taken Disney to the highest stock price it's seen in a long time and this new Bob seems to be, frankly, a dick.

Shareholders are quick to bring lawsuits when value is lost due to things like this if they believe something untoward was done and lost them money or may cause damage to the brand, and let's face it, Iger is part of the Disney brand right now. If anything happens within the next few years that sullies Iger's name there could be some ugly blowback on the Disney brand.

Of course maybe he got his shit in with gay kisses and lesbian cyclops in movies and feels his work is now done. Since not even Rise of Skywalker is arresting the slow stock price decline starting in November he may as well cash in now.
Old 02-25-2020, 09:27 PM   #7
Terran
Evil Dead

"Leaving in 2021" becomes an unplanned "Gone immediately" a year ahead of schedule.

CEOs do not leave their position like that without some major precipitating event(s). I for one am curious what caused his 2021 timeframe to become NOWNOWNOWBYE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 09:44 PM   #8
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Only to be replaced by you guessed it another Jew. So when Disney continues to push Get woke go broke politics in everything don't be surprised. Amazing that 2% of the population are in so many positions of power eh?
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 10:08 PM   #9
AlfredT
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Only to be replaced by you guessed it another Jew. So when Disney continues to push Get woke go broke politics in everything don't be surprised. Amazing that 2% of the population are in so many positions of power eh?
Jesus Fucking Buddha, how do you type with Hitler's cock in your mouth?
Old 02-25-2020, 10:09 PM   #10
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredT View Post
6 gorllion! 35 gorlillion are in peril!
Old 02-25-2020, 10:15 PM   #11
Clancy
Soul Reaper

Could be many reasons, health, family, and so on. I don't see them making any more big changes, except maybe buying a ISP, that is the only thing missing. Kinda like Comcast & NBC.
Clancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 03:41 AM   #12
brandonjclark
Evil Dead

He's not the only CEO of one of the world's largest companies to step down unannounced yesterday, teehee.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Tiff_Fitz...19836296785920

Weinstein gonna spill the dirt?

Someone else?
brandonjclark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 03:45 AM   #13
brandonjclark
Evil Dead

Quote:
You don't have to be Hitler to notice these things.
brandonjclark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 03:45 AM   #14
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjclark View Post
He's not the only CEO of one of the world's largest companies to step down unannounced yesterday, teehee.

Weinstein gonna spill the dirt?

Someone else?
Perhaps the swamp's about to get drained and they all know it.
Old 02-26-2020, 05:04 AM   #15
NACIONAL
Evil Dead

Quote:

the responses to that twit are gold... what a buch of conspiracy theorists... bunch of crazy people .
NACIONAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 06:53 AM   #16
Chief Smash
Subscriber

Maybe they're going to go with him in a brokered convention for the Democrat presidential nomination? He's expressed interest in the past.
Chief Smash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 07:14 AM   #17
Booda
Beam another Blast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
Maybe they're going to go with him in a brokered convention for the Democrat presidential nomination? He's expressed interest in the past.
I can only hope so. It's already "like watching a bunch of retards trying to fuck a doorknob out there!"

This could be the cherry on top of this nightmare for the DNC.
Booda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 10:50 AM   #18
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

As it turns out he's still in an "advisor" role or something so not gone entirely.

It does seem like Disney is in a bit of a lull and this might just be the best time to swap out a CEO rather than wait till their next line-up of movies and attractions ramps up.
Old 02-26-2020, 10:45 PM   #19
AlfredT
Evil Dead

Quote:
You don't have to be Hitler to notice these things.
No but you do have to be a pretty big jew hater to blame everything for "da jooz" and shit on every person who is jewish ala spectral.

I am not a fan of Israel nor the jewish religion, but I think that type of scapegoating has led to a lotta bullshit being perpetrated to innocent people.
Old 02-27-2020, 01:55 AM   #20
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
No but you do have to be a pretty big jew hater to blame everything for "da jooz" and shit on every person who is jewish ala spectral.

I am not a fan of Israel nor the jewish religion, but I think that type of scapegoating has led to a lotta bullshit being perpetrated to innocent people.
If the shoe fits. 95% of the issues going on right now can directly be attributed to Soros, the UN, and Zionism (which again isn't ALL Jews), I can't be the only one who finds it odd that 2% of the US population has vast control over the MSM, Hollywood, and the entire fucking banking system. It's also interesting that every country except for Israel is pushing this "We must replace our population with 3rd worlders or else"