Today 12:42 AM
20 Replies, 1,087 Views

Old 06-09-2019, 02:45 PM   #1
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

Project Scarlett

Via IGN
Quote:
It's official: Microsoft's next-generation console is code-named Project Scarlett, and it is coming holiday 2020. The news came during its E3 presentation, when Microsoft's head of Xbox Phil Spencer admitted that the company learned that its audience wants a game-focused console (rather than the all-in-one approach of the Xbox One), and then ran a video with people talking about the various goals and capabilities of the upcoming system.

According to the footage, Project Scarlett is four times more powerful than the Xbox One X. The next-gen console has an array of technical leaps forward, like 8K capability and the ability to run at 120 frames per second. It has a solid-state hard drive, which drives at the company's goal of reducing load times and making it easier for players to get into the action and stay there. Project Scarlett will also leverage Microsoft's cloud capabilities, allowing players to play across different devices and platforms.
BeardedSonOfNel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 02:56 PM   #2
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

BeardedSonOfNel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 03:05 PM   #3
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

The pres conf and Scarlett unveil were phenomenal while Sony is asleep at the wheel with their hair dryer loud PS4 Pro.
Old 06-09-2019, 03:05 PM   #4
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Only 3 years after the Xbox One X "the world's most powerful console" the are launching a new system. They must be scared to death of the specs on the PlayStation 5.
Old 06-09-2019, 03:07 PM   #5
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
The pres conf and Scarlett unveil were phenomenal while Sony is asleep at the wheel with their hair dryer loud PS4 Pro.
My PS4 Pro is silent. Yours must be defective. So sad for you.
Old 06-09-2019, 03:14 PM   #6
Inkabodcrane
Evil Dead

My PS4 Pro almost levitates when I play MLB the Show. Sounds like the fans are preparing for liftoff.

But that's irrelevant. I'll get a PS5 and an Xbox Scarlet. Was a good conference, at least 6 or so games I'll get were shown. And I look forward to playing Halo on PC with a m/kb. For FPS games I prefer m/kb anymore.

Go Against the Flow.
Inkabodcrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 03:20 PM   #7
Inkabodcrane
Evil Dead

I should add that I'd rather my PS4 Pro sound loud than overheat and break, so it is what it is.

Go Against the Flow.
Old 06-09-2019, 04:07 PM   #8
IGXGamingTV
Gamer. Streamer. Patriot.

Yeah ... I'm not woke, but I'm still gonna go broke. Better start saving now.

Quote:
Sounds like the fans are preparing for liftoff.
LMFAO!! Yeah, both of our PS4s don't make that loud ass noise so that can't be good if yours is doing that. Although, I don't have MLB The Show, so I guess I really can't test it out.
IGXGamingTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 05:40 PM   #9
Chief Smash
Subscriber

I don't have to watch the videos. I can tell by the amount of Evil's protesting that it must have been a decent conference.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 05:47 PM   #10
Sensei-X
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
I don't have to watch the videos. I can tell by the amount of Evil's protesting that it must have been a decent conference.
I dunno, even the hardcore Xbox fans summed it up with the only really good parts being, Keanu Reeves, Project Scarlett, Halo Infinite, and Elden Ring, in that order.
Old 06-09-2019, 06:02 PM   #11
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
That was funny. I almost blew out some Long Island Ice Tea while reading it!
Old 06-09-2019, 08:57 PM   #12
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

So I take it from this announcement that this is the exact same system as the Xbox One X, just with a SSD, right? Because the SSD was the only thing they talked about.
Old 06-09-2019, 09:18 PM   #13
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Wow. PS4s, Xbox Ones, PS4 Pros, Xbox One Xs, and some slim models in there. Now Project Scarlett and PS5s coming just a few years after the X and the Pro. They're going to roast their own market.

