Evil Avatar  



Go Back   Evil Avatar > Daily Gaming News > News Items

» Sponsored Links


» Recent Threads
Activision says that...
Last post by SpectralThundr
Yesterday 11:51 PM
28 Replies, 1,737 Views
Strategy Shooter Void...
Last post by brandonjclark
Yesterday 10:07 PM
2 Replies, 176 Views
Microsoft Acquires...
Last post by SpectralThundr
Yesterday 09:21 PM
6 Replies, 249 Views
Game & Movie Releases...
Last post by Major Dan
Yesterday 09:10 PM
1 Replies, 147 Views
Marvel's Stan Lee Series...
Last post by Terran
Yesterday 08:47 PM
11 Replies, 430 Views
Shadow of the Tomb...
Last post by Evil Avatar
Yesterday 07:42 PM
1 Replies, 140 Views
Forza Horizon 4 DLC...
Last post by Evil Avatar
Yesterday 07:41 PM
0 Replies, 135 Views
Pokemon Detective...
Last post by Evil Avatar
Yesterday 07:11 PM
1 Replies, 227 Views
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2017, 05:39 PM   #21
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Terran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 12,904
I really dislike the art in BotW. It just doesn't look good to me at all.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
"...boys lining up outside a room to take a turn gang raping a woman?...I went to frat parties where shit like this was going down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 05:47 PM   #22
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game
 
Evil Avatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 33,159
Blog Entries: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
I really dislike the art in BotW. It just doesn't look good to me at all.
I think it looks fun, but not system-selling fun. I think if you planned to buy a Switch anyway, that this is pretty much the only decent title they will have at launch and word is that it's a great game on top of that.

It just doesn't look like something you would buy a system just to play.
__________________
I'm bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be than me.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 05:47 PM   #23
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bawwston
Posts: 7,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
I really dislike the art in BotW. It just doesn't look good to me at all.
The art style is like a 5 year old vomited all over the screen and then proceeded to finger paint with it.
SpectralThundr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 05:52 PM   #24
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead
 
ElektroDragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Seattle area
Posts: 10,511
So as it turns out, my wife wants a switch for some godawful reason. And my kid still wants a NES Classic. Neither of which I can provide. Nintendo: making families miserable since 2016.
__________________
Proud to be perma-banned 5 times on NeoGAF.
ElektroDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 05:55 PM   #25
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game
 
Evil Avatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 33,159
Blog Entries: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
So as it turns out, my wife wants a switch for some godawful reason. And my kid still wants a NES Classic. Neither of which I can provide. Nintendo: making families miserable since 2016.
Go buy your kid an actual NES at a used game store and then you can load it up with every game you find at a garage sale from now until the end of time. Heh.
__________________
I'm bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be than me.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 05:57 PM   #26
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Terran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 12,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
The art style is like a 5 year old vomited all over the screen and then proceeded to finger paint with it.
One of my kids did that as an infant. It looked better.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
"...boys lining up outside a room to take a turn gang raping a woman?...I went to frat parties where shit like this was going down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 06:36 PM   #27
Demo_Boy
@DemoEvolved on Twitter
 
Demo_Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,774
Blog Entries: 7
The last time I used a Bluetooth controller (itv) it felt like it had a bit of latency. Not a fan of Bluetooth for controllers
Demo_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 06:41 PM   #28
Chief Smash
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: CT - USA
Posts: 3,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demo_Boy View Post
The last time I used a Bluetooth controller (itv) it felt like it had a bit of latency. Not a fan of Bluetooth for controllers
Don't the PS4 and XB1 both use Bluetooth for their controllers too?
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 07:04 PM   #29
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies
 
PatrickRes9's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
I think it looks fun, but not system-selling fun. I think if you planned to buy a Switch anyway, that this is pretty much the only decent title they will have at launch and word is that it's a great game on top of that.

It just doesn't look like something you would buy a system just to play.
If even half the hype coming in from the previews is true, if this isn't a "system selling game" what the heck is? I bet Horizon is, right?

haha. ahhh...
__________________
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front.

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 07:56 PM   #30
blackzc
Evil Dead
 
blackzc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: I am boot, hear me win!
Posts: 6,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
If even half the hype coming in from the previews is true, if this isn't a "system selling game" what the heck is? I bet Horizon is, right?

haha. ahhh...


This thing about BOTW is its going to be dripping with polish and quality. As is just about everything that Nintendo does.

I'm starting to get antsy bros.
__________________
Nintendo: A guiding light in a sea of video game degeneracy
blackzc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 10:15 PM   #31
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist
 
Chimpbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Third Planet of the Black Hole
Posts: 8,438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demo_Boy View Post
The last time I used a Bluetooth controller (itv) it felt like it had a bit of latency. Not a fan of Bluetooth for controllers
Have you used a PS4 controller? Or a PS3 controller? Or a Wii remote?
__________________
EvAv's Senior Godzillaologist
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front
Chimpbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 11:36 PM   #32
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bawwston
Posts: 7,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post


This thing about BOTW is its going to be dripping with polish and quality. As is just about everything that Nintendo does.

I'm starting to get antsy bros.
So if the open world part ended up being no different than the average Ubisoft game would BOTW be treated any different? Or would Nintendo get a pass? Personally I don't have a horse in this at all. I'm just wondering if the handful that act as though they are God's gift to gaming would treat it any different.
SpectralThundr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 02:15 AM   #33
blackzc
Evil Dead
 
blackzc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: I am boot, hear me win!
Posts: 6,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
So if the open world part ended up being no different than the average Ubisoft game would BOTW be treated any different? Or would Nintendo get a pass? Personally I don't have a horse in this at all. I'm just wondering if the handful that act as though they are God's gift to gaming would treat it any different.
If it were like an average ubi game i would still think it was better. Placebo is a hell of a thing and im aware of it. Doesn't mean im going to try to counter it every time i see it. This is video games after all, its meant to be an escape and fun.

