2 Replies, 526 Views
Z is for Zombie - Free...
Last post by blackzc
Yesterday 03:30 PM
7 Replies, 642 Views

Old 07-30-2016, 03:20 PM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

HBO Confirms That Game Of Thrones Will End After Its Eighth Season #GameOfThrones

Game Informer has the story.

Quote:
HBO’s programming president Casey Bloys confirmed at the Television Critics Association's press tour today in Beverly Hills that Game of Thrones will wrap up after its eighth season.

While many suspected this was the case, this is the first official confirmation that Game of Thrones will complete at that point in time. The two final seasons will also be shortened in comparison to prior seasons: Season 7 has a planned seven episodes, and Season 8 will have six. Bloys said that the idea of a Game of Thrones spin-off has been discussed by the team, and that he's open to it, but "there's no concrete plans."

Game of Thrones return with Season 7, which has been delayed to Summer 2017 because of weather concerns for filming.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 03:46 PM   #2
Terran
Evil Dead

Probably should have ended before eight!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 05:21 PM   #3
Sensei-X
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
Probably should have ended before eight!
They're probably trying to stretch it out so Georgie boy can try and pull some sort of ending out of his ass. But to be perfectly honest I have strong doubts that GoT will have any sort of satisfying ending. It seems pretty obvious judging from the book delays that he didn't have a fucking clue where he wanted the story to go and now is flying by the seat of his pants. Don't be surprised if we get some sort of cliche ending, like the cop-out "it's open ended, so you decide what really happened" ending or "it was all a dream" ending, or perhaps they'll go with the "Dexter's bat-shit fucking insane wtf is going on here" ending. I'm really hoping I'm wrong, but this honestly doesn't sound good.
Old 07-30-2016, 07:21 PM   #4
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

They also confirmed Westworld for a start on October 2nd.
Old 07-30-2016, 07:38 PM   #5
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
They also confirmed Westworld for a start on October 2nd.
I'm looking very forward to this one!
Old 07-30-2016, 11:03 PM   #6
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Also confirmed 99% chance GRRM will still not have finished the next book by the end of Season 8.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 11:25 PM   #7
Rommel
International Playboy

So I guess Daenerys story will never have anything to do with anything else.
drive into the daughter's womb proper, fill the uterus with the dick snot
Quote:
Originally Posted by screwyluie View Post
Rommel gave the right answer
*Not in context
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 05:47 AM   #8
Chief Smash
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
I think that, when it comes down to it, Daenerys is GRRM's Mary Sue. Even if she dies before the story concludes, her magic dragons and fireproof skin, along with her spunky "I want what's mine" attitude will play the major part in winning the day.

As for this show ending after the next two shortened seasons... good.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 09:12 AM   #9
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
I think it'll be the exact opposite; everything except for Daenerys' and John Snow's story won't have anything to do with the actual conclusion.

It was always building toward a fight against the Night's King...and Snow and Daenerys are the only two poised to face him. The rest of the story only served the purpose of weakening humanity's power to make the threat of the Others even greater.

Daenerys is one of the few characters that will actually matter. Everything else will have proven to be a waste of time, more or less.
Old 07-31-2016, 10:12 AM   #10
branrollins
Squire

I think Bran will play some role in changing one key event in the past that makes it all go away....like the creation of the dead king entirely by the little people.
branrollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 11:08 AM   #11
Rommel
International Playboy

Nah, Daenerys' story will end with her getting a happily ever after, never having interacted with the people of the houses a single time.
drive into the daughter's womb proper, fill the uterus with the dick snot
Quote:
Originally Posted by screwyluie View Post
Rommel gave the right answer
*Not in context
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 01:12 PM   #12
RevXwise
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by branrollins View Post
I think Bran will play some role in changing one key event in the past that makes it all go away....like the creation of the dead king entirely by the little people.
Oh god. That would make me pull a Mass Effect 3 and retroactively hate all of the previous content if they tried to pull some stupid shit like that. Given how subpar seasons 5 and 6 were, I wouldn't put it past them though.

My hope is the Night King does his little ground crack thing and smashes the wall, Jon and Daenerys somehow unite to fight the white walkers, and Bran's role is just to point out how Jon is the child of Rhaegar and Lyanna. I have no idea what Cersei, the Hound, Beric Dondarrion, or the grandma Tyrell are gonna end up doing, though.
RevXwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 03:45 PM   #13
Terran
Evil Dead

I thought there weren't any characters left for more seasons anyways. Just nuke them all from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 03:54 AM   #14
Juan
Evil Dead

Only on EvAv could people be so negative about something that is pretty much universally loved.

Every previous season has been fantastic, why would the finale buck the trend? The fact is you don't know what the ending will be so maybe hold off on shitting all over it until you find out?
Juan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 05:52 AM   #15
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan View Post
Only on EvAv could people be so negative about something that is pretty much universally loved.

Every previous season has been fantastic, why would the finale buck the trend? The fact is you don't know what the ending will be so maybe hold off on shitting all over it until you find out?
There's a reason why some of us say the site should be renamed to "We Hate Everything".
Old 08-01-2016, 06:09 AM   #16
Chief Smash
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
There's a reason why some of us say the site should be renamed to "We Hate Everything".
That's certainly not unique to this site. In fact, one of the things I like about the hate here is that people are willing to engage and discuss what it is that they dislike about this game or that movie instead of just saying "It sucks!."

I personally have a love hate relationship with this series (books and shows together.) It started off very strong and, even to this day, I still enjoy that the show is something my wife and I watch together. But it went from a medieval House of Cards to a soap opera over the years and it feels like many of the major players are more shallow than I would have thought or their motives seem to change without much reason. It gets said very often but it doesn't look like GRRM really knew where he was going with this story. Some writers can get away with that but I think the strong opening for this series makes his lack of planning more disappointing to me.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 08:04 AM   #17
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
That's certainly not unique to this site. In fact, one of the things I like about the hate here is that people are willing to engage and discuss what it is that they dislike about this game or that movie instead of just saying "It sucks!."

I personally have a love hate relationship with this series (books and shows together.) It started off very strong and, even to this day, I still enjoy that the show is something my wife and I watch together. But it went from a medieval House of Cards to a soap opera over the years and it feels like many of the major players are more shallow than I would have thought or their motives seem to change without much reason. It gets said very often but it doesn't look like GRRM really knew where he was going with this story. Some writers can get away with that but I think the strong opening for this series makes his lack of planning more disappointing to me.
I think part of the problem is that he never bothered to limit his scope and subsequently wrote himself into a corner. With the story progressing - more or less and in fairly broad strokes - the way I guessed it would a couple years ago, I'm quite certain he could have told this story in a trilogy. The books would have still likely been quite hefty, mind you...but, it could have been done in three books, max.

Authors like GRRM do nothing but make me appreciate authors like Brandon Sanderson more than I already do.

Tags
game of thrones, hbo