Evil Avatar  



Go Back   Evil Avatar > Daily Gaming News > News Items

» Sponsored Links


» Recent Threads
Half-Life: Alyx...
Last post by Syloney
Today 12:39 AM
5 Replies, 251 Views
Pure Evil - Microsoft...
Last post by Evil Avatar
Yesterday 08:04 PM
17 Replies, 979 Views
Valve announces...
Last post by brandonjclark
Yesterday 06:58 PM
18 Replies, 802 Views
Borderlands 3 Campaign...
Last post by PatrickRes9
Yesterday 04:30 PM
9 Replies, 535 Views
Brad McQuaid has passed...
Last post by Meeks
11-20-2019 09:57 PM
20 Replies, 1,059 Views
Age of Empires IV Reveal...
Last post by brandonjclark
11-20-2019 09:50 PM
8 Replies, 776 Views
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen...
Last post by vallor
11-20-2019 08:15 PM
39 Replies, 1,766 Views
Blair Witch Coming to...
Last post by Evil Avatar
11-20-2019 07:52 PM
2 Replies, 300 Views
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2019, 10:26 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game
 
Evil Avatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 35,535
Blog Entries: 20
Death Stranding Launching November 8th - New Trailer


PlayStation Blog.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 10:27 AM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game
 
Evil Avatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 35,535
Blog Entries: 20
I’ll probably bing for that collector’s edition. First time on one of those pricy editions since Grand Theft Auto 5.
__________________
I'm bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be than me.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 11:19 AM   #3
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist
 
Chimpbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Third Planet of the Black Hole
Posts: 8,914
...Well, then. I wasn't expecting it to be out this year. I'm pleasantly surprised.

I still don't have a clue as to what is really going on, but I'm intrigued as fuck. Part of me enjoys the fact that I simultaneously know both more and less about this game after an 8-minute trailer.
__________________
EvAv's Senior Godzillaologist
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front

Last edited by Chimpbot; 05-29-2019 at 12:03 PM..
Chimpbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 01:50 PM   #4
Booda
Beam another Blast
 
Booda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Streets of Dis
Posts: 1,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
I’ll probably bing for that collector’s edition. First time on one of those pricy editions since Grand Theft Auto 5.
If you're a member of Best Buy's Gamer's Club (before they cancelled it) you can pick up the collector's edition for 20% off.

Death Stranding Collector's Edition

Booda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 02:55 PM   #5
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Boston/Ontario
Posts: 8,949
Interesting, I'm sure it'll be out by about 2030 or so going by Kojima time.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 03:01 PM   #6
Booda
Beam another Blast
 
Booda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Streets of Dis
Posts: 1,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Interesting, I'm sure it'll be out by about 2030 or so going by Kojima time.
Or November 8th, 2019.
Booda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 03:17 PM   #7
MADxMrMike
Evil Dead
 
MADxMrMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Arlington, Texas
Posts: 1,009
Lost as ever! Can’t wait to play it!!
__________________
I'm one with the Force, and the Force is with me.

Xbox - reload in 3
PSN - MADxMrMike
MADxMrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 06:28 PM   #8
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: I-90 Homeless Camp, Seattle, WA
Posts: 8,556
Great trailer to show so much good stuff but give away so little. Excellent!
vallor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 06:39 PM   #9
MavenACTG
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 359
This will be a Must Play, if only to honor Kojima and his legacy. I know there are many great people working under him to make this happen, but still.

Did you know Norman Reedus guest starred in an episode of Charmed? I haven't dug into his pre-Walking Dead years, but now I'm curious.

Edit: Shit, is there an online component to this? I use my mobile data connection rather than broadband, which works great for "always on" Singleplayer. I don't want to have to deal with AT&T just to get the most out of this game.
MavenACTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 12:22 AM   #10
karaliusbronius
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 600
I'm stoked, day 1 for me! Looks like the story is gonna be amazing!
karaliusbronius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 12:34 AM   #11
ministryofwrath
Evil Dead
 
ministryofwrath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 444
I hear this multiplayer is darksouls esc?

I'm so curious about that.

But for sure, day one.