Fact is, Nintendo as a company has a lot of personality and character. They seem to care and every employee seems to love what they do. This creates an image that im drawn to. This makes their games better. Yes. Its the whole package. I hope Switch has something like Miiverse, that was very cool. Also the in game chat boxes from other players is a really nice touch.

And you saying you do not have a horse in this is objectively false. You have a lot of hourse.

Just go buy a fucking switch already. Everyone is going to have one in a year, its going to have a crap ton of games, on cartridge!. Do you really want to miss out on the next Game boy?
__________________
Nintendo: A guiding light in a sea of video game degeneracy
blackzc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 02:50 AM   #34
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bawwston
Posts: 7,367
No I really don't. And no I don't want a switch. Honestly I really care for most Japanese made titles to begin with, with a very few exceptions. I do appreciate the honest reply. I do find it somewhat hypocritical, but at the same time, not at all surprising.

Though for me going even all the way back to the 80's, Nintendo games and their systems were never anything special to me personally. There were countless arcade machines I was more in awe with, and early PC titles that I preferred. I chose Sega back then, the sports titles played better on the genesis than the SNES, the arcade ports like the original Mortal Kombat didn't have things cut or changed to be more "kid friendly". I just was never really impressed with how nintendo did things. That will likely never change.
SpectralThundr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 02:59 AM   #35
Wizzkidd
Evil Dead
 
Wizzkidd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,503
Giant Bomb's Dan Ryckert was tweeting about this tonight.

Quote:
I've been having way more issues with the left Joy-Con tonight. Numerous instances of losing complete control for several seconds.
Hopefully the day one patch fixes this. But I am worried.
__________________
I used to indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

Go Against the Flow.
Wizzkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 07:57 AM   #36
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies
 
PatrickRes9's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,657
Edge Magazine Reviews
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild [10]
Horizon Zero Dawn [9]
Nioh [9]
Sniper Elite 4 [7]
Torment: Tides of Numenera [8]
Aaero [7] / PC
Dexed [6] / PSVR

Review scores are borderline meaningless, but a 10 from EDGE is impressive.
__________________
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front.

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 08:08 AM   #37
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Terran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 12,904
Quote:
Giant Bomb's Dan Ryckert was tweeting about this tonight.
No sweat. With so few available, there won't be many people who have to worry about it, nor will there be many to recall if it really goes south. Perhaps now we know why Nintendo isn't producing that many for the launch?

GENIUS!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
"...boys lining up outside a room to take a turn gang raping a woman?...I went to frat parties where shit like this was going down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 08:19 AM   #38
walstib
Evil Dead
 
walstib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
Hopefully they rectify this day 1. Sounds like they're going to as Chimpbot alluded to.

Some positive news for Nintendo:

Previews are starting to roll out for Zelda: BotW and it seems like most journalists agree that the game is incredible, and some are even saying it could be the best game in the series or the best game of all time, as a leaked Polygon preview claimed.

Some other praise via Twitter

makes me think of spoony and his ultima9 review. one of the best most accurate and funniest game reviews ever recorded. look at the back of the ultima9 box

i dont expect zelda to be bad at all. likely it is awesome. i'm just not excited by the switch concept and haven't been into the nintendo franchises for years. but cool if they succeed all the same
walstib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 08:20 AM   #39
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies
 
PatrickRes9's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
No sweat. With so few available, there won't be many people who have to worry about it, nor will there be many to recall if it really goes south. Perhaps now we know why Nintendo isn't producing that many for the launch?

GENIUS!
I think the lack of Switch availability is more of a demand issue than an undercut supply issue. Nintendo pushed 2 million units for launch. The Wii U sold 13.5 million in its entire lifecycle. 2 million produced units by launch is a reasonable amount, especially considering how poorly the Wii U sold.

But my worry on the de-syncing issue is pretty much non-existent. I'm sure Nintendo won't let an experience breaking issue press on very long for a console that is building buzz by the day and has the potential to turn their fortunes around.
__________________
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front.

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 08:30 AM   #40
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies
 
PatrickRes9's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by walstib View Post
makes me think of spoony and his ultima9 review. one of the best most accurate and funniest game reviews ever recorded. look at the back of the ultima9 box

i dont expect zelda to be bad at all. likely it is awesome. i'm just not excited by the switch concept and haven't been into the nintendo franchises for years. but cool if they succeed all the same
lol, yah, I dont blame you. I don't think they've really done that much to excite the "core gamer" over the last few generations. I myself, even as CLEARLY a bit of a Nintendo fanboy (not apposed to criticizing them when they make bad choices - just root for their success because their franchises present so many fond memories) didn't like the Wii at all. I thought the Wii was terrible. And thought the Wii U had some very good exclusive games, but could have easily been passed over and really was never that exciting either. The Wii U had plenty of missed opportunities. I think the Switch is the first console to get me genuinely hyped for Nintendo hardware in a long time. But part of why it strikes a chord with me is there is no forced gimmick. You play however you want to play and that includes fully mobile, which is a big deal to me personally, but it won't be to everyone. I think the Switch is a more valid attempt to draw "core gamers" in than the Wii and Wii U at least.

Hopefully Nintendo does well and continues on to make games to the quality it sounds like Breath of the Wild lives up to. A real/new Animal Crossing and Metroid Prime game have been MIA for too long.
__________________
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front.

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
nintendo switch, switch

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:54 AM.