Last post by Wizzkidd
Today 08:07 AM
5 Replies, 773 Views

Old 10-17-2018, 04:43 PM   #21
TheMadHatter
Squire

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDuff View Post
1. DICE has spent more time researching WW2 than you have. That's how they find more interesting, untold stories. 30 countries were involved, because it was a...uh...a World War. If you think limiting the story to "japs and nazis" is preferable, and depicting anything else is "rewriting history", you actually don't know anything about this conflict, so calm down and read more books and maybe you won't have a little fit when a company that employs professional historians doesn't make a game that fits your high-school-level knowledge.

2. The demand you're describing for a "WW2 game" was answered by Call of Duty: WWII which fucking sucked, so go play that, the same WW2 game with the same cliche derivative bullshit, and have fun
well said, sir.
TheMadHatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 05:55 PM   #22
Chief Smash
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadHatter View Post
well said, sir.
It sounded like a weak appeal to authority to me.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 09:18 AM   #23
Booda
Beam another Blast

Ha! Even the limp wristed SJWs are having a hard time getting onboard this PC bullshit single-player campaign.

Battlefield 5ís single-player story left me feeling disappointed
Booda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 12:15 PM   #24
EGO
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDuff View Post
1. DICE has spent more time researching WW2 than you have. That's how they find more interesting, untold stories. 30 countries were involved, because it was a...uh...a World War. If you think limiting the story to "japs and nazis" is preferable, and depicting anything else is "rewriting history", you actually don't know anything about this conflict, so calm down and read more books and maybe you won't have a little fit when a company that employs professional historians doesn't make a game that fits your high-school-level knowledge.

2. The demand you're describing for a "WW2 game" was answered by Call of Duty: WWII which fucking sucked, so go play that, the same WW2 game with the same cliche derivative bullshit, and have fun
Quoted for TRUTH.

Everyone stop being butt-chapped, because they DARED to show some black dudes fought in the WORLD WAR.

Are your egos (he he) SO FRAGILE that you can't accept WWII wasn't just "japs and nazis versus 'MERICA!!!" And even if they weren't French/African soldiers, there were PLENTY of American black soldiers fighting in WWII.

I trust DICE's research, since they immerse themselves in this stuff for years and have consultants, versus the rage of someone who thinks Inglorious Bastards was a documentary.
Old 10-18-2018, 01:42 PM   #25
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGO View Post
Quoted for TRUTH.

Everyone stop being butt-chapped, because they DARED to show some black dudes fought in the WORLD WAR.

Are your egos (he he) SO FRAGILE that you can't accept WWII wasn't just "japs and nazis versus 'MERICA!!!" And even if they weren't French/African soldiers, there were PLENTY of American black soldiers fighting in WWII.

I trust DICE's research, since they immerse themselves in this stuff for years and have consultants, versus the rage of someone who thinks Inglorious Bastards was a documentary.
Me I'm looking forward to the next battlefield, even with more choices! You can play as a black, a tranny, or a woman. Sorry no white in the game at all. There's some fucking virtue signaling eh?
SpectralThundr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 03:42 PM   #26
GodFather
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Me I'm looking forward to the next battlefield, even with more choices! You can play as a black, a tranny, or a woman. Sorry no white in the game at all. There's some fucking virtue signaling eh?
I want to play as a tranny and flash my junk at the enemy...
GodFather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 07:55 PM   #27
Terran
Evil Dead

I'm shocked at the bigotry of 'progressive' people in this thread assuming race from skin color. You should be ashamed of yourself that while you defend DICE's 'research' into this arena you haven't done your own and have assumed that black people in this game identify as black, white as white, etc..

Narrowminded bastards like you will eventually die off so that society can move forward, probably during the second term of our wonderful future president, Chief Spreading Bull and her vice president, Rachel Dolezal.

Now excuse me while I read a bedtime story to my child, Zer---Zim---#6, and explain how fucked up it was for the prince to kiss Snow White. I'm setting up a 529 for Zer/Zim/#6 to attend Evergreen ASAP so zer/zim/#6 can learn to not be like you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 10:58 PM   #28
MacDuff
Dread Lord

lol .
MacDuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 02:31 PM   #29
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

How the hell can you people claim DICE "did their research" without also mentioning the fact that highlighting VERY MINOR ROLES AND EVENTS as if they were MAJOR IMPORTANT ones, is ITSELF revisionist history!!!!
Old 10-19-2018, 02:49 PM   #30
LostToys
Evil Dead

Because how many fucking times do you need to play a level where you storm Normandy? I personally like how they have been telling smaller, more personal stories, rather than trying to retread the same "epic" battles of the last two decades.

It is only revisionist history if they are trying to claim that these minor events were as important as the other events of the war. They are not. This would be like complaining about Dunkirk not being Saving Private Ryan because it lacked D-Day.
LostToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 06:06 PM   #31
Wizzkidd
Evil Dead

I don't give a shit about the campaign. I'll play it if I'm too drunk to play MP or something. I just want it for the MP.

Go Against the Flow.
Wizzkidd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battlefield v