God knows silent hill would have been amazing.... I wish he'd buy the Ip and make it happen anyway.


can't wait to carry a pickled baby across the haunted grasslands.
ministryofwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 11:18 AM   #12
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead
 
ElektroDragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Seattle area
Posts: 10,958
Great, another idiotic militaristic Japanese game with gory toenail ripping cutscenes and non-sensical plot (just like MGSV what a surprise!) Just what I needed. NOT!

I don't know what I despised more last E3, this game, or Last of Us II.
__________________
Proud to be perma-banned 5 times on NeoGAF.
ElektroDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 12:58 PM   #13
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist
 
Chimpbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Third Planet of the Black Hole
Posts: 8,914
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
Great, another idiotic militaristic Japanese game with gory toenail ripping cutscenes and non-sensical plot (just like MGSV what a surprise!) Just what I needed. NOT!

I don't know what I despised more last E3, this game, or Last of Us II.
I can definitely see why it wouldn't appeal to everyone; it's Kojima's special brand of weird cranked even higher than what we saw with the Metal Gear series. It's one of those games that simply won't be for everyone, and that's okay.

I've been excited for this game to varying degrees since it was first announced and with what we've seen so far, it'll be one of the few day one purchases I make this year.
__________________
EvAv's Senior Godzillaologist
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front
Chimpbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 01:10 PM   #14
Hellstorm
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,032
So... it's just his take on Metal Gear Survive combined with his insufferable writing....
__________________
"Downward F#%king Dog!!!"
"Some people F%#k at funerals. I cut off heads."
--The Wisdom of Travis Touchdown
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front
Hellstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 01:14 PM   #15
MADxMrMike
Evil Dead
 
MADxMrMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Arlington, Texas
Posts: 1,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
I can definitely see why it wouldn't appeal to everyone; it's Kojima's special brand of weird cranked even higher than what we saw with the Metal Gear series. It's one of those games that simply won't be for everyone, and that's okay.

I've been excited for this game to varying degrees since it was first announced and with what we've seen so far, it'll be one of the few day one purchases I make this year.
I can see why some are turned off. But it's just so damn intriguing. I can't...stop...looking at it. I must know what is the hell is happening!!

Between this and CyberPunk my end of year is done. If I didn't have kids and a job(that I like) I would literally lock myself in and play nonstop.
__________________
I'm one with the Force, and the Force is with me.

Xbox - reload in 3
PSN - MADxMrMike
MADxMrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 01:22 PM   #16
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Terran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 14,236
2:58 to 3:20 looked so bad, I lost any interest in a purchase. Wow, that is some seriously shitty gameplay there. The dialogue at 6:20+ is terrible, too. Just. So. BAD.

This game looks like a complete trainwreck with the facades of the famous to hide it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
"...boys lining up outside a room to take a turn gang raping a woman?...I went to frat parties where shit like this was going down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 01:47 PM   #17
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Boston/Ontario
Posts: 8,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
2:58 to 3:20 looked so bad, I lost any interest in a purchase. Wow, that is some seriously shitty gameplay there. The dialogue at 6:20+ is terrible, too. Just. So. BAD.

This game looks like a complete trainwreck with the facades of the famous to hide it.
Which sounds like the typical Kojima title. At least he's consistent.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 03:36 PM   #18
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Terran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 14,236
I find this game as intriguing as a book created from vomited alphabet soup. I don't have any interest in combing through the mass of letters to see if there are any words or thoughts that make sense, lol.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
"...boys lining up outside a room to take a turn gang raping a woman?...I went to frat parties where shit like this was going down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 04:34 PM   #19
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral
 
BeardedSonOfNel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: MN/WI
Posts: 5,960
Blog Entries: 8
Hard pass for me.
__________________
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. – Goethe
BeardedSonOfNel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 04:35 PM   #20
MADxMrMike
Evil Dead
 
MADxMrMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Arlington, Texas
Posts: 1,009
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
I find this game as intriguing as a book created from vomited alphabet soup. I don't have any interest in combing through the mass of letters to see if there are any words or thoughts that make sense, lol.
I love Evil Avatar... When I feel the need to have my hopes and dreams completely dash to pieces and utterly destroyed I come here, post a reply, and wait for shit to happen.

Ahhh man... good times...good times indeed.
__________________
I'm one with the Force, and the Force is with me.

Xbox - reload in 3
PSN - MADxMrMike
MADxMrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
death stranding

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:17 AM.