Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Terminator Dark Fate Teaser Trailer

Welcome to the day after Judgment Day.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 07:36 AM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Ugh. That looks terrible. It just looks like the same "Big CGI Battle" we have seen a thousand times before in a thousand other movies.

Did none of these directors learn anything from Mad Max?
Old 05-23-2019, 07:56 AM   #3
Scherge
Evil Dead

I kinda liked it. Sarah Connor makes for a badass granny!

I just don't understand why the machines care about camouflage at this point. It's too late to prevent Judgment Day anyway, right?
Old 05-23-2019, 08:01 AM   #4
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scherge View Post
I kinda liked it. Sarah Connor makes for a badass granny!

I just don't understand why the machines care about camouflage at this point. It's too late to prevent Judgment Day anyway, right?
The machines lost the war, which is why they sent the Terminator back in time in the first place. They were hoping that by killing Sarah Connor, they could keep from losing the war with the survivors.

Which is a great plot idea that got kinda stepped on the minute they do a sequel where they are sending ANOTHER Terminator back in time and then another and another and another.

So, what... they lined up like 40 Terminators of all different models and sent them all back in time hoping one of them would succeed? While that does sound like the kind of thinking a machine might have, it's the idea that we keep beating them that is absurd.

As for cammo... if you go strictly by the 1st movie, you can't send anything back in time that isn't encased in human skin. Another plot point that kinda got stepped all over in Terminator 2. Because the T-1000 is all metal. It's liquid metal, but it's still all metal.
Old 05-23-2019, 08:05 AM   #5
Booda
Beam another Blast

Hard for me to tell who's a man & who's a woman.
Booda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 08:06 AM   #6
AlfredT
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
The machines lost the war, which is why they sent the Terminator back in time in the first place. They were hoping that by killing Sarah Connor, they could keep from losing the war with the survivors.

Which is a great plot idea that got kinda stepped on the minute they do a sequel where they are sending ANOTHER Terminator back in time and then another and another and another.

So, what... they lined up like 40 Terminators of all different models and sent them all back in time hoping one of them would succeed? While that does sound like the kind of thinking a machine might have, it's the idea that we keep beating them that is absurd.

As for cammo... if you go strictly by the 1st movie, you can't send anything back in time that isn't encased in human skin. Another plot point that kinda got stepped all over in Terminator 2. Because the T-1000 is all metal. It's liquid metal, but it's still all metal.
Don't forget the T3 Terminator.. made with metal.. and boobs.. and magic apparently.
Old 05-23-2019, 08:55 AM   #7
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredT View Post
Don't forget the T3 Terminator.. made with metal.. and boobs.. and magic apparently.
You had me at Boobs.
Old 05-23-2019, 08:59 AM   #8
Chief Smash
Subscriber

It looked like a SyFy movie until Arnold showed up. Of course he was only in the trailer for a split second so I wonder if it's just a cameo. Overall, though, it just looks terrible.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 09:01 AM   #9
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
It looked like a SyFy movie until Arnold showed up. Of course he was only in the trailer for a split second so I wonder if it's just a cameo. Overall, though, it just looks terrible.
It still looks like a SyFy movie. Just a SyFy movie with an Arnold cameo.
Old 05-23-2019, 09:08 AM   #10
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

Linda Hamilton looks great. The rest is shit. And they didn’t even play the right song.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 10:41 AM   #11
GunFister
Peon

Crap..

This looks like crap.

I grew up on this series and I loved the hell out of it, but I can't help but wonder what kids / teens / young adults must think when movies like this are rolled out. Think about it - you have a bunch of OLD-ass has-beens, way past their prime, constantly being touted as the next big blockbuster that's more epic than ever before..

To put it a different way, somebody take a stab at just how many kids / teens, etc. are lining up for months to see KISS (or other band from the 70s-80s) that arn't with their parents / elders. How fast would music sales tank if Sting or Phil Collins were promoted as the next big thing and targeted towards youth?

As a counter-point, I can see why film execs are banking on the grampy-heroes of yore.. All the new stuff that's released is shallow Emo-CG ass in a can.. Can you say Kylo Ren or Mary Poppins Leia?

Ugh..

GUNFISTER

< In Case Of Emergency: Kick-Ass >
Old 05-23-2019, 11:28 AM   #12
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Looks OK...

Actually, of the Terminator properties I might actually change the channel to watch this one instead of completely ignore it like I have with all the others since 2. Not in the theater though. And not even Redbox.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 01:07 PM   #13
Sensei-X
Evil Dead

Meh, could still could go either way. I'll wait and see, as long as they didn't blow it like in Terminator Genisys where the big secret where they reveal that John Connor is a machine was spoiled by the fucking trailer.
Old 05-23-2019, 01:08 PM   #14
Oddmaker
Developer

Really disappointing.. Some PS2 Trailers looked better regards to CGI
Old 05-23-2019, 01:53 PM   #15
Robberbaron
Death Knight

Girl Power !
Robberbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 02:20 PM   #16
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booda View Post
Hard for me to tell who's a man & who's a woman.
Exactly, you should see my point I made in the last thread just now.
Old 05-23-2019, 02:30 PM   #17
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddmaker View Post
Really disappointing.. Some PS2 Trailers looked better regards to CGI
Same. I watched the trailer and said to myself "What is this? A gamecube game? A ps2 game?!"
Old 05-23-2019, 03:19 PM   #18
vivafletcher
Evil Dead

It looks okay. Would I pay $15 or whatever to see it? I don't know. Nostalgia could be worth $15. Some folks will see it. Maybe enough to make money.

I don't think the studio is thinking about it much more than that.
vivafletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 04:58 PM   #19
Inkabodcrane
Evil Dead

After Genisys I am pretty much over this series. There was a time when it was one of my favorite franchises. Remember that T2 arcade game? Loved that. I even found ways to like things about T3 and Salvation isn't bad. But Genisys was such garbage that it's hard to get excited anymore.

Also Sarah Connor is iconic, but she doesn't make me want to see the movie. I'd prefer that Cersei actress who played her on the TV show. I expect Arnold to not be a major role, and probably to get killed and finally retire from the role.

I don't know, I guess I'm not that interested in it. Will I see it? Well I have AMC moviepass and my wife and I love going to the theater, so maybe, depends if anything else is out then. Won't be something I plan ahead to see.

Go Against the Flow.
Inkabodcrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 06:23 PM   #20
walstib
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkabodcrane View Post
After Genisys I am pretty much over this series. There was a time when it was one of my favorite franchises. Remember that T2 arcade game? Loved that. I even found ways to like things about T3 and Salvation isn't bad. But Genisys was such garbage that it's hard to get excited anymore.

Also Sarah Connor is iconic, but she doesn't make me want to see the movie. I'd prefer that Cersei actress who played her on the TV show. I expect Arnold to not be a major role, and probably to get killed and finally retire from the role.

I don't know, I guess I'm not that interested in it. Will I see it? Well I have AMC moviepass and my wife and I love going to the theater, so maybe, depends if anything else is out then. Won't be something I plan ahead to see.
Genisys was awful. literally unwatchable

in fact star wars episode 8. wait, no no no. 8 was worse. whew! thought i lost it for a second there.

they need to stop making these movies
walstib is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
terminator dark fate