9 Replies, 631 Views

Old 01-29-2007, 11:54 PM   #21
Deadend
Evil Dead

Will there be curb stomping?
Deadend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 12:06 AM   #22
H.Bogard

PC version... PC version... PC VERSIONNNN!!!!!
Old 01-30-2007, 12:17 AM   #23
Disgustipated
Banned

Several questions.

#1 Is there ANY possible way you're going to top Baldur's Gate 2? Come on, be serious. Dare you even attempt it?

#2 How is the combat in Mass Effect really going to be? Is it going to be fun like KOTOR's? Am I going to enjoy killing people to become more powerful?

#3 Again, how will you keep the combat from getting repetitive? You could only kill so many evil Jedi in KOTOR before it became a bit of a retread.

#4 Voice acting... you guys have had some of the most top notch voice acting, PERIOD, in gaming. Baldur's Gate 1 & 2, KOTOR, Jade Empire... Can we expect such awesome voicework in Mass Effect?

#5 Length. Baldur's Gate 2 was huge (and perfect, I thought) in length, KOTOR left me wanting more, and Jade Empire was pretty short. Is Mass Effect long, or is there a reason to replay it other than perhaps just good/evil endings? We're getting pretty greedy, aren't we? "2 ENDINGS IS NOT ENOUGH! GIVE US A RADICAL NEW GAME EVERY TIME WE PLAY! OR ELSE!"

#6 KOTOR was BUGGY on Xbox and it was a good while before it lost the bugs on PC. Can we expect the same with Mass Effect? No pressure guys, we're only going to bitch for years on end if it isn't polished and bug-free.

I'll think of more later.
Disgustipated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 12:41 AM   #24
Kefkataran
Die trying

AWESOME questions, guys. Thanks for the great reaction, and I can't wait to see more. This is going to be a great damned interview.
Old 01-30-2007, 12:56 AM   #25
Wonka
Evil Dead

I have two questions:

1) Is there any chance that you guys might add cooperative play to a game like this? In a future title maybe?

2) Is there any chance that you guys might add a complete tool set for making new adventures (like what your neverwinter nights games offer) offers to one of your 360s games? More specifically, I am thinking about what might be possible now that PC gaming and 360 gaming are being brought closer together. Such as a level editor that runs on a PC and then shuffles content over onto the LIVE! service. Obviously this would be SUPER ambitious and would involve a lot of working closely with MS to make this safe. So I am more wondering if you even desire to break ground on something like this?
Wonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 01:59 AM   #26
Saturn
Knight

When are we going to see some of the other members of our party?

in the E3 demo the bartender knew who the main character was, was it from his armor or is the main character so well know that there is no chance of interacting with people without them knowing who they are helping.

also in the E3 trailer, all the selected responses on the wheel resulted in the same thing, then what is the point of threatening him with a gun or asking him nicely?
and as someone else already asked, are the responses on the wheel placed somehow that for example up is always angry and ...?
Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 02:03 AM   #27
Uniqueusername
Evil Dead

1) Does this game have the enemy toughness scaling with player level? If so, doesn't that remove most of the incentive to level up your character?

2) RPG savegames have traditionally been quite large, particularly for the more open ones. Given the memory unit size of 64MB, has this created a problem?
Uniqueusername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 02:04 AM   #28
The Iron Weasel
Bring Out Your Shred

1. In regards to combat, all the videos I have seen appeared to show 100% Auto-aim with regards to firearms, can this be turned off, or is it required?

2. Bioware is in my mind, the creator and life force of Western RPGs as we know them today, with such highly original games and being the highly respected studio they are, where do you draw influence from?
Misery Signals
Darkest Hour
All Shall Perish
Nine Inch Nails
The Iron Weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 02:22 AM   #29
Vandenh
Evil Dead

Hmmm... I think like a lot of other posters one of the interesting questions would be about (procedural) generation of locations/quests/stuff. Are the planets handmade, pre-generated or generated on the fly? Are there differences between two (newly started) games regarding content?
My suggestion, as a fellow PS3 owner, is that you should've gotten a 360.

