Last post by LostToys
07-14-2019 11:08 PM
13 Replies, 546 Views

Old 06-20-2019, 06:33 PM   #21
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
Oh, please. You're too big of a dickhead to be playfully joking.

Bruh.

You're the moron who hates Nintendo, yet insists on involving himself in most Nintendo-related threads. You're the sad, pathetic man-child who has an undying need to remind us of how much he hates Nintendo.

We all know you hate Nintendo...so, why bother at this point? It's just the sad, angry rantings of a pathetic man who can't let go of a hate for a company that doesn't affect them in any way whatsoever
I don't hate Nintendo, I just have zero respect for them as a company, their chance to keep me as customer died a hell of a long time ago. If a publisher puts out zero titles that you're interested in, do you sit there and praise them like they're the greatest thing to the industry? No you don't. I get it, Nintendo zealots like yourself, simply can't stand when someone doesn't suck Nintendo's dick.

Why bother? Because it entertaining to watch you cry like a bitch every time.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 06:46 PM   #22
PacerDawn
Choadwanger

Quote:
You're the moron who hates Nintendo, yet insists on involving himself in most Nintendo-related threads.
Precisely! If you don't like something, don't post!

Exactly what you just... did...

Ok, wait a minute...
Old 06-20-2019, 09:09 PM   #23
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerDawn View Post
Precisely! If you don't like something, don't post!

Exactly what you just... did...

Ok, wait a minute...
Rules for thee and not for me, Chimp is your typical soyboy.
Old 06-21-2019, 01:14 PM   #24
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
I don't hate Nintendo, I just have zero respect for them as a company, their chance to keep me as customer died a hell of a long time ago. If a publisher puts out zero titles that you're interested in, do you sit there and praise them like they're the greatest thing to the industry? No you don't. I get it, Nintendo zealots like yourself, simply can't stand when someone doesn't suck Nintendo's dick.
I've said it countless times, but here we go once again for good measure: I don't care if you don't like Nintendo. It doesn't bother me. The part that gets annoying is how you feel the need to leap into most Nintendo-related threads simply to remind us all (yet again) that you're not at all interested in whatever it is Nintendo is offering.

I'll spell it out for you one more time: It doesn't bother me that you don't like Nintendo, their games, or their products. It never has, and it never will. The fact that you feel the need to inject yourself into conversations related to the company almost every time it comes up is just...well, sad.

You're absolutely free to talk about things you don't like...but at this point, there really isn't anything left for you to say about it. So, why bother?
Old 06-21-2019, 01:26 PM   #25
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
I've said it countless times, but here we go once again for good measure: I don't care if you don't like Nintendo. It doesn't bother me. The part that gets annoying is how you feel the need to leap into most Nintendo-related threads simply to remind us all (yet again) that you're not at all interested in whatever it is Nintendo is offering.

I'll spell it out for you one more time: It doesn't bother me that you don't like Nintendo, their games, or their products. It never has, and it never will. The fact that you feel the need to inject yourself into conversations related to the company almost every time it comes up is just...well, sad.

You're absolutely free to talk about things you don't like...but at this point, there really isn't anything left for you to say about it. So, why bother?
And you're free to get bent about it everytime, you could ya know just ignore the post and not bother. Naw too tough a concept for you. Better to whine about it then claim it's old. EVERY FUCKING TIME.
Old 06-22-2019, 01:53 AM   #26
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
And you're free to get bent about it everytime, you could ya know just ignore the post and not bother. Naw too tough a concept for you. Better to whine about it then claim it's old. EVERY FUCKING TIME.
want to know why Nintendo has "fanboys"? Let me post a previous thought i posted on another thread, Spec.

Quote:
great point. They've got to fix the durability issue on their items, and give us a compelling story. If they do that, it'll be worth the price of admission. I hope they go the extra mile again. But we hold Nintendo to such high standards. It's masterpiece or bust. I think they'll pull through. Those guys know how to build a game. Crazy how long they've been around and what they can still accomplish when they put a good effort up. They're a weird wildcard. They;re capable of a grand slam or a disappointment. We expect a lot from them. Fuck Mario Tennis Aces. Put your shit to good use, Nintendo. When they're on, there's no comparison. When they're off, your're wondering why you invested in their hardware. They're so hot and cold. but they're capable of the pinnacle of the industry. It's Metroid Prime and Zelda Botw vs Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival and Mario Tennis Aces. They'er at war with themselves. They're a strange company. I respect their heritage and where they're going, but they need to do more. What's Nintendo's take on an open world racer or a survival horror? I'd like to find out.

