Yesterday 07:17 PM
1 Replies, 294 Views

Old 06-19-2019, 05:17 AM   #1
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

New Nintendo Switch In Production?

Via Gamespot
Quote:
According to WSJ's report, Nintendo has already moved production of the existing Switch model, as well as the two new rumored ones, to Southeast Asia. Regarding the new systems, one is said to have a similar form factor to the existing model but feature better components, with the other expected to have a different look and lower specs that make it less expensive. Given the systems are now reportedly in production, they could release soon, WSJ said. A WSJ report earlier this year said a new Switch could release by the end of June, but there's been no indication of that happening. With the end of the month in sight, that possibility seems exceedingly unlikely.

Nintendo declined to comment on the report when approached by WSJ.

It's unclear when Nintendo may announce the new Switch models, if they are indeed real. With no new hardware to discuss during its Direct conference this week, Nintendo made a series of software announcements, including The Witcher 3 for Nintendo Switch and a sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.
BeardedSonOfNel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 05:30 AM   #2
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

lol lower specs, Nintendo please don't ever change being cheap and greedy for profit.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 06:00 AM   #3
PacerDawn
Choadwanger

Going to a new model? I guess you could say they are "Making the Switch".

Get it? Making the Switch? It's the name of the console but also means...

aw, forget it...
Old 06-19-2019, 06:09 AM   #4
brandonjclark
Evil Dead

Actually, I think a switch that doesn't SWITCH would be great. Save on those controller costs. Ours is almost never used on the TV.
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 06:40 AM   #5
Chief Smash
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
lol lower specs, Nintendo please don't ever change being cheap and greedy for profit.
Hey wait a minute, that sounds like something a dirty stinkin lib would say!
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 07:08 AM   #6
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

Well the rumors have been swirling for... What is it now a year? That they'll have two. One cheaper, one more expensive.

I just want them to announce something already so I know If my waiting has been for nothing!
Mozain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 12:36 PM   #7
EL CABONG
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozain View Post
Well the rumors have been swirling for... What is it now a year? That they'll have two. One cheaper, one more expensive.

I just want them to announce something already so I know If my waiting has been for nothing!
Exactly. I was gonna get a switch about a year ago but these new hardware rumors have kept me away.

I hope the leaks about more Ram are true.
EL CABONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 07:10 PM   #8
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjclark View Post
Actually, I think a switch that doesn't SWITCH would be great. Save on those controller costs. Ours is almost never used on the TV.
Mine is on the TV about 90% of the time.
Old 06-19-2019, 07:56 PM   #9
Grumsh
Evil Dead

We had to buy 2 of the damn things so my wife and youngest wouldn't have to share consoles anymore......

1:When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is probably wrong.
Grumsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 03:10 AM   #10
Juan
Evil Dead

it's a fantastic concept and a fantastic console. I'd buy a 'pro' model in heartbeat.

I play mine probably 50/50 TV / handheld. It's such a great device for travelling with.
Juan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 03:35 AM   #11
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan View Post
it's a fantastic concept and a fantastic console. I'd buy a 'pro' model in heartbeat.

I play mine probably 50/50 TV / handheld. It's such a great device for travelling with.
It's great for when I feel like playing a game while spending time with the wife (especially if she's crafting), but I don't feel like subjecting her to the background noise of a game.

I mostly use it with a TV, but handheld is a great option.
Old 06-20-2019, 04:44 AM   #12
Juan
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
It's great for when I feel like playing a game while spending time with the wife (especially if she's crafting), but I don't feel like subjecting her to the background noise of a game.

Agree. I also use it frequently while sat with my wife and she wants to watch some crappy tv show that i have no interest in. I know it's a little sad sounding but it means you can game while still being present with those close to you. The fact that you can sleep and resume at any moment also means you can chat and frequently stop/start. The fact is (and this is what spectral purposely refuses to understand) it's a way of playing games that works incredibly well for a lot of people.
Old 06-20-2019, 05:14 AM   #13
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:

How cucked of you.

Quote:
Agree. I also use it frequently while sat with my wife and she wants to watch some crappy tv show that i have no interest in. I know it's a little sad sounding but it means you can game while still being present with those close to you. The fact that you can sleep and resume at any moment also means you can chat and frequently stop/start. The fact is (and this is what spectral purposely refuses to understand) it's a way of playing games that works incredibly well for a lot of people.
You don't understand my hate for mobile gaming seriously it's that vast.
Old 06-20-2019, 06:00 AM   #14
Juan
Evil Dead

Quote:
You don't understand my hate for mobile gaming seriously it's that vast.
I HATE mobile (phone) gaming but Switch isn't that. There are genuine AAA titles and many of them benefit enormously from being able to be played in handheld. I honestly think you'd enjoy it if you just tried it with an open mind.
Old 06-20-2019, 06:49 AM   #15
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
I HATE mobile (phone) gaming but Switch isn't that. There are genuine AAA titles and many of them benefit enormously from being able to be played in handheld. I honestly think you'd enjoy it if you just tried it with an open mind.
Like I've said to Pat, most stuff I'd rather play on PC to begin with, no desire for Nintendo IP, and the few things I would play on a console, I certainly wouldn't want inferior looking versions with inferior controls to boot. I am not Nintendo's target audience, I haven't been for a very long time now.
Old 06-20-2019, 02:48 PM   #16
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
How cucked of you.
Yes, because being considerate toward the person I've opted to spend my life with makes me a cuck.

Turns out, there are times she doesn't want to hear explosions and other random video game noises in the background. Other times, I'd like to play a game and have a TV show on in the background.

Guess this makes me a cuck. Who knew?

Quote:
Like I've said to Pat, most stuff I'd rather play on PC to begin with, no desire for Nintendo IP, and the few things I would play on a console, I certainly wouldn't want inferior looking versions with inferior controls to boot. I am not Nintendo's target audience, I haven't been for a very long time now.
We know. We've known for a very long time now.
Old 06-20-2019, 03:35 PM   #17
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Yes, because being considerate toward the person I've opted to spend my life with makes me a cuck.

Turns out, there are times she doesn't want to hear explosions and other random video game noises in the background. Other times, I'd like to play a game and have a TV show on in the background.

Guess this makes me a cuck. Who knew?

We know. We've known for a very long time now.
For fucks sake Chimpout, so god damn defensive, take a joke, unless I hit too close to home there, either way wouldn't really shock me.

Yep you have, yet as I've said to you before, no one forces you to read or reply yet you still have your panties in a bunch each and every time you do.
Old 06-20-2019, 04:05 PM   #18
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

Good news! It will only be TEN TIMES less powerful than the next Xbox, instead of the previous estimate of TWENTY.
Old 06-20-2019, 04:08 PM   #19
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

I don't turn down the volume or put on headphones to please my partner, I do that so I don't hear her bitching and screaming at me about it. Which I guess is the non-cuck response. LOL
Old 06-20-2019, 05:52 PM   #20
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
For fucks sake Chimpout, so god damn defensive, take a joke, unless I hit too close to home there, either way wouldn't really shock me.
Oh, please. You're too big of a dickhead to be playfully joking.

Quote:
Yep you have, yet as I've said to you before, no one forces you to read or reply yet you still have your panties in a bunch each and every time you do.
Bruh.

You're the moron who hates Nintendo, yet insists on involving himself in most Nintendo-related threads. You're the sad, pathetic man-child who has an undying need to remind us of how much he hates Nintendo.

We all know you hate Nintendo...so, why bother at this point? It's just the sad, angry rantings of a pathetic man who can't let go of a hate for a company that doesn't affect them in any way whatsoever

Tags
nintendo