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.
PatrickRes9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 09:45 PM   #14
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
Wow. PS4s, Xbox Ones, PS4 Pros, Xbox One Xs, and some slim models in there. Now Project Scarlett and PS5s coming just a few years after the X and the Pro. They're going to roast their own market.
Yea, I agree with this. These two companies are in a race to outdo each other with who has the most powerful console, but MS has proven that all that power means nothing if you don't have games to back it up.

The PS4 Pro wasn't really a reaction to anything MS did though, it was something they needed to make the PSVR work. Still, it ended up muddying up the market quite a bit.
Old 06-09-2019, 09:48 PM   #15
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

See the reason I choose PC gaming over console gaming is exactly this. I just want to come home after work and play a game, something simple.

For consoles, the research alone takes forever. I don't want to have to worry about all these different systems and SKUs, who makes what, and then it's obsolete the moment you buy it so you gotta upgrade hardware all the time. Not only that but then you gotta fiddle around with the thing to make it work right. Change out the HHD to SSDs at the very least, keep the thing cool, and as we've seen here there's all kinds of noise. It's just so expensive and requires way too much prior knowledge and technical skill...
Mozain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 09:51 PM   #16
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozain View Post
See the reason I choose PC gaming over console gaming is exactly this. I just want to come home after work and play a game, something simple.

For consoles, the research alone takes forever. I don't want to have to worry about all these different systems and SKUs, who makes what, and then it's obsolete the moment you buy it so you gotta upgrade hardware all the time. Not only that but then you gotta fiddle around with the thing to make it work right. Change out the HHD to SSDs at the very least, keep the thing cool, and as we've seen here there's all kinds of noise. It's just so expensive and requires way too much prior knowledge and technical skill...
You have that totally backwards. You know that, right?
Old 06-09-2019, 09:55 PM   #17
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
So I take it from this announcement that this is the exact same system as the Xbox One X, just with a SSD, right? Because the SSD was the only thing they talked about.
Are you daft or junk drunk? They said it all, just very fast. Maybe you were taking a leak? GDDR6, 4 times the power of X1X, Navi arch, 8K etc. Man you are not very good at trolling Xbox.
Old 06-09-2019, 10:06 PM   #18
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
Are you daft or junk drunk? They said it all, just very fast. Maybe you were taking a leak? GDDR6, 4 times the power of X1X, Navi arch, 8K etc. Man you are not very good at trolling Xbox.
Do you see a lot of 8K monitors out there? Do you seriously think that when their current hardware stuggles to do 4K at a playable framerate that somehow their new hardware will do 8K???

They can barely manage 4K at 60 fps and mostly can't hit that framerate. I get that you are a fan, but control yourself please, it's embarrassing.
Old 06-09-2019, 10:11 PM   #19
Inkabodcrane
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
Do you see a lot of 8K monitors out there? Do you seriously think that when their current hardware stuggles to do 4K at a playable framerate that somehow their new hardware will do 8K???

They can barely manage 4K at 60 fps and mostly can't hit that framerate. I get that you are a fan, but control yourself please, it's embarrassing.
Ever heard of a thing called future-proofing? Or being ready for the future? 8k tv's are already being talked about. During the coming generation they will become more prominent and eventually standard. 4k is where 1080p was in about 2010-2012. I just bought another LG 50" for...$300.

I know you're smart enough to already know this, but you just enjoy trolling and being biased.

Go Against the Flow.
Old 06-09-2019, 10:13 PM   #20
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkabodcrane View Post
Ever heard of a thing called future-proofing? Or being ready for the future? 8k tv's are already being talked about. During the coming generation they will become more prominent and eventually standard. 4k is where 1080p was in about 2010-2012. I just bought another LG 50" for...$300.

I know you're smart enough to already know this, but you just enjoy trolling and being biased.
By the time 8K TV's are low enough price to be mainstream, we will be at least one more console generation down the road. I don't think there will be a lot of people still playing games on the Xbox Scarlett by then.

Tags
microsoft, xbox, xbox x