Long live Reggie. His personality alone was gamer's treat. They need some consistency. But at the end of the day, I dont know how a true gamer doesn't respect the gameplay offerings they've tried to provide. It's been fun. It's just not good enough to sandbag on their IP anymore. They need to keep the momentum going. Let's see how that mainline pokemon turns out at the end of the year, and that fire emblem. What about a totally new Earthbound? Give it all to the fans or lose. They're a fun company to watch. It's 1 or 10 with those guys.

But I'll tell ya this. Nin...ten...do......

i want them to succeed. Because when they're on- they're on. They can crank it out of the park any moment with their games. I dare some jackass to tell me Metroid Prime wasn't a fucking masterpiece. Sure it wasn't perfect. But damn it captured that isolation so perfectly. That's a haunting and perfectly stellar game. We forget what we ask of Nintendo. We ask for perfection. But they deliver from time to time.

Ever watch some of the video of the the thought they put in to their games. It's insane. Every detail. Every ledge. Every mechanic. Everything is carefully considered. It's almost manic. It's an obsession for them. And that's why the fanboys obsess. You can't hide the quality behind special effects. It's a pure game. I respect their offerings a lot. Gameplay baby. They're still the masters. They've been for a long time.

Say it out loud. It almost sounds perfect. Nin-ten-do. It's still about gameplay. Gameplay? Yes.
I get that NIntendo isn't your flavor, man. But listen. People are going to disagree with you. So expect it. Give your opinion if you want, of course. Like anyone else here. We know your stance, man. You hate their offerings. But just stop acting stunned by some of us liking their offerings. You shouldn't be anymore. And hey bud. You're a thoughtful guy. Just understand we have a different perspective than yours. We try to respect your perspective. And i mean that. I think Chimp is just saying we're tired of listing to you poo-hooing on shit we like. It's in your boundaries to do so - of course man. that's your right, it's just annoying because we've heard it ten ways to sunday. And we like the shit they're doing. So to have someone just intentionally coming in and shitting on it feels like taking the wind out of our sails for nothing. Imagine us following you on every thread you cared about and constantly shitting on your favorite things? It's in our bounds, but we don't bother because there's just not justifiable point. Cmon man. There's a difference between having an opinion and trying to shit on peoples fun over and over. But that said - I get your pessimism. I do. Let's call it a difference of opinion. Solidarity man. We've all been here a long time. IT's dumbfounding that we're not all friends at this point. It's been a decade plus.

How long have you seen our names pop up? Think we're that dissimilar? you're crazy if you do....
We've got this thing in common. For a decade. or more. It's summer. Grill a steak. Find some zen, bud. Find commonality among people who have talked with you for a decade or more.

You might label chimp a "progressive" but he's actually not, and he's good person. I've known him a long time. Break bread with people you disagree with. It's the best shit you could do. I was at odds with Terran for a long time. "Hated" the guy. But found out he was an okay person at heart. Even if we disagreed on a lot. He's a human that wanted the best for his family and had differing opinions than me on how to get there. So what. The main thing was HE WANTED THE BEST FOR HIS FAMILY! Same with USMC. Good guy. Great guy. It's not worth the hostility man. Let's join forces and punch the status quote in the mouth. Don't let red vs blue separate you from good, thoughtful people.

Have a good weekend man! Keep grinding!

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.

Last edited by PatrickRes9; 06-22-2019 at 02:19 AM..
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 10:12 AM   #27
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Thats fine Pat, it's Chimp's insistence that if you don't have something nice to say about Nintendo, to essentially shut up. And sorry not going to happen. As for his political leanings? Who cares? He's more left than right, he's made that pretty obvious not that it matters much at all.

I also somewhat on topic found it a little funny that you were talking about standards and holding Nintendo to higher standards in the ZBOTW DLC thread, you then go on to excuse all the game's shortcomings and still call it a masterpiece essentially. To me that isn't holding a developer to higher standards, it's more akin to giving it a pass for all their short comings because you like their IP. Quite the opposite really.
Old 06-22-2019, 10:23 AM   #28
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Thats fine Pat, it's Chimp's insistence that if you don't have something nice to say about Nintendo, to essentially shut up. And sorry not going to happen. As for his political leanings? Who cares? He's more left than right, he's made that pretty obvious not that it matters much at all.