Last edited by Vandenh; 01-30-2007 at 05:25 AM..
Vandenh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 03:30 AM   #30
FreeJon
Peon

Durning the latest demo on Live Marketplace I noticed some framerate drops.
Do you feel confident that Mass Effect will have a good framerate when it ships?
FreeJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 03:38 AM   #31
Borys
Thank You, Loki!

75% Action & 25% RPG or vice versa?
Borys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 03:47 AM   #32
BadCRC
Death Knight

How many percents of development are completed?
BadCRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 04:10 AM   #33
johnymitsu
Evil Dead

My question.
with the idea of the three games spaning the lifetime of the xbox 360, i was wondering if you were going to let players continue their charaters,teams and exact events over into the next game, for example, a player finishes the main story in mass effect 1 and explores and levels up fairly high and has his or her own specific relationships with certain characters in the game, will they be able to continue that character through into mass effect 2 through some save reading system or are we gonna have to sorta restart things? OR are the game significant amounts of time aparant, or something else along those lines? ive been wondering about this since i first saw the game and it would be great if you could clear this up for me, thanks.
johnymitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 04:27 AM   #34
Feltoar
Evil Dead

The conversations look amazing, but full cinematics for all the dialogue trees... that is an intense amount of work. What have you done to streamline the process so the game is completed on time and what is the process of conversation making like in general?
Old 01-30-2007, 05:08 AM   #35
Bishop
Dread Lord

When is it being released?
and
Will you be making another KOTOR or have you even been approached to do another?
Old 01-30-2007, 05:13 AM   #36
Esquilax1138
Another happy landing!

#1 Any hope of seeing a PC version later such as Jade Empire?

#2 Just between you and me, what is the MMO you all are working on?
Esquilax1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 05:13 AM   #37
jeffool
Hero.

We've no doubt come to expect excellent quality from Bioware in our RPGs. At what point (if any) does the long list of good games become a liability, where you feel you 'must' exceed expectations?

With XNA out now, any plans to support mods on consoles in this game or future games?
Old 01-30-2007, 05:25 AM   #38
Ph00p
Evil Dead

Do you feel development is more restrictive as developing for a console limits the complexity your allowed to introduce into a game?(ie. Kotor was child's play compared to Baulder's Gate series) If so then is the bigger market really worth the sacrifice of integrity with your long time fans due to this simplification? Are the numbers really a justification for making a gimped product?
Ph00p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 05:34 AM   #39
EL CABONG
Evil Dead

Those free gamer pics are very cool how about a free wallpaper for Mass Affect or a free one that comes with the game?

Will there be lots of downloadable content like say Oblivion? Or will it be more like the less than great Yavin station for Kotor?

Whens it coming out really... late summer,fall?

Will the good/evil paths through the game be much different besides the ending's and how my guy looks? Will there be many different events or team members for each path?

What is the level cap?

Will there be atleast 1 planet or moon where the walking xp bags will respawn so you can grind there?

Can you customize your guns and armor stat wise? Like the lightsabers from kotor.

Will there be any cool pre-order swag if so then where?

Last edited by EL CABONG; 01-30-2007 at 05:49 AM..
EL CABONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 05:43 AM   #40
EL CABONG
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnymitsu
My question.
with the idea of the three games spaning the lifetime of the xbox 360, i was wondering if you were going to let players continue their charaters,teams and exact events over into the next game, for example, a player finishes the main story in mass effect 1 and explores and levels up fairly high and has his or her own specific relationships with certain characters in the game, will they be able to continue that character through into mass effect 2 through some save reading system or are we gonna have to sorta restart things? OR are the game significant amounts of time aparant, or something else along those lines? ive been wondering about this since i first saw the game and it would be great if you could clear this up for me, thanks.
If you ask this one I would like to know if Playing the good or evil path would affect the next game so I should save atleast one gamesave from each path?
EL CABONG is offline   Reply With Quote