I also somewhat on topic found it a little funny that you were talking about standards and holding Nintendo to higher standards in the ZBOTW DLC thread, you then go on to excuse all the game's shortcomings and still call it a masterpiece essentially. To me that isn't holding a developer to higher standards, it's more akin to giving it a pass for all their short comings because you like their IP. Quite the opposite really.
Every "masterpiece" ever made (every top level game) has flaws. Of course it has flaws. Most gamers dislike how brittle the weapons are. That's a flaw then, being the game was made for gamers. Doesn't mean it isn't a stellar game. It can be flawed, and still be on many many people's short lists of best games ever.

Witcher 3. Amazing game. Has plenty of flaws.

Since every "masterpiece" ever, no matter the medium, is subjective, there will always be flaws to some people.

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Old 06-22-2019, 12:03 PM   #29
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
Every "masterpiece" ever made (every top level game) has flaws. Of course it has flaws. Most gamers dislike how brittle the weapons are. That's a flaw then, being the game was made for gamers. Doesn't mean it isn't a stellar game. It can be flawed, and still be on many many people's short lists of best games ever.

Witcher 3. Amazing game. Has plenty of flaws.

Since every "masterpiece" ever, no matter the medium, is subjective, there will always be flaws to some people.
The Witcher 3 is a good game, sure, it's also hardly a masterpeace. BOTW from your own words doesn't have a decent plot, yet you still label it the greatest thing since sliced bread, simply because Nintendo's name is on the box.

Off topic that's kinda my fear with Cyberpunk, combat in CDProject's titles is generally questionable at best.
Old 06-22-2019, 02:07 PM   #30
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

What is a masterpiece game for you Spectral? I'm not joining the argument here, I'm just curious.
Old 06-22-2019, 02:19 PM   #31
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardedSonOfNel View Post
What is a masterpiece game for you Spectral? I'm not joining the argument here, I'm just curious.
Don't think I've come across one yet in near 40 years of enjoying gaming to be honest. Do people end up with favorites? Sure, to this day Mechwarrior 2:Mercenaries is still way high on my list of all time favorite games, but even that I wouldn't call a masterpeace though it comes close if you like that genre of niche title, which Battletech/Mechwarrior is, extremely niche. Titles like Fallout 2 and Baldur's Gate 2 are also high up there but again there is really no such thing as the perfect game.

Nintendo does Nintendo, and I think that's why I'm so down on them really, they don't try and push the envelope and instead play things very very safe. Relying on things like platforming as a key point in games in 2019 just doesn't do a thing for me. Granted I was tired of platforming back in the 80's to begin with since tech was fairly limited.
Old 06-22-2019, 03:44 PM   #32
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Don't think I've come across one yet in near 40 years of enjoying gaming to be honest. Do people end up with favorites? Sure, to this day Mechwarrior 2:Mercenaries is still way high on my list of all time favorite games, but even that I wouldn't call a masterpeace though it comes close if you like that genre of niche title, which Battletech/Mechwarrior is, extremely niche. Titles like Fallout 2 and Baldur's Gate 2 are also high up there but again there is really no such thing as the perfect game.

Nintendo does Nintendo, and I think that's why I'm so down on them really, they don't try and push the envelope and instead play things very very safe. Relying on things like platforming as a key point in games in 2019 just doesn't do a thing for me. Granted I was tired of platforming back in the 80's to begin with since tech was fairly limited.
Interesting that we're talking about BotW and you're also here talking about how Nintendo plays things safe. They took a franchise that has been beloved for 33 years and totally went in a different direction with it. Playing it safe would have certainly not been an open world Zelda game. They would have walled off the world to a much larger degree, and focused on a small handful of dungeons. The scope of the game would have been much tighter, and more more story focused. It was a risk for a franchise with such a massive following.

Splatoon and ARMs weren't conventional genres for Nintendo either.

That said, I really think it's high time they branch out more. I've said it a milion times. I want to see them do an in-house survival horror, or a sim racer, or just something totally out of their "wheelhouse" so we can see what they can do in other genres.

Old 06-22-2019, 06:20 PM   #33
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Interesting that we're talking about BotW and you're also here talking about how Nintendo plays things safe. They took a franchise that has been beloved for 33 years and totally went in a different direction with it. Playing it safe would have certainly not been an open world Zelda game. They would have walled off the world to a much larger degree, and focused on a small handful of dungeons. The scope of the game would have been much tighter, and more more story focused. It was a risk for a franchise with such a massive following.

Splatoon and ARMs weren't conventional genres for Nintendo either.

That said, I really think it's high time they branch out more. I've said it a milion times. I want to see them do an in-house survival horror, or a sim racer, or just something totally out of their "wheelhouse" so we can see what they can do in other genres.
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link says hello. Did Nintendo really go out of scope of the IP? I don't really think so. It would have been a natural progression to do so, years ago at that.
Old 06-22-2019, 11:14 PM   #34
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link says hello. Did Nintendo really go out of scope of the IP? I don't really think so. It would have been a natural progression to do so, years ago at that.
Hahaha, i wonder if that's why all the die-hard Zelda fans were complaining about BotW. Complaining it was too different and they wanted their typical dungeons. Because the game was too conservative Ohhhh silly man. Read a newspaper.

Old 06-22-2019, 11:32 PM   #35
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Hahaha, i wonder if that's why all the die-hard Zelda fans were complaining about BotW. Complaining it was too different and they wanted their typical dungeons. Because the game was too conservative Ohhhh silly man. Read a newspaper.
They were complaining about the dungeons because playing with crates and jumping puzzles was a terrible design decision. It had likely zero to do with the game being open world.
Old 06-22-2019, 11:56 PM   #36
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
They were complaining about the dungeons because playing with crates and jumping puzzles was a terrible design decision. It had likely zero to do with the game being open world.
I'll let this response stand right here.

Well, alrighty man. I get it! Hope you're enjoying what you're doing. Have a great weekend dude.

Old 06-23-2019, 04:29 AM   #37
Chief Smash
Subscriber

Quote:
Actually they were pretty clever a lot of the time and I usually enjoyed completing them. But they didn't feel like Zelda to me. BotW was not a great Zelda game in my opinion but I put upwards of 70 hours into it and I almost never play games that long anymore. So not being a great Zelda game didn't mean it wasn't a good game. I definitely had a lot of fun. I just wanted something more Zelda like. Spec, on this one, you're pretty much full of it. Maybe you're the type of guy who loved breaking up conversations between people because you don't like the topic or maybe you're just trolling. I lean towards the latter but it's still pretty juvenile.

Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 11:36 AM   #38
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
Actually they were pretty clever a lot of the time and I usually enjoyed completing them. But they didn't feel like Zelda to me. BotW was not a great Zelda game in my opinion but I put upwards of 70 hours into it and I almost never play games that long anymore. So not being a great Zelda game didn't mean it wasn't a good game. I definitely had a lot of fun. I just wanted something more Zelda like. Spec, on this one, you're pretty much full of it. Maybe you're the type of guy who loved breaking up conversations between people because you don't like the topic or maybe you're just trolling. I lean towards the latter but it's still pretty juvenile.

You just said it yourself, they didn't feel like Zelda to you. I'm not sure how pointing out a bad design decision is now "trolling" oh wait it's precious my precious Nintendo. Never mind. What's the point of even having forums Chief? No one wants to discuss anything, just have echo chambers of praise for certain publishers, while others are open game to criticism, most of it clearly deserved.
Old 06-23-2019, 12:07 PM   #39
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

I think I’ve been hearing rumors about a more powerful Switch since the Switch launched, so I’ve always had that in the back of my mind. The couple of times I saw them on sale I hesitated because I didn’t want to buy a system that had a more powerful system right around the corner.

I’m already well aware of the idea that my PS4 Pro will only be like 2 years old when the PS5 comes out and I wouldn’t say I’m disappointed because I’m played a TON of crap on it, but it is always a bit of a bummer to have to run out and buy new hardware when a more powerful version of the machine comes out.

My kids have a lot of Switch games between the two of them, so I think when the more powerful Switch drops, I’ll probably pick one up. I’ve got like an instant library of dozens of games. Ha!
Old 06-23-2019, 12:14 PM   #40
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
You just said it yourself, they didn't feel like Zelda to you. I'm not sure how pointing out a bad design decision is now "trolling" oh wait it's precious my precious Nintendo. Never mind. What's the point of even having forums Chief? No one wants to discuss anything, just have echo chambers of praise for certain publishers, while others are open game to criticism, most of it clearly deserved.
It's his point that the game is extremely well received by SOME and a Masterpiece in THEIR eyes. It got game of the year everywhere against some tough competition. A lot of gamers as well, myself included, really loved it - saw it as a masterpiece. But not all. Because Nintendo took a risk, went a different direction with a long loved franchise, and some Zelda enthusiasts, such as Chief, didnt prefer that direction. He's an example of what I was talking about with a sect of fans who didn't enjoy BotW as much.

I love it personally for all the experimentation and freedom in the game. You're SUPPOSED to title the hammer to hit this ball, to launch it forward, but instead someone tried something different - with mixed results

https://imgur.com/A6iyZzo <------

I personally haven't enjoyed a game more than BotW since playing it and see it as a masterpiece. The harshest critics on the game have actually been some long time Zelda fans - see Chief's comments.

Tags
nintendo